King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The beadlocks look awesome. Is there an aftermarket ring that achieves that look but not "bead lock'n" as don't need the hassle for around town'n and mountain bike'n. I suppose the ring looks better as it's larger. And shiny.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Call me jaded, but all I see is a desperate attempt to sell you on the soft top switch with more things you can't actually purchase.
I understand. I think they're trying to move on with some hope for the future, as am I. They can't sell me on a soft-top switch, because my OBX is in MIC Purgatory. Ford and it's dealers would like to have these Bronco's in our possession, and make an actual sale, as much as I would. And I don't want to make a daily companion of anger & frustration, there's enough of that in our country already. In the mean time, I have a very nice F150 to drive, so I can choose to be patient!

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Upgrade to the Riptide Rush package and you get an unobtanium bumper, VB, a roof rack, a light bar, a different trim badge sticker (9th in the series) AND...a year's supply of Gatorade!

G_FrostRiptide_32oz.png

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand. I think they're trying to move on with some hope for the future, as am I. Ford and it's dealers would like to have these Bronco's in our possession, and make an actual sale, as much as I would. And I don't want to make a daily companion of anger & frustration, there's enough of that in our country already. In the mean time, I have a very nice F150 to drive, so I can choose to be patient!
I just find the timing in poor taste. It's another stay pumped, swing-and-a-miss tease.

Don't get me wrong, it looks sweet! But it's also kicking someone when their down.

Call the hotline. It's all switched up now. Basically says don't bother with Ford support and contact your dealer. Let them not give you any answers.

Edit: @Ford Motor Company just send pictures of what is being accomplished on the MIC tops. Behind the scenes of the new molds, replacements being fitted on dirt mountain units, etc. I'm a soft top (switched) and that would make me happier than this "west coast" concept.

Sponsored

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Folks: we're all very frustrated by the roof issues / delay problems, but let's not make every post about that. Plenty of other threads discussing those issues.

Keep the replies on topic please.
This wouldn’t be B6G without the thread being edited to reflect the correct thoughts now would it?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BRONCO RIPTIDE PROJECT VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS FACTORY ACCESSORIES FOR THE SUN-SOAKED COASTAL LIFE

Bronco_Riptide Concept_07.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 17, 2021 – Bronco® brand, the Ford outdoor brand of Built Wild™ and only-4x4 vehicles, today reveals the 2021 Bronco Riptide custom build vehicle, designed with West Coast fun and factory-backed accessory personalization in mind.

Following last year’s Bronco OG and Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concepts, the new Bronco Riptide project vehicle is designed for spontaneous outdoor adventures. With the roof off, doors removed and replaced with tubular doors, and surfboard rack and boards above, there is plenty of open air for the fun and sun to shine in.

The Velocity Blue exterior is meant to evoke tropical ocean hues. With durable marine-grade vinyl-trimmed seats in Black Onyx and Dark Space Gray and rubberized washout flooring, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle never shies away from a carefree day at the ocean shore.

“For this Bronco Riptide project, we imagined a customer who enjoys the open air and a free-spirited West Coast lifestyle,” said Missy Coolsaet, Bronco color and materials designer. “We wanted the vehicle to demonstrate how Bronco customers can personalize their vehicle, letting different types of customers visualize what they might want to do with their future Bronco.”

Based on the 2021 Bronco four-door with Sasquatch™ Package for even more Built Wild capability, the Bronco Riptide vehicle features 35-inch mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch factory wheels with optional Ford Performance beadlock rings, Dana™ AdvanTEK® electronic-locking front and rear axles, a high-clearance suspension system with Bilstein®position-sensitive long-travel shock absorbers, plus exclusive Bronco Terrain Management System™ with seven G.O.A.T. Modes™ designed to help ensure Bronco goes over any type of terrain.

The vehicle showcases many Ford accessories available to retail customers at their dealer at time of purchase. Bronco customers can add the cost of factory- and dealer-installed accessories to their financing and roll it into their monthly payment. Accessories used on Bronco Riptide include a Bestop® mesh Bimini top, a Yakima® bike rack with Santa Cruz™mountain bikes, and a RIGID® LED lightbar and mirror-mounted off-road lights. In addition, a unique prototype front steel bumper gives the Bronco Riptide project vehicle added Built Wild durability and capability.

Like the two Almond™ surfboards inspired by surfers and craftsmen of all varieties, the Bronco design team came up with two prototype crossbars that are bolted to the sport bars to show how overhead racks can be easily mounted without interfering with the soft tops.

Powered by a 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine with 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission featuring Trail Control, Trail One-Pedal Drive* and Trail Turn Assist, the Bronco Riptide vehicle blends torque and performance that fits with its nature-inspired design.

“Thanks to the Bronco modular design, we were able to outfit the vehicle with adventure gear that allows for freedom and versatility,” said Coolsaet. “Whether heading off to the mountains or along the California coast, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle is ready for adventure.”

Bronco_Riptide Concept_08.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_06.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_04.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_03.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_02.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_01.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_05.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_07.jpg
Theres the mysterious vanishing bumper!
Ford could've at least given us a preview of the alleged green paint we're allegedly getting for 2022..... This is a big yawn... nothing we haven't really seen before. @Ford Motor Company the new and improved order banks open in just over a month, can we get a little insight sooner?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"The Velocity Blue exterior is meant to evoke tropical ocean hues ... "

Ford please consider keeping VB for 2022. Saw VB in person on a 2-door, such a nice color on a Bronco. I'm concerned about what subset of colors will be left for the base customers in 2022.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it but only kooks put their boards on like that fins front or nothing🙈

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A rack with no roof?? Perfect for surf rods and Kayaking the beach. Sounds great!

“prototype crossbars that are bolted to the sport bars to show how overhead racks can be easily mounted without interfering with the soft tops”

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford has along way to go to get to the level of a special Wrangler built from the Mopar catalog.

The biggest step would be giving the customers a vehicle to hang the accessories.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone else notice the BYOD rail in the 2nd pic? 👀

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel….This is just a (any) Bronco with different accessories. It looks great! But this is what I planned on doing with my Wildtrak anyway.
1. Great, a new option for bumper.
2. Great, roof rack for topless. (But at least spread it out so that it’s usable for longer items. Good for a 6’ board….:but what about a 10’ or 11’ SUP?)
3. Longer boards probably won’t work with light bar (delete).
4. Make the WT available (all models) for MGV.

Hopefully, this isn’t going to be Ford’s way of presenting new Editions. Because I feel that it’s just bolting on accessories that anyone can purchase.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BRONCO RIPTIDE PROJECT VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS FACTORY ACCESSORIES FOR THE SUN-SOAKED COASTAL LIFE

Ford Bronco 🏄‍♂️ BRONCO RIPTIDE concept build features prototype front steel bumper, Bimini top, tube doors, bike rack, crossbars, RIGID lights G_FrostRiptide_32oz

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 17, 2021 – Bronco® brand, the Ford outdoor brand of Built Wild™ and only-4x4 vehicles, today reveals the 2021 Bronco Riptide custom build vehicle, designed with West Coast fun and factory-backed accessory personalization in mind.

Following last year’s Bronco OG and Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concepts, the new Bronco Riptide project vehicle is designed for spontaneous outdoor adventures. With the roof off, doors removed and replaced with tubular doors, and surfboard rack and boards above, there is plenty of open air for the fun and sun to shine in.

The Velocity Blue exterior is meant to evoke tropical ocean hues. With durable marine-grade vinyl-trimmed seats in Black Onyx and Dark Space Gray and rubberized washout flooring, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle never shies away from a carefree day at the ocean shore.

“For this Bronco Riptide project, we imagined a customer who enjoys the open air and a free-spirited West Coast lifestyle,” said Missy Coolsaet, Bronco color and materials designer. “We wanted the vehicle to demonstrate how Bronco customers can personalize their vehicle, letting different types of customers visualize what they might want to do with their future Bronco.”

Based on the 2021 Bronco four-door with Sasquatch™ Package for even more Built Wild capability, the Bronco Riptide vehicle features 35-inch mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch factory wheels with optional Ford Performance beadlock rings, Dana™ AdvanTEK® electronic-locking front and rear axles, a high-clearance suspension system with Bilstein®position-sensitive long-travel shock absorbers, plus exclusive Bronco Terrain Management System™ with seven G.O.A.T. Modes™ designed to help ensure Bronco goes over any type of terrain.

The vehicle showcases many Ford accessories available to retail customers at their dealer at time of purchase. Bronco customers can add the cost of factory- and dealer-installed accessories to their financing and roll it into their monthly payment. Accessories used on Bronco Riptide include a Bestop® mesh Bimini top, a Yakima® bike rack with Santa Cruz™mountain bikes, and a RIGID® LED lightbar and mirror-mounted off-road lights. In addition, a unique prototype front steel bumper gives the Bronco Riptide project vehicle added Built Wild durability and capability.

Like the two Almond™ surfboards inspired by surfers and craftsmen of all varieties, the Bronco design team came up with two prototype crossbars that are bolted to the sport bars to show how overhead racks can be easily mounted without interfering with the soft tops.

Powered by a 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine with 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission featuring Trail Control, Trail One-Pedal Drive* and Trail Turn Assist, the Bronco Riptide vehicle blends torque and performance that fits with its nature-inspired design.

“Thanks to the Bronco modular design, we were able to outfit the vehicle with adventure gear that allows for freedom and versatility,” said Coolsaet. “Whether heading off to the mountains or along the California coast, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle is ready for adventure.”

Ford Bronco 🏄‍♂️ BRONCO RIPTIDE concept build features prototype front steel bumper, Bimini top, tube doors, bike rack, crossbars, RIGID lights G_FrostRiptide_32oz

not a fan of the tube doors i much prefer a regular door
Sponsored