Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey 6G,

We have another meetup to report from this weekend! Over 25 Members of the 4XMORE Offroad FB group met out in San Bernadino for a scenic run through the hills!

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ IMG_9658.JPG
Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ bronco - mormon rocks P1000021 (2)

We started off the day getting the trucks warmed up on lower Lytle Creek. It's a level 3 trail that is really a fire road with some erosion due to the rain. It offers spectacular views of the creek in the valley and is a pleasure to drive with the family. After a quick break we jumped on to Upper Lytle Creek and progressed towards Wrightwood. On this trail the rain had really made its imprint. With a few partial collapses on the trail we had to navigate some interesting spots adding a pucker factor to the drive.

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ IMG_9661.JPG

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ bronco - mormon rocks P1000045

With views of snowcapped mountains of Mount Baldy to our left, and majestic views of the Mormon Rocks Valley to our right, it was easy to forget the struggles we went through on the trail. As we descended the mountain on a shale rock shelf, we got reminded what these broncos were made for.

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ bronco - mormon rocks P1000124

Getting to the second staging point the time was getting a little late in the day, and some people wanted to start their way home. So we said a few goodbyes and made our way to the next trail.For those that stayed with the group they hit one of my favorite sections in these mountains. The Desert Front Trail crosses over the Baldy Mesa, and can handle a more aggressive pace than other trails. Its still a level 3-4 trail, but it offers exciting offshoots that allow you to test the full travel of your suspension.

As we finished the trail, we followed powerline road into the Mormon rocks area. Being careful to avoid the constant trains, we found a way to make it down into the wash for some fantastic photos!
Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ IMG_9680.JPG
Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ IMG_9687.JPG

I want to thank everyone who came out on the run. Great people, trails and attitudes make for a fantastic day. I appreciate everyone’s positive attitude on the trip, and forward to next month’s ride! We’ll be posting January and February shortly.

Cheers,

AJ

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ IMG_9666.JPG

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ bronco - mormon rocks P1000021 (1)
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked like a really good time...great shots...the lineup under the railroad bridge is especially impressive.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked like a really good time...great shots...the lineup under the railroad bridge is especially impressive.
I agree. Thanks for setting these runs up (y)
Look forward to being able to make one someday :cool:

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks, it’s a fun run because it has a little bit of everything And the photo spots are awesome.

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sad I missed this one. Looked like a ton of fun!

Looking forward to the next one!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how do I get updates on these runs Im in OC

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

did anyone do it with standard tires or did everyone have sasquatch level 35" tires?

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did anyone do it with standard tires or did everyone have sasquatch level 35" tires?
I think everyone was on 35+ except for someone’s friend that came in his Tacoma. In the first half, there was one hump on the trail that we had to help pull one Bronco over that didn’t have lockers. Outside of that it went pretty smooth.

I had to cut out before the group headed to Mormon Rocks and the rail but it was a great time. Think some people may have got some pinstripes on the trail though but it was a great time.

thanks again AJ

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that everyone was on 35+ tires. However, note the picture where we had to give one bronco a tug. That was an OBX with 35's, but no lockers, no sway bar disconnects, nada, as well as an inexperienced driver. That was the only "recovery" we had to do, and it was quick and simple.

Sponsored

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that everyone was on 35+ tires. However, note the picture where we had to give one bronco a tug. That was an OBX with 35's, but no lockers, no sway bar disconnects, nada, as well as an inexperienced driver. That was the only "recovery" we had to do, and it was quick and simple.
I need to become knowledgeable on the different trail levels. Do you think a Big Bend with rear locker and 33s should be good? I live nearby and would love to go out there.

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be fine. The only tough spot was a landslide caused by the rain and it was kind of loose.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey 6G,

We have another meetup to report from this weekend! Over 25 Members of the 4XMORE Offroad FB group met out in San Bernadino for a scenic run through the hills!

Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ 1669739667378
Ford Bronco πŸ”οΈ Mormon Rocks Run - Cajon Pass w/ 25+ Bronco Owners πŸ”οΈ 1669739667378

We started off the day getting the trucks warmed up on lower Lytle Creek. It's a level 3 trail that is really a fire road with some erosion due to the rain. It offers spectacular views of the creek in the valley and is a pleasure to drive with the family. After a quick break we jumped on to Upper Lytle Creek and progressed towards Wrightwood. On this trail the rain had really made its imprint. With a few partial collapses on the trail we had to navigate some interesting spots adding a pucker factor to the drive.

With views of snowcapped mountains of Mount Baldy to our left, and majestic views of the Mormon Rocks Valley to our right, it was easy to forget the struggles we went through on the trail. As we descended the mountain on a shale rock shelf, we got reminded what these broncos were made for.

Getting to the second staging point the time was getting a little late in the day, and some people wanted to start their way home. So we said a few goodbyes and made our way to the next trail.For those that stayed with the group they hit one of my favorite sections in these mountains. The Desert Front Trail crosses over the Baldy Mesa, and can handle a more aggressive pace than other trails. Its still a level 3-4 trail, but it offers exciting offshoots that allow you to test the full travel of your suspension.

As we finished the trail, we followed powerline road into the Mormon rocks area. Being careful to avoid the constant trains, we found a way to make it down into the wash for some fantastic photos!

I want to thank everyone who came out on the run. Great people, trails and attitudes make for a fantastic day. I appreciate everyone’s positive attitude on the trip, and forward to next month’s ride! We’ll be posting January and February shortly.

Cheers,

AJ

Great shots and looks like fun.
Sponsored