Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting tired of people blaming HEs for the shortages, these are only orderable by reservation holders meaning we all had previous orders pending. I was a 2dr squatch BD so one way or another Ford was using the same parts but now I'm a mod top so I freed up a mic top for someone else, so you're welcome. Oh, SAS is standard on these too but we're not competing with your wheels either.

They're still building WTs, no one official has said they weren't, it's scheduling all 3 of the constraints at one time that's messing y'all up. HEs and Basesquatchs are just SAS and while contained are no more in your way than everyone else's order that may be before yours.
My comment was saying I understand the HEs. They have SAS standard.

The other trims that have SAS added as a option, the key word, are the ‘problem’ if you look at it that way for WTs and that’s how I choose to as I was ‘advised’ by Ford to change my trim based on what was widely said to be the wheels and tires being in short supply. If they take that set of wheels and slap it on your Black Diamond as an OPTION, it takes it away from a WT that should have it standard. It’s like JEEP saying, this part here is standard on these Rubicons, but you can option it for this Willy’s. We’re going to stop building Rubicons for the people who optioned it.

Simplistic comparison, and completely unfair on either side for sure, but that’s how this all feels.

My complaint is basically Ford said if you have a WT yours highly unlikely to get scheduled without dropping SAS, yet it’s standard. So completely change your build series.

What Ford should have done was to say ‘Attention WTs: we can only make so many but since SAS is standard on your trim, that is priority on SAS supplies. Good luck to you if you don’t switch though because we’re still oversold if you don’t drop some constraints.'

Anyone that added SAS to a base-badlands here is a private offer to drop it. If you don’t, we are going to produce AS MANY AS POSSIBLE of the versions that come standard with it; HE, EG, and WT. You’re at the mercy of them ‘reservation’ or not.

But they didn’t. Now sure ‘they are still scheduling’ WTs but fair or not to the ‘optioned’ crew, the WT should be as included as the HE and EGs in the - you get it before the other trims situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

my comment was saying I understand the HEs. They have SAS standard.

the other trims that have SAS added as a option, the key word, are the ‘problem’ if you look at it that way for WTs and that’s how I choose to as I was ‘advised’ by Ford to change my trim based on what was widely said to be the wheels and tires being in short supply. If they take that set of wheels and slap it on your Black Diamond as an OPTION, it takes it away from a WT that should have it standard. It’s like JEEP saying, this part here is standard on these Rubicons, but you can option it for this Willy’s. We’re going to stop building Rubicons for the people who optioned it.

simplistic comparison, and completely unfair on either side for sure, but that’s how this all feels.

my complaint is basically Ford said if you have a WT yours highly unlikely to get scheduled without dropping SAS, yet it’s standard. So completely change your build series.

what Ford should have done was to say ‘WTs we can only make so many but since SAS is standard on your trim, that’s is priority on SAS supplies. Good luck to you if you don’t switch though cause we’re still oversold if you don’t drop some constraints.

anyone that added SAS to a base-badlands here is a private offer to drop it. If you don’t, we are going to produce AS MANY AS POSSIBLE if the versions that comes standard with it HE, EG, and WT. you’re at the mercy of them ‘reservation’ or not.

but they didn’t. No sure ‘they are still scheduling’ WTs but fair or not to the ‘optioned’ crew, the WT should be as included as the HE and EGs in the - you get it before the other trims situation.
Good points and agree, standard equipment should take priority over someone else's option. Not to blame Ford but making it optional on all trims kinda watered down trims like the WT but looks sell. I was kinda surprised when they released the specs for the standard HE, I figured it would be more like a BD and come standard with the regular suspension, the 32's and rear locker with squatch optional which I would have been good with.

Anyrate, sorry I ranted on your rant, wish you luck on getting scheduled!

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not correct. My dealer went thru the process on a different Bronco than what I have on order, completely different trim and everything and my PP certificate was generated for that Bronco, the PP certificate is tied to your name, not the order.

Eligible customers must place a new 23MY retail order and take delivery of their ordered vehicle to be eligible for model year transition private offer. Vehicle sale end user name must match the customer name on the retail order or will be subject to chargeback.

This is good news for you, since the dealership gave you the discount upfront! But that dealership will not be able to claim the rebate or will be charged back later. For everyone that is planning on doing the same thing, I hope the dealership you go to makes the same mistake for your sake! You have waited a long time; you deserve a break even if it's at the expense of the dealership. Some dealers will know better and understand how the programs work.

I just want to provide you with the most up-to-date, correct information.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eligible customers must place a new 23MY retail order and take delivery of their ordered vehicle to be eligible for model year transition private offer. Vehicle sale end user name must match the customer name on the retail order or will be subject to chargeback.

This is good news for you, since the dealership gave you the discount upfront! But that dealership will not be able to claim the rebate or will be charged back later. For everyone that is planning on doing the same thing, I hope the dealership you go to makes the same mistake for your sake! You have waited a long time; you deserve a break even if it's at the expense of the dealership. Some dealers will know better and understand how the programs work.

I just want to provide you with the most up-to-date, correct information.
I just don't want people leaving their Price Protection offer on the table when it is available to them, even if they modify their order from its original configuration. This was a major change in price protection from 2022 to 2023, you can change your order and still get PP because its tied to your name, not your specific order. Whether Ford reimburses the dealer is not my concern, getting a fair deal and what us offered for me from Ford is my concern. We have verified that my certificate exists and is valid for the exact amount shown in Fords chart, and it will be applied to the Bronco I have ordered, if it ever gets scheduled and built. I have done my part, modified my order to a buildable unit like Ford wanted me to, it is not the same as the order I have had for the last 20 months, but its buildable according to Ford.

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So say I have a 4 Door OB with MIC and Lux package in Eruption Green on order and am thinking of downgrading a couple items (not happy about MIC). My dealer almost never has any in stock... but the dealer up the road has an OB with soft top and High package, but seperate color that i'd be happy with. Other dealer is $51,855 with $5k markup. My choices are getting it with my PP or take $2500 off the other dealer price?
I went to my dealer and basically said i'm SOL. I have to drop both LUX and MIC to get the $2500 (already known) and that if I were to take the other dealers stock that I wouldn't get the PP or $2500. He also mentioned that I was still at the same priority code (19) after a year, and was unable to see where in line I was with the dealer allocations. He mentioned that he hasn't had a single buyer drop any of the constraints yet or straight up cancel, everyone is wait and see.

Drove to the other dealer to test drive the soft top and it was a no go. It constantly sounded like all the windows behind me were open. I'll wind up dropping the Lux and keep the MIC. Hoping that dropping the LUX at least puts me in a different bucket of orders that gets built sooner then those with multiple constraints.

đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't want people leaving their Price Protection offer on the table when it is available to them, even if they modify their order from its original configuration. This was a major change in price protection from 2022 to 2023, you can change your order and still get PP because its tied to your name, not your specific order. Whether Ford reimburses the dealer is not my concern, getting a fair deal and what us offered for me from Ford is my concern. We have verified that my certificate exists and is valid for the exact amount shown in Fords chart, and it will be applied to the Bronco I have ordered, if it ever gets scheduled and built. I have done my part, modified my order to a buildable unit like Ford wanted me to, it is not the same as the order I have had for the last 20 months, but its buildable according to Ford.
We might be talking about something different. If you order a vehicle and take delivery of it this year, your PP will be honored. Doesnt matter what you switch your build to. What I am saying if you purchase a different Bronco from what your ordered, the PP will not apply. Yes it will show up in the system ( if ford has uploaded it) and dealers will be able to select it, but when they go to "claim" it after the sale they will not get that money. Again if they give it to you in error, who cares! Like you said, its there problem not yours!

I am in 100% agreement, I believe everyone that has waited this long and has "stayed pumped" should get every discount possible. All i am saying is, if you go to a different dealer or even purchase something from your dealers stock, be prepared if the dealer tells you the PP does not apply.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to my dealer and basically said i'm SOL. I have to drop both LUX and MIC to get the $2500 (already known) and that if I were to take the other dealers stock that I wouldn't get the PP or $2500. He also mentioned that I was still at the same priority code (19) after a year, and was unable to see where in line I was with the dealer allocations. He mentioned that he hasn't had a single buyer drop any of the constraints yet or straight up cancel, everyone is wait and see.

Drove to the other dealer to test drive the soft top and it was a no go. It constantly sounded like all the windows behind me were open. I'll wind up dropping the Lux and keep the MIC. Hoping that dropping the LUX at least puts me in a different bucket of orders that gets built sooner then those with multiple constraints.

đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž
You can cancel your order you have and take the $2500 certificate to the other dealership and purchase that off the lot. You will not get your PP however. Now if the other dealership combines both then bonus!! They will not get paid on it but you shouldn't care, you got your discount!

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can cancel your order you have and take the $2500 certificate to the other dealership and purchase that off the lot. You will not get your PP however. Now if the other dealership combines both then bonus!! They will not get paid on it but you shouldn't care, you got your discount!
ah gotcha! The other dealership has a $5k markup on theirs though :(

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ah gotcha! The other dealership has a $5k markup on theirs though :(
Ya its a tough call. Roll the dice and maybe get scheduled for what you want or buy now with a $2500 markup.

Sounds like the Soft top is a no go for you. dropping only LUX will not get you the $2500 but may get you scheduled sooner.

It will not be this week however. Ford is scheduling HE, base series and MT

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

REMINDER

Tonight is the live stream between Bronco Nation and the Bronco Brand Manager at Ford. 8PM ET. Come and blast Ford ask questions regarding all of this nonsense.

(In all seriousness, I know a lot of people are pissed about it, but try to be civil so people can get—or at least try to get—their questions answered. Many people have thousands of dollars in price protection and incentives at this point, and are trying to make an educated decision.)

I have monthly Fire Dept. Meeting tonight, and cannot tune in.
Someone please ask if they would allow 2dr Base Sasquatch orders to drop the Sasquatch and hop up a trim level or two to get at least a rear locker and maybe full time 4wd and the $2500. It actually makes more sense since that $2500 doesn't even cover the cost of jumping up a level. Ford is leaving money on the table with the decision of keeping non wildtrack orders in their trim. For instance a base build non SAS, is going to be like $13,000 less than how I would configure a black diamond build to replace my Bas SAS.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to start a fire, cause I haven't seen a whisper, but is there any reason to believe that Ford will just scrap this current a la carte online customer order system for MY24 entirely, when they say you may need to start over? Or tweak it somehow? Or do they still intend to move the operating model full speed ahead that way into the future?

Assuming the supply issues are a slow trickle catch up, what's to keep this headache from starting up all over again with new orders and re-orders of cancelled orders?

I'm sure management loves the Bronco (and Maverick/Lightning/Mach) demand but not the hassle it created from large dealers complaining, the public relations ups and downs (one of my local news stations ran a story yesterday on this latest Ford solution to downsize orders) , and having to devote all the resources to customer service personnel to try and answer/deflect all these order/transfer/allocation questions over the years....

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dropped by my dealer today to get price for my trade in and just relaying what sales manager told & showed me:

- They are saying they can use the higher of my two private offers towards my Badlands even if the higher one was from my Wildtrak order

- They are saying my Badlands would not be eligible for the $2500 credit Ford is offering me to cancel my Wildtrak and purchase another Ford vehicle. He said the reason for this is that the $2500 for cancelling is not issued as Private offer but instead something shown on their vehicle purchase screen. He showed me how the option for the $2500 was displayed on a non-Bronco and then how it was not displayed on my order.

- I asked if I modified my Wildtrak order if that would generate a private offer for the $2500 compensation and he he did not know as none of the order holders at dealership have been willing to change orders so far.

If anyone can state whether the $2500 order modification credit (not cancellation, but modification to drop constraints) is issued as a Private Offer that would be very helpful.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am hoping that NO ONE is willing to switch trims at Granger, as I am 400ish back in the queue there. If everyone stays strong (and I don't blame them, I considered just letting it ride), I might actually get built... It's a serious long shot.

I really wanted our second Bronco to be the HOSS 3.0 WildTrak, but there is no way I would get pulled from that deep in the queue in 2023. I would lose price protection for sure and get purged... Cancelled for picking the "wrong" dealer... who has been awesome and transparent.

However, I can see my way clear to purchasing a OBX 2d 2.7 adv 4x4 with High, Tow, and Aux at $39,601... Ford is still not gonna build it... there's no way that they will send me a Bronco at that price, especially after Matt Winter confirmed tonight that making the required changes doesn't mean shit. He was very clear in stating that your reservation doesn't mean shit. Allocation remains King.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have monthly Fire Dept. Meeting tonight, and cannot tune in.
Someone please ask if they would allow 2dr Base Sasquatch orders to drop the Sasquatch and hop up a trim level or two to get at least a rear locker and maybe full time 4wd and the $2500. It actually makes more sense since that $2500 doesn't even cover the cost of jumping up a level. Ford is leaving money on the table with the decision of keeping non wildtrack orders in their trim. For instance a base build non SAS, is going to be like $13,000 less than how I would configure a black diamond build to replace my Bas SAS.
NOPE... You cannot change Trim unless you were a WT order to get the $2500 and Price Protection. You can sod off and order a new Bronco when the order banks re-open... just like all the other people who will, no doubt, jump ahead of reservation holders AGAIN.

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
NOPE... You cannot change Trim unless you were a WT order to get the $2500 and Price Protection. You can sod off and order a new Bronco when the order banks re-open... just like all the other people who will, no doubt, jump ahead of reservation holders AGAIN.
Did you watch the live stream tonight? At about the 45min mark Matt is discussing this. The way I heard his answer, changing trims is not related to the incentive, only dropping constraints. So, you can switch trims?
Sponsored