Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for anyone who has installed these on a Bronco (with steel bumper):

Did you have to remove the wheels to install these mud flaps? I suspect the front might be ok without but it shows that you need to drill into the steel bumper on the back pair. Curious if this can be done without removing the wheels? If it can be, any helpful tips?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody have a pic of the gator backs with the Bronco lettering or the horse plate removed? I like the front flaps but don’t like the nameplates.
as far as I know Gatorback will start selling these direct w/o the logos in January or so, most likely for a somewhat more reasonable price. Still a bit pricy I'd expect, hoping that rock blox (or how they spell it) will have some soon for a more down to earth price.

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
as far as I know Gatorback will start selling these direct w/o the logos in January or so, most likely for a somewhat more reasonable price. Still a bit pricy I'd expect, hoping that rock blox (or how they spell it) will have some soon for a more down to earth price.
I saw I might be able to find blank plates elsewhere but I was talking about these: https://www.truckhardware.ca/products/1133

They still have the bronco horse on them, they are just blacked out

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone seen the blacked out version of these available in the U.S. yet? Came across this link for Canada

https://www.truckhardware.ca
Those look awesome. Piss me off I bought them already, or I would have opted for these.

Thankfully I should be able to swap out the flap piece for these, if the price is reasonable (which it won't be, lol).

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those look awesome. Piss me off I bought them already, or I would have opted for these.

Thankfully I should be able to swap out the flap piece for these, if the price is reasonable (which it won't be, lol).
Haha well the difference in price on their site for the blank plates vs the logo plates is a couple hundred bucks so you're probably right. I do like the blacked out look better as well.

I sent an email to see about shipping to the U.S. If I'm doing the exchange rate right the price is similar to what I've seen for a set of the flaps on discount Ford parts sites.

Bermuda77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP thanks for sharing!

Anyone taken these off for wheeling yet? I’m curious how far they hang down. I’m watching this thread as well as I’m frustrated by the lack of options and price. I’m also going to be swapping out the rear bumper with a steel bumper, so it might make sense to look for something else. Most aftermarket off-road bumpers for rear have 1-1/2” tube for removable flaps. On our Jeep the teraflex bumper has these. I’m curious if anyone will be coming out with an option to use the crash bar pocket behind the front wheel. That would be sweet.

acmepa

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I reached out to Truck Hardware who makes Gatorback in Canada. They told me this plate with the all black bucking bronco is new and an option to purchase y itself. They directed me to their US retailer Sharp Truck. Sharp Truck was listing the product this AM and is up on their site under the Ford replacement plates section. Going to run you $64 per plate...about $130 if you are replacing both front plates for instance.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to remove the wheels to install these mud flaps? I suspect the front might be ok without but it shows that you need to drill into the steel bumper on the back pair. Curious if this can be done without removing the wheels? If it can be, any helpful tips?

Thanks!
So, nobody has installed these mud flaps...? :unsure:

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure this has been covered but I don’t want to read through 9 pages to find out. Will the gator backs work with the factory running boards and Sasquatch?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thanks!
No you don't have to. It helps to have a shorty Phillips head on the front to get the plastic trim retainers out
Sponsored