Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would make sense if there weren't reservations made after mine with the same restraints that have already been delivered.

I'm a day 3 reservation and there are thousand of similar build as mine, reserved after me, that have been delivered.

What your saying doesn't make sense if you take that into account. It's just bad business practice at this point, and very clear that Ford is doing a money grab with disregard to their early reservation holders.
Agreed/ Darn near each week I see a build just like mine (maybe a different color) from a late reservation holder or someone that walked in off the street and ordered 3 months ago (or ordered a month ago and they already have a build date).
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, this explains the pile of Broncos gathering on Ice Mountain. :LOL:

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its seems unbelievable that while producing so many Broncos, they haven't worked through the first 2 days of reservations.

Almost like they are ignoring early res holders in favor of new customers that might buy something else if a Bronco isnt available.

Not that FoMoCo even cares, but I will never let anybody I know buy a Ford after the way they have treated me as a customer since taking my money.
Factor #1 is allocation
Factor #2 is commodity review by reservation

I have 2 Grangetober reservations and an order placed local. I am supposedly 1st in line at my local dealer and I have a pretty basic build (2 door Big Bend with mid and not much else) that Iโ€™m surprised didnโ€™t get pulled in the last two rounds.

I had enough waiting and picked up a 21 Wrangler Sport S 2 door and so far I love it. Got it on affiliate pricing so expect to be able to get at least what I paid if I sell soonish. Seeing the mess that was dirt mountain and now snow mountain I may just call it good and cancel the Bronco. I have a heated steering wheel for under $40K where Iโ€™d have to go OBX and Lux for $46K plus on the Bronco to match.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just means Ford is producing more, but taking longer to ship/deliver.
Not necessarily, if Ford chooses to count the vehicles on chip hold as โ€œproducedโ€ given they are essentially ready (to be clear I do not know this to be a fact) it could explain the rise in production with the accompanying fall off in sales. Iโ€™ll publish a chart later.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factor #1 is allocation
Factor #2 is commodity review by reservation

I have 2 Grangetober reservations and an order placed local. I am supposedly 1st in line at my local dealer and I have a pretty basic build (2 door Big Bend with mid and not much else) that Iโ€™m surprised didnโ€™t get pulled in the last two rounds.

I had enough waiting and picked up a 21 Wrangler Sport S 2 door and so far I love it. Got it on affiliate pricing so expect to be able to get at least what I paid if I sell soonish. Seeing the mess that was dirt mountain and now snow mountain I may just call it good and cancel the Bronco. I have a heated steering wheel for under $40K where Iโ€™d have to go OBX and Lux for $46K plus on the Bronco to match.
Regarding "Factor #1&2" ...They were both implemented AFTER Ford took public reservations [read: money]. At that time there were no mentions of dealer allocations or commodity issues. I understand things change, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fulfill reservations in the order they were placed.

It would mean Ford makes slightly less profit, not loses money, but just makes slightly less while keeping loyal customers happy. That should be a no-brainer for a company trying to do the right thing for its customers.

They changed the rules after they took people's money so they could sell less desirable Broncos to people without reservations.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With what looks to be a growing disaster on ice mountain the February sales number has the potential to be staggeringly low.
I put this together monthly:

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ˆ Bronco January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,101 Sold / 12,938 Produced 1643822855754

I suspect that the vehicles on "chip hold" are in fact counted as produced, which is perhaps good news as maybe Ford expects them to be moved out in the near term (think GAAP). The sobering part is the downturn on sales and the erosion of Gross Stocks (dealer stock) indicate the size of the pile of Ice Chips (catchy, huh?)

If Production does not include Ice Chips that means the total of vehicles nearly produced or produced is a good bit higher than 12,900 perhaps indicting more MIC production coming on line.

UPDATE: The consensus seems to be that the Ice Chips are NOT counted as produced. Maybe we can infer that except for the chips Ford might have produced over 15,000?

Last edited:

TNSasquatch

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its seems unbelievable that while producing so many Broncos, they haven't worked through the first 2 days of reservations.

Almost like they are ignoring early res holders in favor of new customers that might buy something else if a Bronco isnt available.

Not that FoMoCo even cares, but I will never let anybody I know buy a Ford after the way they have treated me as a customer since taking my money.
I disagree. Most of the reservations made were in the first 2 days. I mean why all of them haven't recieved build dates yet is a question, but literally the whole back log is probably comprisex 75% + of first 2 day reservation holders.

The rest I think they are filling the gaps with newer res holders.
For instance, look at the percentage of badlands and wildtrax reserved versus base.
If you ordered a base and they are doing a base run, they will fill the gaps with new res holders for a full production day/week.
Now some of the hard top issues saw that change with new res holders exploiting soft tops, but I think that will change as they get production back on track.

TNSasquatch

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed/ Darn near each week I see a build just like mine (maybe a different color) from a late reservation holder or someone that walked in off the street and ordered 3 months ago (or ordered a month ago and they already have a build date).
That I don't understand unless people's vehicles are on ice mountain. If it's the same specs then Day 1 and 2 should be first.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes the
That would make sense if there weren't reservations made after mine with the same restraints that have already been delivered.

I'm a day 3 reservation and there are thousand of similar build as mine, reserved after me, that have been delivered.

What your saying doesn't make sense if you take that into account. It's just bad business practice at this point, and very clear that Ford is doing a money grab with disregard to their early reservation holders.
Yes the allocations has also contributed to this issue

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. Most of the reservations made were in the first 2 days. I mean why all of them haven't recieved build dates yet is a question, but literally the whole back log is probably comprisex 75% + of first 2 day reservation holders.

The rest I think they are filling the gaps with newer res holders.
For instance, look at the percentage of badlands and wildtrax reserved versus base.
If you ordered a base and they are doing a base run, they will fill the gaps with new res holders for a full production day/week.
Now some of the hard top issues saw that change with new res holders exploiting soft tops, but I think that will change as they get production back on track.

It would mean Ford makes slightly less profit, not loses money, but just makes slightly less while keeping loyal customers happy. That should be a no-brainer for a company trying to do the right thing for its customers.

They changed the rules after they took people's money so they could sell less desirable Broncos to people without reservations.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iโ€™ll say this. My bronco was โ€œproducedโ€ on 11/04 but wasnโ€™t โ€œbuiltโ€ till 12/22. If you figure out what that means you are way ahead.
I would assume the produced numbers on the report in this thread vs what youโ€™re seeing in the tracker for your particular rig are reported differently.

Iโ€™d get in regular discussions with my production directors about this. Theyโ€™d want to count it when it got off the line, even if it went into a holding area waiting for parts but Iโ€™d only allow it to be counted when it was in finished goods waiting to be shipped to a customer.

The Street (investors) only cared about sales numbers (since that equaled revenue while produced didnโ€™t) so for the most part thatโ€™s all our CEO and CFO cared about but when weโ€™d get in a crunch our CEO and CFO would ask for produced numbers and the reason for the difference so they could explain to The Street that lower sales numbers werenโ€™t a demand issue but a supply issue and would soon resolve once the supply issue was corrected.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the

Yes the allocations has also contributed to this issue
Dealer Allocations were implemented AFTER Ford took public reservations [read: money]. At that time there were no mentions of dealer allocations or commodity issues. I understand things change, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fulfill reservations in the order they were placed.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many 4 door softie Big Bends are sitting on dealer lots with a 10K+ ADM this month compared to previous months? My local dealer has two sitting there unsold.

The market may already be oversaturated with Big Bend Softies.
Almost 900 BB's on Car Gurus right now. Next closest is OBX with 211......

Burghbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco January 2022 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales: 8,101 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 8,101 vehicles.
    • January 2022 sales represent a -11.4% decrease from December 2021.
  • Bronco Production: 12,938 vehicles. Production (YTD): 12,938 vehicles.
    • January 2022 production represents a 9.24% increase from December 2021.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ˆ Bronco January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,101 Sold / 12,938 Produced 1643822855754

Ford just moved my delivery from Feb 13 to April 24๐Ÿ˜ก

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep
Dealer Allocations were implemented AFTER Ford took public reservations [read: money]. At that time there were no mentions of dealer allocations or commodity issues. I understand things change, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fulfill reservations in the order they were placed.

agree with everything you say and this will be our last Ford for the foreseeable future
Sponsored