Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, that brings back memories. I used to go up Naches Pass with some guys from Enumclaw a lot back when I lived in WA. Jake, who used to lead a lot of those drives owns Gold Creek Station in Naches. He's a great guy and they have an excellent menu, so after crossing the pass, I highly recommend it.

Here's my JK from back then up at the cabin at Government Meadows. Jake's white 4 door is in the background.

Ford Bronco 🏞 Tricky Dick & 66GT on Naches Trail + Inland Bronco Meet at Moses Lake Dunes 7C6A4E19-F753-483C-93EC-CDB328FF0A6B_1_105_c
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was epic. Since it's centrally located for us, we'll have to plan another run knowing what we know now... (... well all that... and finding a route south from Moon Rocks to HWY 12 🙄).

Dude, I don't know how you kept up thru all those tight-ass sxs trails at night... in a manual. I was using the hell out of my TTA and clearing those trees by inches. Damn.
Missed you guys by a few days at Naches!

Question on TTA, I think mine is broken, was the inner wheel fully locking up when going through the sxs trails? I tried TTA several times (same type of trail as Naches Trail), inner wheel never locked up and I couldn't use, everything made the usual nasty TTA sounds, I know it used to lock up.

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed you guys by a few days at Naches!

Question on TTA, I think mine is broken, was the inner wheel fully locking up when going through the sxs trails? I tried TTA several times (same type of trail as Naches Trail), inner wheel never locked up and I couldn't use, everything made the usual nasty TTA sounds, I know it used to lock up.
The TTA worked like a champ.. even got used to trusting it when I had trees just inches in front of my bumper. Just watched the front move sideways to avoid. Laughed in delight every time we squeezed by in places we never had any business going. Got a lot of videos of that... I'll try to edit and post some. Never had to back up once on the sxs trail because it was too tight (bad decisions are another story.. lol).

Would have been even easier if I didn't have a big-ass winch in front of my front camera. This rig is just a big cheat code. Of course, being in a 2dr with a ridiculous turning radius to start with... was obviously the best of both worlds.

It almost seems stupid taking a $64k vehicle (BL SAS, lux, leather) out in this stuff... but on the other hand, it seems even more stupid to spend that cheddar on all those capabilities... and never get to appreciate how good they are.

I debated on a 7MT hard... but now I wouldn't trade TTA and drinking coffee effortlessly on my drive into work in my rock-crawling, über-trail-capable daily driver... it's just that good.

I think there's a sweet spot in speed to use TTA "precisely" (i.e., save your paint in stupid tight situations). I think it's between 1 and 3 mph... and does best on semi-loose soil or gravel... let it dig.. once it does, continue to feather it like you would putting a tire up on a rock. No need for brakes. At full turn with the inside wheel locked... just not necessary.

For full donut mode (TTA + skinny pedal)... start out slow... let the rear start to dig... and power into it just enough that your momentum doesn't pull you wider. Let the dust fly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a blast Tom. These things just eat up almost everything you're brave enough to throw at them. I don't think I even got any new scratches.
Tricky is my Bronco6g hero! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing the experience. Pics look great, rigs look great and man and machines all made it back in good shape.

Good Times! 🍻

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The TTA worked like a champ.. even got used to trusting it when I had trees just inches in front of my bumper. Just watched the front move sideways to avoid. Laughed in delight every time we squeezed by in places we never had any business going. Got a lot of videos of that... I'll try to edit and post some. Never had to back up once on the sxs trail because it was too tight (bad decisions are another story.. lol).

Would have been even easier if I didn't have a big-ass winch in front of my front camera. This rig is just a big cheat code. Of course, being in a 2dr with a ridiculous turning radius to start with... was obviously the best of both worlds.

It almost seems stupid taking a $64k vehicle (BL SAS, lux, leather) out in this stuff... but on the other hand, it seems even more stupid to spend that cheddar on all those capabilities... and never get to appreciate how good they are.

I debated on a 7MT hard... but now I wouldn't trade TTA and drinking coffee effortlessly on my drive into work in my rock-crawling, über-trail-capable daily driver... it's just that good.

I think there's a sweet spot in speed to use TTA "precisely" (i.e., save your paint in stupid tight situations). I think it's between 1 and 3 mph... and does best on semi-loose soil or gravel... let it dig.. once it does, continue to feather it like you would putting a tire up on a rock. No need for brakes. At full turn with the inside wheel locked... just not necessary.

For full donut mode (TTA + skinny pedal)... start out slow... let the rear start to dig... and power into it just enough that your momentum doesn't pull you wider. Let the dust fly.

Hope this helps.
Ok. Added a video of the TTA in action.

Thread '🌲TTA awesomeness // Night driving on SXS trail' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🌲tta-awesomeness-night-driving-on-sxs-trail.49325/

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope to meet up with yall soon! Still waiting on mine, but Moses Whole is just up the road an hour n half so will love to go.
Sponsored