First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Cancelled 2022 orders in March. How can they have any orders for April if the order banks were closed?
Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh?

Produced = how many built
Sold = how many were delivered to final customer

They have a backlog of 10s of thousands of orders to fulfill still. They won't need to take in another order for a long time before they run out of backlog to build

Aggie2000

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are the Lightning numbers?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Release of the production numbers usually lags a few days. We'll probably never learn the MY21/MY22 balance until it no longer matters and we're on 8G.

Trying to capture all these reports, so far by my tally there has been 90,915 produced through March '22 (includes ~750 Jan '21- Apr'21), and 71,711 sold through Apr '22
12,237 Bronco's produced in April....what am I missing when you say the production numbers usually lag?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Huh?

Produced = how many built
Sold = how many were delivered to final customer

They have a backlog of 10s of thousands of orders to fulfill still. They won't need to take in another order for a long time before they run out of backlog to build
[/QUOTE
Curious what the Production numbers will look like...

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12,237 Bronco's produced in April....what am I missing when you say the production numbers usually lag?
they don't release them with the sales numbers typically, it's usually a day or more later. Looks like that wasn't the case this time. They weren't included in the original post when I commented. The numbers were updated after.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Plenty more buyers for the F150 too.
Agree, they took 50,000 orders for the F Series in 1 month in March. "Customers lined up to place a total of 50,000 retail orders for the Ford F-150 and Ford Super Duty, which is a new record by a long shot." They have also said the F Series is their #1 priority as its the money maker. I would too with those numbers. That's probably 50-60% of total Bronco's left to produce.

Sponsored

PeneBear

Outer Banks
First Name
Edith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yet there are some of us still waiting on our 21 builds. What a joke this is.

Irish Pete

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought the order banks closed in March… how do they have Bronco sales numbers for April? (Am I missing something)

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bet you can still order one and bet they don’t have 150k standing orders either.
190,000 reservation deposits, then walk in orders and dealer stock........I'd say 150K is pretty conservative.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just because the order banks are closed doesn't mean Ford isn't selling new units, they are allocating 25% of the deliveries to dealers for walk-in customers and Ford can just make whatever model that they have parts for, no B&P, just one of the models. Those are being produced with what ever parts they have just like when you walk up and buy a car already on the lot, you get whatever was built and shipped, plus options that the dealer adds.

I know everyone is upset about the wait, I want mine yesterday.

There are a few reasons this is actually good for reservation holders:

*Dealers get to add ADM of $15,000 to the walk-ins, which is why many of them are honoring MSRP for those that reserved and wait. It was a way to keep the dealers happy and the price gouging down on reservation holders. It was a back room deal, "you charge reservation holders MSRP and we'll give you 25% to make up for customers that don't want to wait." Meanwhile they get what they get... Plus added accessories to mark it up more, my dealer has a Bronco with $2,700 of BS extras, then a lift and tires & wheels for more monies (I don't remember the price of each item) and a $15,000 ADM for over $20K more than MSRP setting right in front. But they are honoring MSRP for reservation holders.

*The line gets to keep moving when commodities are lacking building soft top 4 doors with whatever parts they have, while we got to customized our units through the B&P... Something walk-ins could do before the banks closed, but now can't; they get what they get. And those that did get B&P theirs paid even more than the average $15,000 ADM.

*The shortage of Broncos and the price gouging of those that have more money than sense, is making our Broncos more valuable when we get them. Today hanging with some new motorcycle riding buddies and one was first wondering how I was even getting a Bronco, then how was I getting it so cheap and then impressed with what I'm getting and the price and the fact that I was able to custom order, getting exactly what I want. He was very envious that he didn't reserve one and now wants one more then ever but can't afford to get one at walk-in prices.

That's why Ford is screwing us and we wait longer... But are we waiting that much longer if the walk-ins are NOW (with the order banks closed) getting only what's available and those units are being made with the parts available and are missing commodities that are needed to complete our builds anyway?

I'm not seeing a bunch of 2 doors (I did see one) or any Badlands or Wildtraks setting out front, what I am seeing are mostly 4 doors soft tops with no factory added options that are sitting out front waiting for Mr. or Mrs. moneybags to pay a $15,000 ADM AND EXTRA MONEY FOR DEALER ADDED ITEMS TOO.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
.... *Dealers get to add ADM of $15,000 to the walk-ins, which is why many of them are honoring MSRP for those that reserved and wait. It was a way to keep the dealers happy and the price gouging down on reservation holders. It was a back room deal, "you charge reservation holders MSRP and we'll give you 25% to make up for customers that don't want to wait." Meanwhile they get what they get... Plus added accessories to mark it up more, my dealer has a Bronco with $2,700 of BS extras, then a lift and tires & wheels for more monies (I don't remember the price of each item) and a $15,000 ADM for over $20K more than MSRP setting right in front. But they are honoring MSRP for reservation holders.

*The line gets to keep moving when commodities are lacking building soft top 4 doors with whatever parts they have, while we got to customized our units through the B&P... Something walk-ins could do before the banks closed, but now can't; they get what they get. And those that did get B&P theirs paid even more than the average $15,000 ADM.
Some dealers gouged the shit out of reservation holders, and Ford didn't care, many dealers sold to us non-reservation holders doing the price and build at MSRP. Whether or not your dealer is gouging prices has nothing to do with whether you are a reservation holder or not, and Ford has confirmed this.
Sponsored

Last edited: