Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a new and in-stock '23 Wildtrak 1.5 weeks ago that was a customer abandoned order, but I still have my Badlands (Lux, SAS, MIC) order. I did not cancel in case I decide to sell the Wildtrak when it's built... The dealer, and different than the one I ordered at, did use my $2395 private offer from the BL toward the purchase.

So can I still claim this new $2500 incentive if I cancel my BL order now and just keep the '23 Wildtrak I just bought? I'm not sure what my options are given the timing of events? If I can't get the $2500 incentive, then I might as well keep the order and keep my options open.
Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A forum member had reported that they were able to use their MY Transition Private offer against an off the lot purchase. I'm not sure that they are only tied to the ordered vehicle. The offer is also based on what you had on order as of Sept 9th, not what you ultimately take delivery of.
thatā€™s correct but you absolutely need to take your order for the PP money to work. The dealership that claimed it will not get the money. Smartvincent allows it to be applied but when the dealership goes after the sale to claim the money they will not be able to do so or will get charged back. Win for the customer not for the dealership.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not correct. My dealer went thru the process on a different Bronco than what I have on order, completely different trim and everything and my PP certificate was generated for that Bronco, the PP certificate is tied to your name, not the order.
I promise you I am correct. I will post the verbiage tomorrow when Iā€™m back in the office. Unless ford changes their mind and updates it on Wednesday. Those dealerships will not get the money or will be charged back.

again this is good for customer! Just not the dealership

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a new and in-stock '23 Wildtrak 1.5 weeks ago that was a customer abandoned order, but I still have my Badlands (Lux, SAS, MIC) order. I did not cancel in case I decide to sell the Wildtrak when it's built... The dealer, and different than the one I ordered at, did use my $2395 private offer from the BL toward the purchase.

So can I still claim this new $2500 incentive if I cancel my BL order now and just keep the '23 Wildtrak I just bought? I'm not sure what my options are given the timing of events? If I can't get the $2500 incentive, then I might as well keep the order and keep my options open.
you can not get the $2500 back. It must be used on a vehicle.
Same as others it appears, unless ford changes their mind (possible) the dealerships that are using your PP $ as a rebate will either not be able to claim it after the sale or will be charged back. Means nothing to you just bad news for the dealership.

danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
News about no trim switching hurts.

Without a miracle on the scheduling front, my plan was to lose SAS and MIC and upgrade my base to a BD build so I'd at least get the gears and advanced 4x4 (and seats/floors) for about the same $. Now my options are gamble or end up having to regear, etc. =/

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Without a miracle on the scheduling front, my plan was to lose SAS and MIC and upgrade my base to a BD build so I'd at least get the gears and advanced 4x4 (and seats/floors) for about the same $. Now my options are gamble or end up having to regear, etc. =/
The other side of the coin is that you may get scheduled sooner with the BD build vs. BaseSquatch. Sure, you won't qualify for the $2500 order modification incentive. But you'll still have your private offer.

Good luck on deciding what is worth the risk/reward for you.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The other side of the coin is that you may get scheduled sooner with the BD build vs. BaseSquatch. Sure, you won't qualify for the $2500 order modification incentive. But you'll still have your private offer.

Good luck on deciding what is worth the risk/reward for you.
Yep, you know that is my new dilemma. Just when I talked myself into the idea of changing my BaseManSquatch to a Black Diamond, Ford says no.

So I have to start weighing the option of whether or not to switch at all, since I won't get the $2500, and without the rear locker, I won't buy the Base.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford will also be scheduling, the same way they did last week.

HE, Base series, MT

I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. Use up all the SAS parts they can for the HE and Basesquatch instead of for the Other trim that has it standard.

I'm sure since I'm an affected Wildtrak it annoys me more than it should but is seems so backwards, regardless of how many WT are ordered, vs what they can make.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base

I wonder...

Can you switch to a BD with SAS and MIC, and then drop SAS and MIC in a couple weeks?

I'm guessing Ford does not want folks changing to BD for some other reason though, as it was also excluded from the "Change your Wildtrack" trim change.

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. Use up all the SAS parts they can for the HE and Basesquatch instead of for the Other trim that has it standard.

I'm sure since I'm an affected Wildtrak it annoys me more than it should but is seems so backwards, regardless of how many WT are ordered, vs what they can make.
i feel the same! Kind of crazy when you think that many of us reserved back in 2020 and still do not have a build date or vehicle.....

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Getting tired of people blaming HEs for the shortages, these are only orderable by reservation holders meaning we all had previous orders pending. I was a 2dr squatch BD so one way or another Ford was using the same parts but now I'm a mod top so I freed up a mic top for someone else, so you're welcome. Oh, SAS is standard on these too but we're not competing with your wheels either.

They're still building WTs, no one official has said they weren't, it's scheduling all 3 of the constraints at one time that's messing y'all up. HEs and Basesquatchs are just SAS and while contained are no more in your way than everyone else's order that may be before yours.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting tired of people blaming HEs for the shortages, these are only orderable by reservation holders meaning we all had previous orders pending. I was a 2dr squatch BD so one way or another Ford was using the same parts but now I'm a mod top so I freed up a mic top for someone else, so you're welcome. Oh, SAS is standard on these too but we're not competing with your wheels either.

They're still building WTs, no one official has said they weren't, it's scheduling all 3 of the constraints at one time that's messing y'all up. HEs and Basesquatchs are just SAS and while contained are no more in your way than everyone else's order that may be before yours.
Agreed.

Same goes for Bronco Raptor and Everglades. Constantly read about people angry that Ford is releasing new trims ahead of building existing orders. But thus far all of these new trims have only been available for order by existing reservation/order holders.

If anything the existence of these special trims helps matters. If HE uses a MOD top that means more MIC tops for everyone else. If Everglades uses a unique wheel and the Mid+ package, that means more wheels and Lux packages for everyone else. And Ford hasnā€™t even been able to build Raptors lately due to constraints on their suspension components, so they certainly arenā€™t holding up your order.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My comment was saying I understand the HEs. They have SAS standard.

The other trims that have SAS added as a option, the key word, are the ā€˜problemā€™ if you look at it that way for WTs and thatā€™s how I choose to as I was ā€˜advisedā€™ by Ford to change my trim based on what was widely said to be the wheels and tires being in short supply. If they take that set of wheels and slap it on your Black Diamond as an OPTION, it takes it away from a WT that should have it standard. Itā€™s like JEEP saying, this part here is standard on these Rubicons, but you can option it for this Willyā€™s. Weā€™re going to stop building Rubicons for the people who optioned it.

Simplistic comparison, and completely unfair on either side for sure, but thatā€™s how this all feels.

My complaint is basically Ford said if you have a WT yours highly unlikely to get scheduled without dropping SAS, yet itā€™s standard. So completely change your build series.

What Ford should have done was to say ā€˜Attention WTs: we can only make so many but since SAS is standard on your trim, that is priority on SAS supplies. Good luck to you if you donā€™t switch though because weā€™re still oversold if you donā€™t drop some constraints.'

Anyone that added SAS to a base-badlands here is a private offer to drop it. If you donā€™t, we are going to produce AS MANY AS POSSIBLE of the versions that come standard with it; HE, EG, and WT. Youā€™re at the mercy of them ā€˜reservationā€™ or not.

But they didnā€™t. Now sure ā€˜they are still schedulingā€™ WTs but fair or not to the ā€˜optionedā€™ crew, the WT should be as included as the HE and EGs in the - you get it before the other trims situation.

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

my comment was saying I understand the HEs. They have SAS standard.

the other trims that have SAS added as a option, the key word, are the ā€˜problemā€™ if you look at it that way for WTs and thatā€™s how I choose to as I was ā€˜advisedā€™ by Ford to change my trim based on what was widely said to be the wheels and tires being in short supply. If they take that set of wheels and slap it on your Black Diamond as an OPTION, it takes it away from a WT that should have it standard. Itā€™s like JEEP saying, this part here is standard on these Rubicons, but you can option it for this Willyā€™s. Weā€™re going to stop building Rubicons for the people who optioned it.

simplistic comparison, and completely unfair on either side for sure, but thatā€™s how this all feels.

my complaint is basically Ford said if you have a WT yours highly unlikely to get scheduled without dropping SAS, yet itā€™s standard. So completely change your build series.

what Ford should have done was to say ā€˜WTs we can only make so many but since SAS is standard on your trim, thatā€™s is priority on SAS supplies. Good luck to you if you donā€™t switch though cause weā€™re still oversold if you donā€™t drop some constraints.

anyone that added SAS to a base-badlands here is a private offer to drop it. If you donā€™t, we are going to produce AS MANY AS POSSIBLE if the versions that comes standard with it HE, EG, and WT. youā€™re at the mercy of them ā€˜reservationā€™ or not.

but they didnā€™t. No sure ā€˜they are still schedulingā€™ WTs but fair or not to the ā€˜optionedā€™ crew, the WT should be as included as the HE and EGs in the - you get it before the other trims situation.
Good points and agree, standard equipment should take priority over someone else's option. Not to blame Ford but making it optional on all trims kinda watered down trims like the WT but looks sell. I was kinda surprised when they released the specs for the standard HE, I figured it would be more like a BD and come standard with the regular suspension, the 32's and rear locker with squatch optional which I would have been good with.

Anyrate, sorry I ranted on your rant, wish you luck on getting scheduled!

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not correct. My dealer went thru the process on a different Bronco than what I have on order, completely different trim and everything and my PP certificate was generated for that Bronco, the PP certificate is tied to your name, not the order.

Eligible customers must place a new 23MY retail order and take delivery of their ordered vehicle to be eligible for model year transition private offer. Vehicle sale end user name must match the customer name on the retail order or will be subject to chargeback.

This is good news for you, since the dealership gave you the discount upfront! But that dealership will not be able to claim the rebate or will be charged back later. For everyone that is planning on doing the same thing, I hope the dealership you go to makes the same mistake for your sake! You have waited a long time; you deserve a break even if it's at the expense of the dealership. Some dealers will know better and understand how the programs work.

I just want to provide you with the most up-to-date, correct information.
Sponsored