Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve lucked out greatly with getting my ‘22 Bronco 4DR BD 2.3 in April and now have ‘23 Lighting Pro scheduled for end of month. I’ve made my case, but my wife won’t be swayed to part with our 3-row vehicle (family of 5 plus need space for carpool kid/s). I’m left having to choose between the two for which vehicle I’ll keep.

Bronco is incredibly fun and I can’t imagine parting with it so soon, but I also can’t imagine passing on the value Lightning given I’ll likely never have an opportunity to buy a relatively affordable EV truck again.

What choice would you make?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, I take the train to work, so Lightning as daily driver isn’t a consideration for me.

Shoutout to those who gave feedback on f150lightningforum sister site!

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve lucked out greatly with getting my ‘22 Bronco 4DR BD 2.3 in April and now have ‘23 Lighting Pro scheduled for end of month. I’ve made my case, but my wife won’t be swayed to part with our 3-row vehicle (family of 5 plus need space for carpool kid/s). I’m left having to choose between the two for which vehicle I’ll keep.

Bronco is incredibly fun and I can’t imagine parting with it so soon, but I also can’t imagine passing on the value Lightning given I’ll likely never have an opportunity to buy a relatively affordable EV truck again.

What choice would you make?
Looking back years from now you’ll never wish you got the Lightning…

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Which one can you not buy in 10 years, a gas powered Bronco or an electric pickup truck?

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd take the Bronco for the versatility and range of environments you can use it in, as well as for the other reasons listed above

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which one can you not buy in 10 years, a gas powered Bronco or an electric pickup truck?
Regardless of what politicians say gas and diesel is not going anywhere. I do know which one won't need a 10,000 dollar battery in the future. I say keep your Bronco.

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, you guys are good. Great points! 🤔

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Bronco and Lightning (day one, first 30 second reservation holder) on order too, but decided to cancel the Lightning.

In my case, I don’t need a pick-up truck at all. I knew I’d be happier with the Bronco overall and it was a “cooler” vehicle. I also felt my time to own a fully gas powered vehicle was dwindling - I’m not opposed to hybrid or EV, and likely my next vehicle will be an EV.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently own both a 2 door Bronco Badlands and a 2022 Lightning Pro. The Lightning Pro is awesome, very quiet and confident on the road. Mine is getting sold due to the ridiculous price of electricity where I live (now 37.7 cents per kWh). I bought it to keep for the long term as my work truck, but it just didn’t pencil out after 1000 miles. I think the electricity in NJ is more like 18 cents per kWh, so the Lightning should save money on fuel, but range is limited. I’m keeping my Bronco because it’s a fun vehicle for me, I still have a work truck from my employer. I took the Bronco on a week long trip to NH for Offrodeo and then to northern VT. I put about 1000 miles on the Bronco and really enjoyed it.

If you are price protected for the 2023 Lightning Pro you should certainly buy, drive for a month, then sell. Don’t give the dealer the opportunity to get the ADM. If you aren’t price protected I’d walk.

Ford Bronco 🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning? 29EE5AB2-6B5C-4C3D-A048-D13B67AD7DFD

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lightning price is value? Lol……not even a “relative value”…. I wouldnt even consider it. cant tow at all. Unless you are towing 50 miles. No mileage at all towing. Worry about charging on long trips. Headache if you ask me. Electricity is expensive too. Yrs to maybe break even vs gas.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It'd consider an F150 once they move on from their 20 year old design.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently own both a 2 door Bronco Badlands and a 2022 Lightning Pro. The Lightning Pro is awesome, very quiet and confident on the road. Mine is getting sold due to the ridiculous price of electricity where I live (now 37.7 cents per kWh). I bought it to keep for the long term as my work truck, but it just didn’t pencil out after 1000 miles. I think the electricity in NJ is more like 18 cents per kWh, so the Lightning should save money on fuel, but range is limited. I’m keeping my Bronco because it’s a fun vehicle for me, I still have a work truck from my employer. I took the Bronco on a week long trip to NH for Offrodeo and then to northern VT. I put about 1000 miles on the Bronco and really enjoyed it.

If you are price protected for the 2023 Lightning Pro you should certainly buy, drive for a month, then sell. Don’t give the dealer the opportunity to get the ADM. If you aren’t price protected I’d walk.

Ford Bronco 🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning? 29EE5AB2-6B5C-4C3D-A048-D13B67AD7DFD
I have a 4Dr BL 2.3 7MT. I am a Day 2 (first 18 hrs) Lighting reservation holder. I agree 100% with @BroncoAZ - if you are price protected buy it and then sell it (if you want the Bronco). If you are not then it becomes more complicated. I wouldn’t buy the Lighting unless I knew it was the vehicle I was going to keep.
I don’t know why I haven’t canceled my Lighting reservation. I am not price protected, haven’t heard from my dealer in over a year, have no idea when I will be able to order, and really just want the Pro trim that is no longer available. I thought the Bronco rollout was bad but the Lighting is worse.
Sponsored