First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends how one defines the $15.9 billion federal loan Ford accepted in Q1 2009.
That was a loan, just like any of us would take a loan. They had the collateral. GM and Chrysler didn't have collateral and went bankrupt! My cousin lost all the money he had in GM stock.
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am putting it out there and calling BS on FORD. When they purge our early, unfulfilled orders they will reopen the order banks, price will be raised, and you will be able to order AND GET your truck. It will be a mid-MY price increase and production will flow. Mark my words. IF you choose to do nothing and leave your order as is, FORD will simply not build it and you will lose. We know this because it's what they've done from the start.

What Ford is doing is shameful. Many people still waiting since July 13, 14 and 15 2020. Ford could have built those orders buy now, instead of dealer orders. Now some one waiting for a 2 door, can not get it.

I believe your right middle of summer you will see two door hard tops on lots. They just won't be tied to a reservation. Same thing with SAS and Wildtrak.
Had the same idea. My nearly exact build is on a lot 50 miles from my house. Yet they couldn't build mine after 917 days. It's all BS. Do not believe FORD. This is war. They want us gone. We served our purpose to hype their truck.
Yep. Really a bad way to treat die hard Bronco fans. I know if I was still waiting on my reservation, I would be ordering from somebody other than Ford. I would not cancel my reservation though, high even change it to something I don't want. Cause I would never buy it when it came in.

This is the worst shit show of any new vehicle launch I have ever seen.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can a company as large as Ford have such a "fly by the seat of their pants" plan for the Bronco? We all get constraints, but it seems like every plan they come out with is a best case scenario, which never happens, so they continuously have to come up with more plans. I guess the new guy steering the ship doesn't quite have his arms around this yet.

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what one of the absolute points of comedy about this is. There is now no way to get a heated steering wheel. I know it may not mean much to many but we spend a lot of time in VT where it can get really, really cold. Imagine a 50+k car/truck where you cannot get a freaking heated steering wheel.

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't worry about it, if you don't change you won't be getting a 2023 Bronco and you probably won't get a 2024 either without changing dealers.

The MY 2023 Transition Offer is the $2500, which is in addition to any other price protection you may or may not have had.
can we change dealers though?

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if this has anything to do with the supposed 2024 refresh, where Ford is understocked for parts which won't carry over to the new model. Sasquatch sounds like it's a tire supply issue, but the roof and lux package might be indicative of a modified hardtop design or new interior.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haven't read the whole thread. But was it touched on as to what the reasoning was for leaving the Black Diamond off as a choice for Wildtrak customers to switch to.

HBirdman

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 G550, 20 Panamera, 20 r9T, 22 KarenSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suspect it does apply to the two door.

In the past, Ford "suggested" customers change orders to 4-door soft top non-Sas, because Ford was able to more easily produce those. This new scheme is the same thing, basically a stronger suggestion, with $2500 incentive, along with threat of no Bronco and maybe losing any price protections.

I suspect this new scheme is just Ford pushing same old changes as before - buy a 4-door soft top non-Sas, or else ...
From what others have suggested, 2D orders likely exceed production capability (I think they were using earlier demand numbers since we didn’t see a 2D demand number in the T&C video).

If that’s true then Ford would still encourage people to switch from 2D to 4D soft to balance 2D demand and production capacity.

But some here have been asking whether this announcement means no 2D production at all, which is not the case. It looks like they can only produce 2/3 of current 2D orders for MY23. So if you’re sitting on a 2D order you have a 1 in 3 chance of not getting it this year.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't read the whole thread. But was it touched on as to what the reasoning was for leaving the Black Diamond off as a choice for Wildtrak customers to switch to.
It hasn't been mentioned why. There isn't any component that is unique to the BD (other than the seating) that can't be had on the Badlands. The Base was also omitted so maybe there is a grill shortage? <-- I say that in jest, but it wouldn't surprise me if the MY'24 refresh changes some attribute of grill styles causing the current supply to be limited.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if this has anything to do with the supposed 2024 refresh, where Ford is understocked for parts which won't carry over to the new model. Sasquatch sounds like it's a tire supply issue, but the roof and lux package might be indicative of a modified hardtop design or new interior.
You might be overthinking it a bit regarding Lux.

Physical changes to the interior for Lux are the stereo, USB ports, garage door opener, and wireless charger. The garage door opener is exactly the same as the one in my Mustang. USB port module looks the same as the Escapes I drive at work. This just leaves the stereo and wireless charger.

It's more likely that Lux is in shortage because of the adaptive cruise sensor. Jeep has had the Advanced Safety package on the Wrangler come in and out of orderable status a couple times over the past few months.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can a company as large as Ford have such a "fly by the seat of their pants" plan for the Bronco? We all get constraints, but it seems like every plan they come out with is a best case scenario, which never happens, so they continuously have to come up with more plans. I guess the new guy steering the ship doesn't quite have his arms around this yet.
But they do know what they are doing. They absolutely do. This was the plan all along. Yes, there are probably constraints to a degree but do not think for a minute they can't build Wildtracks and SAS. They are everywhere on dealer lots. How odd.

Their plan: Purge all the early reservations which I'm guessing are leaning in the "nicely appointed" categories of builds/trims. We were the hype machine. We like the truck and wanted all the trimmings.

Then re-open the order banks fresh and restart production making dealer stock and return back to normal. Normal being making dealer stock so that they can continue to upcharge with ADMs. Folks, FORD has made nearly 200K Broncos. They are selling at ridiculous prices and it is working for them. They want us out of the way.

The mid-MY price increase will hurt people's feelings once they are rid of the early rez holders. But you will see all trims available widely by summer and going into the fall. The builds we want will be pushing $60-70K before ADM.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

.....This is the worst shit show of any new vehicle launch I have ever seen.

But it is fun to watch. I reserved in July 2020, reserved another in October 2020. 2dr MIC Sas. Cancelled one reservation. Switched dealers twice. I think I've placed orders 2 or 3 times, I'm not sure. Have had more than 70 emails with dealers. Provided copies of drivers license and insurance to dealer several times. I think I still may be on a list to get a Bronco at some point.

But I really don't care anymore. Bought a Jeep in June 2021 when it became obvious that the Bronco wait could be a long one. The Bronco may get here some day. But I don't know if I'll be the buyer.

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been trying to keep up with all the thread conversations over the weekend. One thing I believe I have read is that this is only going to impact those that haven't had their orders scheduled yet. Is there a way to modify an order that is scheduled? Let's say someone has the Lux package, but wanted to switch down to high. Could they do that? So I apologize if I missed this and it's been covered.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered a Wildtrack/ Lux Package, tow hitch, dual tops 10/15/2020 and I’m not changing…. I’ll just wait them out and buy a Jeep in the mean time.
Sponsored