First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The woman I talked to explained to me first that MSRP is exactly that. And that the dealer can, of course, sell the car to me for any price they like. That wasn’t shocking or surprising, although disgusting. Then she told me that the price protection was also just a suggestion from Ford to the dealer and that the amount could be up to $3,425. And that the dealer didn’t have to honor it all! I asked her if she could give me the accurate price protection amount. She said it was up to the dealer!
#1 you talked to one person from Ford and they answered you hyper specifically. You might want to try and talk to someone else.
#2 for 2023 they eliminated price protection and rebranded as a Private Offer.

For example, your order on 2/21 puts in the Level A offer.
2 door badlands gets $3425.
This Private Offer are generated on your behalf and should be visible to dealers upon running a SmartVINCENT Certificate Inquiry. That is a promise that Ford will pay the dealer that money on your behalf.

Here is the rub. The dealer can decide if they want to apply that to your retail price or not. They could keep that money themselves. But Ford does motivate them to sell that vehicle to you. Because if you don't buy it, that can negatively impact the dealership.

A second rub, Ford screwed up and may not have issued you a cert like they should have. Your dealer can check the SmartVINCENT to see if there is a cert for you.

An interesting question here is will Ford honor the private offers for people who get the $2500 for changing their order? A 2-door Wildtrack order prior to 3/19/21 gets $3880 in Private Offer, and switch to a Badlands and get $2500 for a total $6380 in cash back which easily (assuming a good dealer) would cover the hardware to have 35s and pay for dinner.
Sponsored

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m starting to believe this is correct…. And after reading most of this thread I have to finally chime in.

After the long wait, ups a downs, etc. I have a vin and window sticker. My two door, Lux, manual Badlands is being built now. And my dealer already has it listed on their website for sale! It does say in transit.

Anyway, called Ford marketing a few minutes ago to confirm the price protection for this vehicle and to understand how it works. I ordered 2/21 just before the initial reservation cutoff. So according to the Ford website I should get $3,425 off the MSRP, right? Guess what I was told…

The woman I talked to explained to me first that MSRP is exactly that. And that the dealer can, of course, sell the car to me for any price they like. That wasn’t shocking or surprising, although disgusting. Then she told me that the price protection was also just a suggestion from Ford to the dealer and that the amount could be up to $3,425. And that the dealer didn’t have to honor it all! I asked her if she could give me the accurate price protection amount. She said it was up to the dealer!

I am absolutely flabbergasted. It’s strange to want a vehicle from a company that I now detest. This would be my first Ford. I mean I have sort of golden ticket at this point, because my Bronco is in production. But still, after two years of this and not knowing what to expect going into the dealer, damn, I don’t know. This is no way to do business. I guess if my dealer does the right thing I’ll take it and be happy rolling around in my cool Bronco all the while telling everyone how bad Ford is. I won’t pay some ridiculous ADM and I expect the price protection as it was promised. Again, what a horrible experience.

I sent an email to my dealer (one of many) to confirm the MSRP sale along with the price protection. They agreed to it in our back and forth emails a while ago. They refused, when asked, to put anything in writing beyond what was agreed to via email. So, we shall see.

I guess you’re right, the reservation system was all pure marketing hype with no real value whatsoever. Maybe having the reservation actually made it harder to get a Bronco. IDK…. I’d love to hear from anyone who knows more about how the price protection actually works and if it has any teeth at all.

Sorry for the rant and for all those losing out trying to spend 50k+ for a Bronco. Maybe, hate to say it, and I hope I’m wrong, the reservation and price protection isn’t worth much at all. Just unreal.
The "Price Protection" was changed to a "Private Cash Offer" which is actually what your are referring to. The "Private Cash Offer" is a cash rebate paid to the dealer by Ford, so there are dealers who will not give buyers that credit and will keep the payment for themselves. The cash rebate is in the "Smart Vincent" system under program #38644 and will be tied to your vehicle.

Just make sure the Dealer knows that you are aware of the "Private Cash Offer" in "Smart Vincent" and that you want that credited on your purchase!

Good Luck!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If myself and all my fellow Granger customers get rid of the constraints, what has changed for us? Unless I missed something, we stay at the same place in the Granger line, with same allocation issue. Same situation with folks at other dealers with lower allocations. (In practice, maybe some folks don't change their order, so we move up a few spots in the dealer line, which might not matter.)

Although we are offered the $2500, we are no more likely to get a Bronco in 2023. Unless something else in the equation has change, that was not mentioned at the meeting? Such as Ford offering dealers additional 2023 allocations, to actually deliver the Broncos to people who get rid of the constraints?
I agree. You dealer still needs allocations to fill it orders. The key benefit to Granger customers is to take that money to another dealer that has allocations > orders. Whether you still get the carryover $ is still questionable.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "Price Protection" was changed to a "Private Cash Offer" which is actually what your are referring to. The "Private Cash Offer" is a cash rebate paid to the dealer by Ford, so there are dealers who will not give buyers that credit and will keep the payment for themselves. The cash rebate is in the "Smart Vincent" system under program #38644 and will be tied to your vehicle.

Just make sure the Dealer knows that you are aware of the "Private Cash Offer" in "Smart Vincent" and that you want that credited on your purchase!

Good Luck!
Super helpful! I will be sure to do that. Thank you. It’s still a super fishy deal though if you ask me.

OP
OP
Crowza

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Video Guy is now live streaming...

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super helpful! I will be sure to do that. Thank you. It’s still a super fishy deal though if you ask me.

Good luck with your issue. Congrats on getting your Bronco.

However, it literally has ZERO to do with this thread. There is an 'ultimate price protection' thread that addresses and tracks issues like yours.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck with your issue. Congrats on getting your Bronco.

However, it literally has ZERO to do with this thread. There is an 'ultimate price protection' thread that addresses and tracks issues like yours.
I see your point… However, I thought the info I received from Ford marketing might be important for those considering going forward with the current list of issues that this thread is about. I would certainly want to be aware that PP and whatever certificates or incentives from Ford may or may not be honored after having changed my order and sticking it out. I would at least look into it and want some kind of confirmation/contract/something! Imagine changing/downgrading your order with an expectation of PP and a discount, waiting longer, etc, then realizing that all the incentives were just fluff. Hopefully it helps someone make their decision. Anyway, good luck with your Bronco as well.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What bothers me is that fact that Ford does not know how to fix their issues with the Bronco. It has been two year of production and they still have the same ones. So why does anyone think that this will be resolved for MY24. They moved 98K orders from MY 22 to MY23. If you qualified for the price protection, then why don't they continue to offer it? Why would they short change folks that have been patient with them? This all leads me to believe that there is no end in the next couple model years. If all this is really true, not sure where I stand, but then again are any of the other manufactures in any better shape.

Welcome to the United States of Banana Republic.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man just terrible news.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your point… However, I thought the info I received from Ford marketing might be important for those considering going forward with the current list of issues that this thread is about. I would certainly want to be aware that PP and whatever certificates or incentives from Ford may or may not be honored after having changed my order and sticking it out. I would at least look into it and want some kind of confirmation/contract/something! Imagine changing/downgrading your order with an expectation of PP and a discount, waiting longer, etc, then realizing that all the incentives were just fluff. Hopefully it helps someone make their decision. Anyway, good luck with your Bronco as well.
Oh I get it and I understand why you posted in this thread. There have just been a lot of people in your position that might weigh in on it in the Price Protection megathread. It certainly is an eye opener.

What the Ford CSR told you is different than the real World experience of posters in that thread who have had PP certs in Smart Vincent that were applied.

Good luck. You are so close to the end!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
For everyone who has a dealer driving them nuts but you are stuck with them, or anyone just generally wanting to be prepared. This is a good video. You can ignore the bargaining for the price of the vehicle, as we all know there isn't much room there. But the finance office and extended warranty is where you can really put the screws to them.

And financing it outside the dealer can really bug them because they make money in creating the financing. Here is how to use your own bank or credit union.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate the input. I’m not going to dispute what you’ve added. However, the thought that anyone would have to wade through the dealer agreements they have with Ford and understand what “residency” is and interpret how it applies in certain situations, and that most customers would do that, is highly doubtful and rather ludicrous.

This is not criticism of you b/c what you say sounds like a perfectly legal explanation and, frankly, I’m sure many wish you had been here to say the same thing 2 years ago. However, it seems to me that Ford also did not fully consider the implications of their own dealer agreements when they opened up a reservation system that allowed buyers to go anywhere without restraint and where certain dealers could decide to trade in lower price, higher volume deals on a very highly anticipated model. Although I accept that this is may all be perfectly legal, and the dealers may be the most culpable, that really doesn’t help the customer wanting to buy Ford’s product.

My situation, waiting for the mythical mod top, was impacted directly by Ford and their suppliers inability to deliver. I realize they are not fortune tellers but I would think they had better insight than me and if I had known before the ‘22 model year that the tops were very unlikely, I’d have released my order sooner. Now I waited an extra year to get the same build, or less depending on the outcome of today’s meeting, that I could’ve had last year.

Pointing fingers at Ford or the dealers doesn’t change anything but, damn, this seems like someone should've stepped up to make this clearer instead of leaving it to each individual customer figuring it out independently. Imo, the only group that could’ve ensured a consistent, clear message got through the noise is not the dealer, it’s Ford.
I posted very similar info and concur with the response from @Heelabaloo when I joined the forum in Nov ‘21 and no one wanted to hear or believe any of it. I also posted the dealer agreements and varying states DMV laws. There is so much that many do not know or understand about how the manufacturer/ dealer relationship and then the states add to it with their governance. Easiest thing/response when things go wrong is just to blame the manufacturer.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got confirmation that the $2500 for canceling and buying another Ford will not apply for a Bronco Raptor.

Now my thinking is to see if I can downgrade my WT and use the $2500 along with my existing $2595 MY23 Transition Private Offer to get $5095 off my Badlands built this month.
Your price protection changes based on your trim package. You will not get the same savings down grading. You may still get MY21 savings but it will be reflected on the trim level you have. I could be wrong but that was my understanding when FORD first presented this mirage. I say mirage since many if not most of us will never get to see it.
Sponsored