First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not even sure they are filling each dealers allocations - once all (or most all dealers) are getting their allocations filled don’t you think ford will change the formula? Or not build as many as they can? This will pass …
most dealers are likely close to filling 2022 models allocations (based on orders) but delivery is the issue. Parts and chip shortages. Causing people to cut in line by ordering simpler builds.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
first day alone Is 70,000+ orders. Chip shortage is making it hard to build some broncos. Theres a lot of THOUSANDS of broncos needing chips. As soon as those come in big supply they will start pumping them out.

they arnt going to stop producing the other broncos because someone else “ahead in line”doesnt have theirs yet
That would make sense if there weren't reservations made after mine with the same restraints that have already been delivered.

I'm a day 3 reservation and there are thousand of similar build as mine, reserved after me, that have been delivered.

What your saying doesn't make sense if you take that into account. It's just bad business practice at this point, and very clear that Ford is doing a money grab with disregard to their early reservation holders.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would make sense if there weren't reservations made after mine with the same restraints that have already been delivered.

I'm a day 3 reservation and there are thousand of similar build as mine, reserved after me, that have been delivered.

What your saying doesn't make sense if you take that into account. It's just bad business practice at this point, and very clear that Ford is doing a money grab with disregard to their early reservation holders.
Dealer allocation is your issue.
Each dealer has their own list.

so 1 if your a day 3 order but your dealer has mostly 1-2 day orders your towards the end of the line. Vs another dealer that doesnt have alot of early orders but alot of late orders. They will get theirs first.

2 dealer allocation. Some dealers get more broncos per month. If you at a smaller dealer they will get less. Meaning longer to work threw their order list.

multiple factors other then build and reservation time stamp.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer allocation is your issue.
Each dealer has their own list.

so 1 if your a day 3 order but your dealer has mostly 1-2 day orders your towards the end of the line. Vs another dealer that doesnt have alot of early orders but alot of late orders. They will get theirs first.

2 dealer allocation. Some dealers get more broncos per month. If you at a smaller dealer they will get less. Meaning longer to work threw their order list.

multiple factors other then build and reservation time stamp.
Dealer allocation was implemented AFTER Ford took public reservations [read: money]. At that time there were no mentions of dealer allocations or commodity issues. I understand things change, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fulfill reservations in the order they were placed.

It would mean Ford makes slightly less profit, not loses money, but just makes slightly less while keeping loyal customers happy. That should be a no-brainer for a company trying to do the right thing for its customers.

They changed the rules after they took people's money so they could sell less desirable Broncos to people without reservations.

FWIW im at the biggest dealer in the Denver Metro area.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You keep using 'similar'. Are they 'simllar' or the EXACT SAME? One, yes only one, component can be the difference between built and not built.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You keep using 'similar'. Are they 'simllar' or the EXACT SAME? One, yes only one, component can be the difference between built and not built.
Similar meaning different color, or with added constraints (High/Lux/Sasquatch). The ONLY options i have are 2.7engine and Mid package. No reason a 2.7 badlands Lux/sasquatch ordered after me should have been delivered before mine.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Similar meaning different color, or with added constraints (High/Lux/Sasquatch). The ONLY options i have are 2.7engine and Mid package. No reason a 2.7 badlands Lux/sasquatch ordered after me should have been delivered before mine.
Wait a minute, I thought Ford was pushing out the lower trims to make some quick cash, not pushing out the higher optioned ones......

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a minute, I thought Ford was pushing out the lower trims to make some quick cash, not pushing out the higher optioned ones......
Here we go. I see what where you're going...i said less desirable with the understanding that there can be less overhead and more profit on lower end models for Ford, enabling them to incur a bigger profit YTD then in they sold fewer higher optioned Bronco's.

Ford doesn't look at the profit per vehicle /per day. They are working in volume by quarter.

Im not trying to fight with you, only asking "Dude, where's my car?"

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was that at your dealer? If not the reason is allocation - you don’t like it, I don’t like it, but that’s the reason. As production rises allocations will play a smaller role

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer allocation was implemented AFTER Ford took public reservations [read: money]. At that time there were no mentions of dealer allocations or commodity issues. I understand things change, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fulfill reservations in the order they were placed.

It would mean Ford makes slightly less profit, not loses money, but just makes slightly less while keeping loyal customers happy. That should be a no-brainer for a company trying to do the right thing for its customers.

They changed the rules after they took people's money so they could sell less desirable Broncos to people without reservations.

FWIW im at the biggest dealer in the Denver Metro area.
Big dealers cried foul!
it makes sense on paper. In a perfect world every dealer would have the same percent of bronco orders vs sales.
the problem comes in with the parts shortage as well as some dealers getting alot of orders.
Say a big dealer will get 200 broncos and smaller dealers gets 50.
but if big dealer has 300 orders and small has 40. People at the smaller dealer will get theirs first.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are just building what they can. What ever parts they have on hand. They arnt going to cut production down to 5000 just because they want to build higher trims. They want to build as many as possible per month.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are just building what they can. What ever parts they have on hand. They arnt going to cut production down to 5000 just because they want to build higher trims. They want to build as many as possible per month.
I know, I was questioning Milehigh.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was that at your dealer? If not the reason is allocation - you don’t like it, I don’t like it, but that’s the reason. As production rises allocations will play a smaller role
I guess where my beef is that anytime there is a delay or other commodity/supplier issue, the consumer (me) is left out to dry. All I can and will do is deter others from buying Ford in the future.

I sold my car last May in good faith that Ford would stick to their schedule. Ford knew the MIC roof 1.0 wasn't up to to spec, but said nothing for fear of reservations slowing or being cancelled.

Things happen, that's ok... but at least try to make things right by the consumer. Ford is one of the biggest auto manufacturers in the world and the Bronco consumer base represents a small fraction on their total sales. What harm could be done by keeping their word to people who bought in early on their promise.

no offer in price reduction for the delays, no guarantee of even Price-Protection over MSRP? They can do better.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess where my beef is that anytime there is a delay or other commodity/supplier issue, the consumer (me) is left out to dry. All I can and will do is deter others from buying Ford in the future.

I sold my car last May in good faith that Ford would stick to their schedule. Ford knew the MIC roof 1.0 wasn't up to to spec, but said nothing for fear of reservations slowing or being cancelled.

Things happen, that's ok... but at least try to make things right by the consumer. Ford is one of the biggest auto manufacturers in the world and the Bronco consumer base represents a small fraction on their total sales. What harm could be done by keeping their word to people who bought in early on their promise.

no offer in price reduction for the delays, no guarantee of even Price-Protection over MSRP? They can do better.
I am in the same boat and feel your pain. I think something like starting this month dedicate some amount of production to filling the oldest res/orders first independent of allocation. That would take some of the sting out of it and still allow Ford to b-slap the “MSRP less” dealers. I see you are Denver as I am - who is your dealer?
Sponsored