First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco, it wont spontaneously combust and toast you and the family alive like the EV will
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife has a crew cab F-150.

I hate it. It's gigantic, hard to park, and has the least comfortable seats of any vehicle we have ever owned. She loves the damn thing.

An electric can make sense if you:

1 - have a reasonably long commute.
2 - have a place to charge it.
3 - have a time of use plan with cheap night-time electricity

For the Lightning, that probably means running a trench and installing a 240 VAC outlet outside somewhere. Unless you have an extra deep garage, there is no way you are getting that monstrosity of a truck inside.

Since you take a train to work, I don't see a great use case for the Lighting, and resale on them is HUGE. To me, buying the Lightning and flipping it in a month or two would be an obvious decision.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you have to ask this question the only answer is lightning.

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 4Dr BL 2.3 7MT. I am a Day 2 (first 18 hrs) Lighting reservation holder. I agree 100% with @BroncoAZ - if you are price protected buy it and then sell it (if you want the Bronco). If you are not then it becomes more complicated. I wouldn’t buy the Lighting unless I knew it was the vehicle I was going to keep.
I don’t know why I haven’t canceled my Lighting reservation. I am not price protected, haven’t heard from my dealer in over a year, have no idea when I will be able to order, and really just want the Pro trim that is no longer available. I thought the Bronco rollout was bad but the Lighting is worse.
Yea, I’m supposedly price protected but we’ll see if the dealer asks for their vig. I think the one thing I want to do given how the dealers have effed too many of us bronco buyers is buy the Lightning, and put the bronco at my folks house for a couple months to try out the EV. Decision got to be Bronco as @F OR D elegantly stated, and hoping by that point dad or brother will want it and I can sell to them (not looking to be a flipper, so would sell to them for my break even).

anybody know a body shop that wants to graft a Expedition body onto a Lightning frame? That would solve all my problems. Bye bye Honda Pilot! 😂

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has a crew cab F-150.

I hate it. It's gigantic, hard to park, and has the least comfortable seats of any vehicle we have ever owned. She loves the damn thing.

An electric can make sense if you:

1 - have a reasonably long commute.
2 - have a place to charge it.
3 - have a time of use plan with cheap night-time electricity

For the Lightning, that probably means running a trench and installing a 240 VAC outlet outside somewhere. Unless you have an extra deep garage, there is no way you are getting that monstrosity of a truck inside.

Since you take a train to work, I don't see a great use case for the Lighting, and resale on them is HUGE. To me, buying the Lightning and flipping it in a month or two would be an obvious decision.
Can you flip the Lighting in a couple of months? There are stories out there that Ford has you sign papers that you will not sell it for 1 year. I don't know - never heard anything definite. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can you flip the Lighting in a couple of months? There are stories out there that Ford has you sign papers that you will not sell it for 1 year. I don't know - never heard anything definite. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ford said they would support dealers who added a restriction on sale provisions to the sales agreement. It is not a Ford requirement.

I have hung out the the Lightning Forum for about two years. I only heard of one or two dealers adding the sales restriction to their agreements.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AS A DAY ONE RESERVATION HOLDER ON BOTH BRONCO AND LIGHTNING, I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY FIRST BRONCO LET ALONE THE LIGHTNING.

I WOULD SELL BOTH AND MAKE A LOT OF MONEY. THEN GET SOMETHING MORE RELIABLE LIKE A 1976 FJ40

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally saw a Lightning last night while I was out and wasn't impressed. Didn't even know it was one until it started moving and I didn't hear an engine. I guarantee that thing doesn't get any attention on the road, its just another vehicle for the masses. Bronco gets looks every day and every where I go, people can't help but look at it.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finally saw a Lightning last night while I was out and wasn't impressed. Didn't even know it was one until it started moving and I didn't hear an engine. I guarantee that thing doesn't get any attention on the road, its just another vehicle for the masses. Bronco gets looks every day and every where I go, people can't help but look at it.
You are right, the Bronco looks a lot closer to a Jeep than most others.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a Braptor, wish me luck