Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What exactly is the topic? Showing a stock vehicle with available accessories and some used surfboards and calling it a "Riptide Concept"? The main features of this "custom" vehicle is all of the factory capabilities already built into the BD 2.7 Sas... Why are you telling people what to talk about? It's an open forum right? I can see if someone started a thread that was off Bronco topic but if the conversation on this ridiculous thread goes toward what's really on people's mind then so be it!

Don't get me wrong. Love these pics and love the accessories, but calling it "custom" and a
"Riptide Concept" is a bit much... lot's of people already doing real custom work on their Broncos and not calling it a "Concept" or even a "custom Bronco"...
It's not that hard to figure out - it's in the topic title.

It's just showing different factory-offered accessories like several past "concepts" they've shown. Not sure why you're making it a big deal.

I'm all for a natural flow of conversations and topics, but there are 800,000 other roof/delay threads to discuss that topic.

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice photos with backdrop. That has never been a problem for Ford. But it leaves me to question if there are actually enthusiasts that they consult on these concepts. We saw in the fishing rig concept the fantasy of mounting a Yeti cooler on the rooftop rack. And here we see two surfboards mounted on the roof the wrong way. Fins Always Forward. Such a simple concept that Missy once again missed.
its marketing deciding where things go for accessories, you know that the fins go on the front but most dont and aesthetically it looks cleaner

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thoughts while reading this thread:

"Oh cool, actual Bronco content."
peruse photos
"Wow, that looks pretty cool. I am excited to get mine (although a 2 door...4 dr blah)"
peruse more photos
"not sure I need a light bar, but I can't wait to get my SUP on top of mine"
peruse more photos
"my BD is going to be so much fun to have at the Carolina beachs!"
start reading comments
"WTF are people mad about...these are just photos of a cool Bronco"
read more comments
"Seriously, is somebody complaining about the placement of the board. I put my board with the finds back...am I wrong?"
read more comments...
"Man, people are really pissed...how are people getting so upset about a thread with cool photos?"
read more comments
"Are people still complaining about the photos and the placement of the boards...WTF forum people!"
look to see how many pages....
"8 fucking pages of people bitching...seriously?"
make a post of my own...
"If so many people are getting so upset about a thread with cool Bronco photos, what the fuck is the forum even for".

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is how i do mine usually 1 strap super quick,if im traveling i use two,i found a bunch of videos where they were doing it backwards they were all from australia just like the toilet spins the other way i guess.
Just got back from a 6300 mi road trip 13 states board on the roof do it this way if you want to live.https://youtu.be/u4QOMAJvAAU

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really looks nice! That's an excellent way to keep us wanting for more, and make the wait less oppressive or painful until we can get our broncos, but the wait despairs...:(

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is how i do mine usually 1 strap super quick,if im traveling i use two,i found a bunch of videos where they were doing it backwards they were all from australia just like the toilet spins the other way i guess.
Just got back from a 6300 mi road trip 13 states board on the roof do it this way if you want to live.https://youtu.be/u4QOMAJvAAU
The backwards board seems to be an east coast thing. There is pretty much no way to have a board come off the rack with a decent strap.

If your board is slippin, you are trippin.

Source: been to the beach a couple times.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™‚๏ธ BRONCO RIPTIDE concept build features prototype front steel bumper, Bimini top, tube doors, bike rack, crossbars, RIGID lights PXL_20210725_214926453

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You expect FMC to have that level of attention at this point?
I'm surprised they remembered to even put wheels on it!
Come on guy, they got the no roof part right!

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts while reading this thread:

"Oh cool, actual Bronco content."
peruse photos
"Wow, that looks pretty cool. I am excited to get mine (although a 2 door...4 dr blah)"
peruse more photos
"not sure I need a light bar, but I can't wait to get my SUP on top of mine"
peruse more photos
"my BD is going to be so much fun to have at the Carolina beachs!"
start reading comments
"WTF are people mad about...these are just photos of a cool Bronco"
read more comments
"Seriously, is somebody complaining about the placement of the board. I put my board with the finds back...am I wrong?"
read more comments...
"Man, people are really pissed...how are people getting so upset about a thread with cool photos?"
read more comments
"Are people still complaining about the photos and the placement of the boards...WTF forum people!"
look to see how many pages....
"8 fucking pages of people bitching...seriously?"
make a post of my own...
"If so many people are getting so upset about a thread with cool Bronco photos, what the fuck is the forum even for".
Bitchingโ€ฆ duh.

you did contribute the most

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Administrator You might want to update the original post with some details and the walk around video that I'm linking:

A couple of notes of interest - This concept rig has been "sat" on for some time. The walk around was shot in the late winter and it was cold out at the time. The Capable Bumper is mentioned in the beginning (around 3:15 mark) that it will be available for MY'22. It was on the B/P up until January when it was a late scratch for MY'21.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Administrator You might want to update the original post with some details and the walk around video that I'm linking:

A couple of notes of interest - This concept rig has been "sat" on for some time. The walk around was shot in the late winter and it was cold out at the time. The Capable Bumper is mentioned in the beginning (around 3:15 mark) that it will be available for MY'22. It was on the B/P up until January when it was a late scratch for MY'21.
I thought so.
This is the concept build in Velocity Blue that they 'hinted' at around the beginning of the year. We were seeing 'spy' shots of pretty much every other color with the exception of VB.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought so.
This is the concept build in Velocity Blue that they 'hinted' at around the beginning of the year. We were seeing 'spy' shots of pretty much every other color with the exception of VB.
There still is the mystery New Blue chassis that was on a wooden skid that seemed to disappear. What gets me about this is that Ford sat on this concept for 8 months. They only release the concept now in what seems like an effort to distract from the dumpster fire that is the current MIC top problems.
Sponsored