Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll have to try tomorrow. The spring is pretty stout though (visible just to the left of the highlighted piece). I think one would need to employ some kind of mechanical advantage to actuate the mechanism but I’m sure it’s possible with the right design.
Shoot, I was hoping for something simple like cutting a hole in the plastic vent then attach some sort of extender to that latch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shoot, I was hoping for something simple like cutting a hole in the plastic vent then attach some sort of extender to that latch.
Yeah me too…
The part of the mechanism that rotates towards the inside of the vehicle is covered by an enclosure. It may be possible to drill a hole in that enclosure to access a part of the mechanism that rotates towards the inside and attach a cable, etc. I’m not feeling “adventurous” enough at this point to open that enclosure up but maybe someone else is.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great! I think some similar, but definitely inferior, so that I can sleep under the stars on my road trips.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is messy but has the main measurements I was taking to rough a design similar to this. I need time from work & sick toddler to make more headway but are there any more “official” dimensions out there available?

8DE5FC5B-A177-4C05-9141-B2C5A821B1D3.jpeg

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great great job. I love custom solutions to individual needs. where there is a will there is a way. awesome!!!

Sponsored

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the details and the share. Looks well done. Can hardly wait once mine arrives

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to have these on my car as shades and I think they would work well for camping. There are lots of types so you'd have to hunt for the best size.
2Pcs Car Window Shade for Baby Universal Fit Adjustable Shade Breathable Mesh Car Curtains Window Net Car Rear Door Outdoor Camping Netting (XL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C23GC63/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_3QMJ4F0ZJK95J91YJDCR
Have you tried these on Bronco windows? Those look cool. I made my own with magnet strips but those seem solid. If they fit I'll grab a set.

stellandter

Black Diamond
First Name
Stella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mits outlander, Chrysler Pacifica, 67 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried these on Bronco windows? Those look cool. I made my own with magnet strips but those seem solid. If they fit I'll grab a set.
No, someone pointed out further down they won't work with a frameless window. Which I forgot the Bronco has. I was wondering about magnets too but idk if the top edge would be magnetic? We don't have our bronco yet.

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, someone pointed out further down they won't work with a frameless window. Which I forgot the Bronco has. I was wondering about magnets too but idk if the top edge would be magnetic? We don't have our bronco yet.

That's funny I just thought of the frameless aspect a few minutes ago too. Will be easy to rig up something. I'll just modify what I have or make something new.

Same. Just figuring out mods for my imaginary Bronco. Hopefully mid March!

sweet69

Badlands
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2022 Badlands Squatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic! Definitely saving this post for future reference. Thanks for sharing all of the details, drawings and photos.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Goose can sell sub par plywood with a special coating for 1000 bucks to delete the rear seats on a 2 door. Then there is no reason why you can’t do this.

You already have an instruction manual and parts. So you are way ahead of Goose. :)

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is messy but has the main measurements I was taking to rough a design similar to this. I need time from work & sick toddler to make more headway but are there any more “official” dimensions out there available?

Ford Bronco đź’¤ Sleeping deck build in 4-door Bronco with photos, plans, and recommendations for a mattress and bedding setup. 8DE5FC5B-A177-4C05-9141-B2C5A821B1D3
Sorry to hear about your sick kid. I know how it is- trying to find time for projects like this can be difficult with a young family and I'm a bit surprised I was able to get it done myself! Looks like you started going through a similar process to what I did. I thought it was important to get my own measurements and not rely on what the measurements are "supposed" to be. Creating a cardboard template was very helpful after you get the basic measurements before beginning to cut on a $50(!) sheet of plywood.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to sleep in the back of my bronco last week, wife and I went camping with 2 big dogs. But as we put up the tent, a howling wind started, 50 knots, and started collapsing the tent. I gave up on that and put all the stuff into the tent to weigh it down, and all 4 of us slept in the back of the Bronco. Worked ok, we put layers of extra sleeping pads in the lower "stepped" area.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to sleep in the back of my bronco last week, wife and I went camping with 2 big dogs. But as we put up the tent, a howling wind started, 50 knots, and started collapsing the tent. I gave up on that and put all the stuff into the tent to weigh it down, and all 4 of us slept in the back of the Bronco. Worked ok, we put layers of extra sleeping pads in the lower "stepped" area.
It’s surprising how much room is actually back there.

Fulano

Big Bend
First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s surprising how much room is actually back there.
Agreed. Sleeping by my lonesome there is sort of luxurious. Kind of nice to have all that space. And the 360 window view in the morning is pretty nice too.
Sponsored