Vizsla23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You were fast, I changed the mistake within one minute of posting! Mine was over 11% below MSRP, $59,765 MSRP I paid 53,037.80 + fees totaling $225 = $53,262.80 and never said I got it by "walking the lot". The exact deal was $1300 below invoice, PP, and 220,000 ($1100 worth) in points. If one wanted to count the points it is closer to 13%.

Last new vehicle I bought myself was a '18 F350 platinum, paid 11% below MSRP for that one too, by some strange coincidence. I could have gotten it for a $1k cheaper but would of had to travel to a larger market to get it, not worth it at the time. In 2020 the difference between "we don't know what we are going to charge you" and $1300 below invoice was over $3k, plenty to travel for. The extraordinary part is that when the Bronco was delivered I was/am working 2 hours down hwy80 from the dealer I choose back in 2020, 1,000 miles from my home.
Ok, that makes much more sense.

I personally jumped into the mix much later when the markups were in full swing and these deals were long gone. I got what I wanted and I could afford the markup, but man do I miss when I could come in with a printed invoice, negotiate down from that, and get 1% financing.

Reading through here, I'm also starting to think that the direct order model just failed due to too many options/variations and Ford is trying to kill the appeal of special order Broncos. No doubt that they are probably running out of parts, but I'd guess based on my experience that half the orders being delivered today are unclaimed. All of the 10+ Broncos I looked into were unclaimed orders. Ford is burning up time and parts on the line building custom trucks for customers that don't even take delivery of their truck.
Sponsored

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know what one of the absolute points of comedy about this is. There is now no way to get a heated steering wheel. I know it may not mean much to many but we spend a lot of time in VT where it can get really, really cold. Imagine a 50+k car/truck where you cannot get a freaking heated steering wheel.
That is what I will miss the most as well. Mine in my truck gets used a lot! I wonder if there is a way to add one down the road?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buddy of mine at work got his F150 in 4 months at Christmas in 22. He kinda pokes at me for waiting nearly 2.5 years.
150’s are much quicker. SD’s not. They are both F Series

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
150’s are much quicker. SD’s not. They are both F Series
I was just making a statement about how quick he got his truck vs the rest of us waiting years for a bronco. He just kinda laughs about it.
Ford is king of supply chain issues with the bronco.
Ford has really come up with great ways to kill the excitement of buying a fun vehicle that’s for sure. If this was truly supply chain issues, i could understand it but clearly, it’s not. I know the arguments around this but Ford has proven that’s not the complete problem.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like my Bronco order is being watched. Today/tonight will probably dictate what happens for many of us. Good luck everyone.

Ford Bronco 💰 Official: $2500 Order Modification Offer to Wildtrak Customers (switch trims) and Non-Wildtrak Customers (modify order to remove constraints) 1673959361004

Sponsored

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did it take away the parts? I was originally a squatch BD 2 door now I'm an HE which is based on the BB. This is like saying all the WTs made this happen because squatch was standard and they shouldn't have added hoss 3.0 until they could build all the previous orders.
Not everyone switched to a special edition,
How did it take away the parts? I was originally a squatch BD 2 door now I'm an HE which is based on the BB. This is like saying all the WTs made this happen because squatch was standard and they shouldn't have added hoss 3.0 until they could build all the previous orders.
In your case that is true, but anyone with a reservation or order could have converted regardless of the trim they had previously. Im sure it made the parts that were already constraints even shorter.

Pilotallen

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welp, I just entered the 4th stage of grief and will be here for quite some time. Jesus, what a shit show Ford has made of this. I just feel this entire process has been mismanaged from the start. Ugh.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, but as you point out, just hearsay. I’m going to link a document below that should pretty well debunk this.

I think the disconnect between us is that I’m looking at this as someone who has advised on the purchase and sale of numerous dealers and advised on other dealer issues. So I’m going off what I know (factually) are the agreements and laws at play here.

The big three have their standard dealer agreement available online; Ford’s is here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1019849/000095012402000556/k66280ex10-2_13.txt

You’re right that allocations have always been a thing at Ford “…to allocate fairly any product in short supply…”.

I mentioned earlier that some manufacturers prohibit sales outside of the dealer’s territory but Ford does not, “…the Dealer shall not be limited to the DEALER'S LOCALITY in making sales.”

But (and there’s always a but), “During any period of shortage of any VEHICLE, the Company shall be entitled to give priority to accepted orders for such VEHICLES for resale to users residing within the DEALER'S LOCALITY of the ordering dealer.”

That last bit is important for dealers that tried to do massive Bronco volume through Internet sales. Using Granger as an example, unless they have a different-from-standard dealership agreement, Ford can take every Granger order from outside of Granger’s “Dealer’s Locality” and shove it to the bottom of the list regardless of reservation time stamp. All dealers with a standard dealership agreement knew this, it’s in their contract.

This wasn’t a secret. A number of dealers have reservation FAQ pages that have identical text (either from Ford or the dealers all copied each other). Here’s an example: https://www.morristownford.net/2021-bronco-reservation.html. All these FAQs have language like this:

“Residency” is included as a factor because of the dealership locality preference.

There wasn’t some kind of rug pull that happened and the Bronco wasn’t somehow magically exempted from the standard dealership agreements.

For people saying Ford should do a better job communicating, state dealer-franchise laws are crazy strong and really limit what a manufacturer can communicate to a dealer’s customer. You’re the dealer’s customer, not Ford’s (the dealer is Ford’s customer).

Also, don’t expect that part of tomorrow’s announcement will be Ford prohibiting ADM; that’s illegal. Best Ford can do is what they did with the Lightning by pressuring dealers with the claim ADM hurts Ford’s brand.

I’m not trying to start an internet war and I have better things to do than writing this post. But I really hate to see people get screwed and it kinda looks like a lot of people were not given all the important information when they ordered.
Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate the input. I’m not going to dispute what you’ve added. However, the thought that anyone would have to wade through the dealer agreements they have with Ford and understand what “residency” is and interpret how it applies in certain situations, and that most customers would do that, is highly doubtful and rather ludicrous.

This is not criticism of you b/c what you say sounds like a perfectly legal explanation and, frankly, I’m sure many wish you had been here to say the same thing 2 years ago. However, it seems to me that Ford also did not fully consider the implications of their own dealer agreements when they opened up a reservation system that allowed buyers to go anywhere without restraint and where certain dealers could decide to trade in lower price, higher volume deals on a very highly anticipated model. Although I accept that this is may all be perfectly legal, and the dealers may be the most culpable, that really doesn’t help the customer wanting to buy Ford’s product.

My situation, waiting for the mythical mod top, was impacted directly by Ford and their suppliers inability to deliver. I realize they are not fortune tellers but I would think they had better insight than me and if I had known before the ‘22 model year that the tops were very unlikely, I’d have released my order sooner. Now I waited an extra year to get the same build, or less depending on the outcome of today’s meeting, that I could’ve had last year.

Pointing fingers at Ford or the dealers doesn’t change anything but, damn, this seems like someone should've stepped up to make this clearer instead of leaving it to each individual customer figuring it out independently. Imo, the only group that could’ve ensured a consistent, clear message got through the noise is not the dealer, it’s Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree with you! But I've seen the argument 100 times against the new trims.