Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if Ford wants me to downgrade the order that I haven't changed for almost 2 years they should give me PP and the 2500. If they don't, I am out and done with Ford. With interest rates rising it may be for the best. This has been a miserable experience, I was really excited about the Bronco, now I get mad everytime I see one. F Ford.
Here’s a video to use for those of us that give up after getting the official news. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

scranch18121

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 runner/ F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was last year. For 23 you can change anything you want, except to a Raptor or Heritage Limited.

Once the mid-year price increases go into effect, than you would forfeit the mid-year retail price protection by changing.
If you were an early reservation with a 21 order that was converted to a 22 you had PP but cannot change your order. Converting to a 23 to keep the PP for an early reservation holder … could not change your order but could drop items that were causing a delay. (roof rack, tow,) Those PP rules were you could not change your trim, doors, packages. If you want to make sure you are not screwed by changing and losing PP ASK. GET IT IN BLACK AND WHITE ON PAPER BEFORE YOU CHANGE SQUAT. Time and time again was told you cannot change your order of the big stuff (2 door, 4 door, equipment packages, type of bronco etc.). Don't take my word, don't take the word of others on this forum, don't take the word of the 'salesman' ... get it in writing from the GM or the Sales Manager of what you have been promised by Ford thru all the communication from them and what your PP 'is'! then add the 2500 and you will have an 'educated' decision to make. Keep in mind that those people that changed to Raptor lost PP. Those that think they converted to a Heritage lost their PP. Get educated. Get it in writing... if you can.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were an early reservation with a 21 order that was converted to a 22 you had PP but cannot change your order. Converting to a 23 to keep the PP for an early reservation holder … could not change your order but could drop items that were causing a delay. (roof rack, tow,) Those PP rules were you could not change your trim, doors, packages. If you want to make sure you are not screwed by changing and losing PP ASK. GET IT IN BLACK AND WHITE ON PAPER BEFORE YOU CHANGE SQUAT. Time and time again was told you cannot change your order of the big stuff (2 door, 4 door, equipment packages, type of bronco etc.). Don't take my word, don't take the word of others on this forum, don't take the word of the 'salesman' ... get it in writing from the GM or the Sales Manager of what you have been promised by Ford thru all the communication from them and what your PP 'is'! then add the 2500 and you will have an 'educated' decision to make. Keep in mind that those people that changed to Raptor lost PP. Those that think they converted to a Heritage lost their PP. Get educated. Get it in writing... if you can.
Untrue. Read the FAQs on the Ford website. At the 23 MY reorder, you could change anything you wanted to. Doors, models, didn’t matter. Facts directly from Ford posted countless times on here.

2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer amounts are based on what was reserved or ordered prior to the MY changeover. Changes to orders after September 9, 2022 will not impact 2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer amounts.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...el-year-bronco-transition-private-offer-faqs/

Last edited:

Djaws9

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like to me if you want a Bronco, choice #1 is the only choice you have... unless you wait a few years. Translations: They are not going to produce Wildtraks. They are not going to produce MIC's. They are not going to produce SAS packages. LUX 'outa luck'. Choice #4... you walk away from your order. Choice #3... Ford WILL walk away from you. Choice #2... Walk away from your Bronco and get $2500 off something else. The heritage lines I'd bet will not be done until this mess gets fixed so if you are holding out for one you will be in a different sinking boat in a few months.
This, 100% this. My takeaway as well except they’ll get those heritage and raptors out. Money and image

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you get 11% below invoice by walking the lot??

11% below invoice doesnt sound right. Please do tell.

The last car i bought below invoice was in 2018/19 market. Invoice is below MSRP...no way on a Bronco in 2023.
You were fast, I changed the mistake within one minute of posting! Mine was over 11% below MSRP, $59,765 MSRP I paid 53,037.80 + fees totaling $225 = $53,262.80 and never said I got it by "walking the lot". The exact deal was $1300 below invoice, PP, and 220,000 ($1100 worth) in points. If one wanted to count the points it is closer to 13%.

Last new vehicle I bought myself was a '18 F350 platinum, paid 11% below MSRP for that one too, by some strange coincidence. I could have gotten it for a $1k cheaper but would of had to travel to a larger market to get it, not worth it at the time. In 2020 the difference between "we don't know what we are going to charge you" and $1300 below invoice was over $3k, plenty to travel for. The extraordinary part is that when the Bronco was delivered I was/am working 2 hours down hwy80 from the dealer I choose back in 2020, 1,000 miles from my home.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, but as you point out, just hearsay. I’m going to link a document below that should pretty well debunk this.

I think the disconnect between us is that I’m looking at this as someone who has advised on the purchase and sale of numerous dealers and advised on other dealer issues. So I’m going off what I know (factually) are the agreements and laws at play here.

The big three have their standard dealer agreement available online; Ford’s is here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1019849/000095012402000556/k66280ex10-2_13.txt

You’re right that allocations have always been a thing at Ford “…to allocate fairly any product in short supply…”.

I mentioned earlier that some manufacturers prohibit sales outside of the dealer’s territory but Ford does not, “…the Dealer shall not be limited to the DEALER'S LOCALITY in making sales.”

But (and there’s always a but), “During any period of shortage of any VEHICLE, the Company shall be entitled to give priority to accepted orders for such VEHICLES for resale to users residing within the DEALER'S LOCALITY of the ordering dealer.”

That last bit is important for dealers that tried to do massive Bronco volume through Internet sales. Using Granger as an example, unless they have a different-from-standard dealership agreement, Ford can take every Granger order from outside of Granger’s “Dealer’s Locality” and shove it to the bottom of the list regardless of reservation time stamp. All dealers with a standard dealership agreement knew this, it’s in their contract.

This wasn’t a secret. A number of dealers have reservation FAQ pages that have identical text (either from Ford or the dealers all copied each other). Here’s an example: https://www.morristownford.net/2021-bronco-reservation.html. All these FAQs have language like this:

“Residency” is included as a factor because of the dealership locality preference.

There wasn’t some kind of rug pull that happened and the Bronco wasn’t somehow magically exempted from the standard dealership agreements.

For people saying Ford should do a better job communicating, state dealer-franchise laws are crazy strong and really limit what a manufacturer can communicate to a dealer’s customer. You’re the dealer’s customer, not Ford’s (the dealer is Ford’s customer).

Also, don’t expect that part of tomorrow’s announcement will be Ford prohibiting ADM; that’s illegal. Best Ford can do is what they did with the Lightning by pressuring dealers with the claim ADM hurts Ford’s brand.

I’m not trying to start an internet war and I have better things to do than writing this post. But I really hate to see people get screwed and it kinda looks like a lot of people were not given all the important information when they ordered.
This is helpful for those of us not in the know.
Thank you, Harvey Birdman.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was never planning to take my Bronco doors off. Looks dumb and I have no interest so super narrow argument against anything that competes with a Bronco. Just don’t be sad when the Bronco seems like yesterday’s doughnuts after the new Land Cruiser, 4 Runner and GX launch.
let me explain my position better against the “competition”…haha

4Runner and the GX that’s based on it…ROFlmAO

Ford Bronco đź’° Official: $2500 Order Modification Offer to Wildtrak Customers (switch trims) and Non-Wildtrak Customers (modify order to remove constraints) DE370C06-A01A-4765-974B-8754CC5AED59

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You’re right that allocations have always been a thing at Ford “…to allocate fairly any product in short supply…”.

.....Ford can take every Granger order from outside of Granger’s “Dealer’s Locality” and shove it to the bottom of the list regardless of reservation time stamp.....
You present a strong case, bringing evidence always adds weight to ones argument. OK, lets say all the facts are how you present them. Would you say Ford did not see any "short supply" at the early stage i.e. release date and subsequent reservations, and that is why they let dealers take an excess of orders from outside of their locality?

Just because there is a clause in a contract does not mean it has to be enforced by the party who benefits. Even now the forum has not heard of build selection having the factor of locality in the equation. To us, the consumer, it appears Ford said "they will be built in the order of reservation" and the dealer allocation was only enforced later in the game. Anyone can see the priority of the customer owning the reservation and the paperwork being filled out by the dealer of their choice is in direct opposition to the dealer owning the allocations. Are you saying Ford execs were not intelligent enough to recognize this?

The impression that was presented to us for many months was we own the reservation and can let any dealer we choose make the transaction. When I called Ford to change my reservation they knew my address and the dealership I changed to was over a 1,000 miles away. The person helping me was happy to do it.

If you know anything about contract law you know that history of actual transactions can and most times do outweigh the wording of the actual contract. The answer to the legal question is "it depends", if Ford wanted to make the life of a dealer hard both sides would have a strong case. The dealers were doing business as it was usually conducted.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When and where is the announcement from FMC tomorrow (Tuesday 17, 2023)about the new ordering guidelines on future Bronco orders?
Decent chance they are only briefing dealers tomorrow, and anything we find out will be leaked from them. Ford likes to dump bad news to the rest of us late Friday afternoon to have the least impact on the automotive and financial press.

Although if the deadline of Jan 21 for changing order is accurate (which would be a ridiculously short period for dealers to process changes to hundreds of orders -- not to say it's beyond Ford), they have to tell us ASAP.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decent chance they are only briefing dealers tomorrow, and anything we find out will be leaked from them. Ford likes to dump bad news to the rest of us late Friday afternoon to have the least impact on the automotive and financial press.

Although if the deadline of Jan 21 for changing order is accurate (which would be a ridiculously short period for dealers to process changes to hundreds of orders -- not to say it's beyond Ford), they have to tell us ASAP.
Best advice is to watch Tim's Livestream tomorrow night. You can ask questions too although may get pretty busy tomorrow. He's always been a straight shooter.

Join us on the livestream every Tuesday night at 7pm Central Time here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/LongMcArthurSalina

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, this thread has 38 pages in just over a day.

I am very sorry for WT reservation holders, you folks are getting bent over the table with no lubrication.

I am glad that my dealer helped guide me on the "sins" I needed to remove to get my BL last year. It is mind-boggling to me that Ford, the inventor of the modern supply chain, can't get this figured out.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just posted on Bronco Nation's forums by DDM4. The constrained items that must ALL be removed are MIC Top, Lux Package and Sasquatch Package (in order for non-Wildtrak customers to receive $2500 and risk not being produced in 2023MY).

Ford Bronco đź’° Official: $2500 Order Modification Offer to Wildtrak Customers (switch trims) and Non-Wildtrak Customers (modify order to remove constraints) DE370C06-A01A-4765-974B-8754CC5AED59
Ford will give you $2500 as a special offer, but just imagine what the ADM is going to be when your Bronco comes in with these kinds of constrains.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, but as you point out, just hearsay. I’m going to link a document below that should pretty well debunk this.

I think the disconnect between us is that I’m looking at this as someone who has advised on the purchase and sale of numerous dealers and advised on other dealer issues. So I’m going off what I know (factually) are the agreements and laws at play here.

The big three have their standard dealer agreement available online; Ford’s is here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1019849/000095012402000556/k66280ex10-2_13.txt

I mentioned earlier that some manufacturers prohibit sales outside of the dealer’s territory but Ford does not, “…the Dealer shall not be limited to the DEALER'S LOCALITY in making sales.”

But (and there’s always a but), “During any period of shortage of any VEHICLE, the Company shall be entitled to give priority to accepted orders for such VEHICLES for resale to users residing within the DEALER'S LOCALITY of the ordering dealer.”

That last bit is important for dealers that tried to do massive Bronco volume through Internet sales. Using Granger as an example, unless they have a different-from-standard dealership agreement, Ford can take every Granger order from outside of Granger’s “Dealer’s Locality” and shove it to the bottom of the list regardless of reservation time stamp. All dealers with a standard dealership agreement knew this, it’s in their contract.

This wasn’t a secret. A number of dealers have reservation FAQ pages that have identical text (either from Ford or the dealers all copied each other). Here’s an example: https://www.morristownford.net/2021-bronco-reservation.html. All these FAQs have language like this:

“Residency” is included as a factor because of the dealership locality preference.

There wasn’t some kind of rug pull that happened and the Bronco wasn’t somehow magically exempted from the standard dealership agreements.

For people saying Ford should do a better job communicating, state dealer-franchise laws are crazy strong and really limit what a manufacturer can communicate to a dealer’s customer. You’re the dealer’s customer, not Ford’s (the dealer is Ford’s customer).

Also, don’t expect that part of tomorrow’s announcement will be Ford prohibiting ADM; that’s illegal. Best Ford can do is what they did with the Lightning by pressuring dealers with the claim ADM hurts Ford’s brand.

I’m not trying to start an internet war and I have better things to do than writing this post. But I really hate to see people get screwed and it kinda looks like a lot of people were not given all the important information when they ordered.
Thanks for the information very helpful đź‘Ť

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trucks are totally different animal though. Been their bread and butter 50 years. Super Duties are still a LONG wait. There was one at my dealer being delivered last time I was in for service and customer had been waiting 2 years.
Buddy of mine at work got his F150 in 4 months at Christmas in 22. He kinda pokes at me for waiting nearly 2.5 years.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The parts availability wouldn't be a problem had Ford had built the reservations & orders since 2020, but they had to introduce all the new model trims Heritage & Everglades with Sasquatch that takes all those parts away from the current trims that were ordered.
Im sure that the profit margins as well as no price protection on those new trims help Ford decide who will get those parts. Ford should never have brought the new trims until they could fill remaining orders.
How did it take away the parts? I was originally a squatch BD 2 door now I'm an HE which is based on the BB. This is like saying all the WTs made this happen because squatch was standard and they shouldn't have added hoss 3.0 until they could build all the previous orders.
Sponsored