Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks: we're all very frustrated by the roof issues / delay problems, but let's not make every post about that. Plenty of other threads discussing those issues.

Keep the replies on topic please.
More tone deaf marketing by Ford. They already have two years worth of production queued up and aren't delivering any of it for weeks, most for several months.

They've repeatedly demonstrated that they can't deliver most of what is offered for "sale" right now, so they decide to showcase some more **** you can't get for your vehicle you can't get. Trying to trick some more rubes into giving them deposits on stuff they can't deliver. Pure genius.
Sponsored

19Bronco70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Absolutly nothing wrong with being a beginner at anything ,but that there is the wrong way to do it fins always first if for no other reason if your straps slip the fins will catch.
If the straps slip then doesn't it just torpedo into the vehicle in front of you when you hit the brakes?

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the dune buggy look of a 4d with the roof and doors off.

Too bad I don't live near Silver Lake dunes anymore.

PJRob

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Soon? (too early?)
Bozard knows to order them as soon as they are available. If we still have our demo VB Wildtrax at that point I'm sure a set will end up on that.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the replies on topic please.
What exactly is the topic? Showing a stock vehicle with available accessories and some used surfboards and calling it a "Riptide Concept"? The main features of this "custom" vehicle is all of the factory capabilities already built into the BD 2.7 Sas... Why are you telling people what to talk about? It's an open forum right? I can see if someone started a thread that was off Bronco topic but if the conversation on this ridiculous thread goes toward what's really on people's mind then so be it!

Don't get me wrong. Love these pics and love the accessories, but calling it "custom" and a
"Riptide Concept" is a bit much... lot's of people already doing real custom work on their Broncos and not calling it a "Concept" or even a "custom Bronco"...

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you stop short, and the straps are loose, then the boards are going to go forward. The fins won't do much.

I usually put mine fin first just because that's "the way" but I, and many friends, have carried them with fins back with no issues.

If your straps come loose enough that the boards start moving around the fins probably aren't going to do much.

I don't have an issue with the boards in the photo.
Idk, I typically loop my strap around the cross bars so it goes on either side of the center fin. so either way it will catch if the fins are in the front🤷🏼‍♀️ straps would have to be really loose for the fins to not stop movement. (ugh this was not a debate i ever expected on a Bronco forum. I should have known better 😄)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bozard knows to order them as soon as they are available. If we still have our demo VB Wildtrax at that point I'm sure a set will end up on that.
Why wouldn't they look to sell it as soon as the in-service requirement is up? Doesn't make sense to continue to hold on to a vehicle that was built in July '21. Sell it and get a MY'22 to be the showroom princess.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Video confirms high gloss front grille… that would pair really well with the high glass modular hard top. I’m interested in the surfboard setup and how it works with the sunshade.

PJRob

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why wouldn't they look to sell it as soon as the in-service requirement is up? Doesn't make sense to continue to hold on to a vehicle that was built in July '21. Sell it and get a MY'22 to be the showroom princess.

There are a lot of people that have been following bronco very closely for the last year, but there are also customers that are seeing it for the first time on the road and still other customers that are willing to order but would like to put there hands on it first. Having the vehicle at our dealership is a huge asset.

That being said we might sell it when we hit the mileage/time requirements from Ford. Our Mach E demonstrator lasted about 8 months so if I had to guess it will be here for at least 6 if you would like to take it for a test drive :)

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are a lot of people that have been following bronco very closely for the last year, but there are also customers that are seeing it for the first time on the road and still other customers that are willing to order but would like to put there hands on it first. Having the vehicle at our dealership is a huge asset.

That being said we might sell it when we hit the mileage/time requirements from Ford. Our Mach E demonstrator lasted about 8 months so if I had to guess it will be here for at least 6 if you would like to take it for a test drive :)
I already did. I would have preferred to take an actual test drive and not be restricted to a specific route that lasted at most 15 minutes. I agree that a demo is a great asset for those that are seeing it for the first time and for those that want to order but would like to see it first.

But showing a vehicle that can't be ordered must be hard to explain to a customer not following the problems Ford has had with the hard tops. A WT with a soft top can't be ordered for customers. But they will point to the one that they just test drove. Seems like it would be better to unload a vehicle that can't be built as seen once the 6 months is over and replace it with a vehicle that can. In the mean time, it will serve it's purpose and allow customers to see, touch, and drive an actual Bronco.

But back to your original response about adding the tube doors to a demo. My question would be why? The tube doors aren't on the window sticker and the vehicle has already had a deposit placed on it for when it becomes available for sale.

PJRob

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I already did. I would have preferred to take an actual test drive and not be restricted to a specific route that lasted at most 15 minutes. I agree that a demo is a great asset for those that are seeing it for the first time and for those that want to order but would like to see it first.

But showing a vehicle that can't be ordered must be hard to explain to a customer not following the problems Ford has had with the hard tops. A WT with a soft top can't be ordered for customers. But they will point to the one that they just test drove. Seems like it would be better to unload a vehicle that can't be built as seen once the 6 months is over and replace it with a vehicle that can. In the mean time, it will serve it's purpose and allow customers to see, touch, and drive an actual Bronco.

But back to your original response about adding the tube doors to a demo. My question would be why? The tube doors aren't on the window sticker and the vehicle has already had a deposit placed on it for when it becomes available for sale.

If you would like to take if for a longer test drive I'm sure that's an option. Please feel free to reach out to me at my cell phone. 904-540-9301

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BRONCO RIPTIDE PROJECT VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS FACTORY ACCESSORIES FOR THE SUN-SOAKED COASTAL LIFE

Yet we can’t get a SASQUATCHED anything with a roof rack stock?

Bronco_Riptide Concept_07.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 17, 2021 – Bronco® brand, the Ford outdoor brand of Built Wild™ and only-4x4 vehicles, today reveals the 2021 Bronco Riptide custom build vehicle, designed with West Coast fun and factory-backed accessory personalization in mind.

Following last year’s Bronco OG and Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concepts, the new Bronco Riptide project vehicle is designed for spontaneous outdoor adventures. With the roof off, doors removed and replaced with tubular doors, and surfboard rack and boards above, there is plenty of open air for the fun and sun to shine in.

The Velocity Blue exterior is meant to evoke tropical ocean hues. With durable marine-grade vinyl-trimmed seats in Black Onyx and Dark Space Gray and rubberized washout flooring, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle never shies away from a carefree day at the ocean shore.

“For this Bronco Riptide project, we imagined a customer who enjoys the open air and a free-spirited West Coast lifestyle,” said Missy Coolsaet, Bronco color and materials designer. “We wanted the vehicle to demonstrate how Bronco customers can personalize their vehicle, letting different types of customers visualize what they might want to do with their future Bronco.”

Based on the 2021 Bronco four-door with Sasquatch™ Package for even more Built Wild capability, the Bronco Riptide vehicle features 35-inch mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch factory wheels with optional Ford Performance beadlock rings, Dana™ AdvanTEK® electronic-locking front and rear axles, a high-clearance suspension system with Bilstein®position-sensitive long-travel shock absorbers, plus exclusive Bronco Terrain Management System™ with seven G.O.A.T. Modes™ designed to help ensure Bronco goes over any type of terrain.

The vehicle showcases many Ford accessories available to retail customers at their dealer at time of purchase. Bronco customers can add the cost of factory- and dealer-installed accessories to their financing and roll it into their monthly payment. Accessories used on Bronco Riptide include a Bestop® mesh Bimini top, a Yakima® bike rack with Santa Cruz™mountain bikes, and a RIGID® LED lightbar and mirror-mounted off-road lights. In addition, a unique prototype front steel bumper gives the Bronco Riptide project vehicle added Built Wild durability and capability.

Like the two Almond™ surfboards inspired by surfers and craftsmen of all varieties, the Bronco design team came up with two prototype crossbars that are bolted to the sport bars to show how overhead racks can be easily mounted without interfering with the soft tops.

Powered by a 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine with 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission featuring Trail Control, Trail One-Pedal Drive* and Trail Turn Assist, the Bronco Riptide vehicle blends torque and performance that fits with its nature-inspired design.

“Thanks to the Bronco modular design, we were able to outfit the vehicle with adventure gear that allows for freedom and versatility,” said Coolsaet. “Whether heading off to the mountains or along the California coast, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle is ready for adventure.”

Bronco_Riptide Concept_08.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_06.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_04.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_03.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_02.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_01.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_05.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_07.jpg
Sponsored