Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If allocations are the rule, why did Ford take online reservations? Why didn't they say to order at your dealer and build assign build dates from dealer orders.... like they have done with EVERY other car they have ever sold. They changed the rules after taking online reservations and money.

I'm not asking you to defend Ford. I understand basic supply/demand.

What they are doing is just bad business, and doesn't inspire brand loyalty.

Ford clearly underestimated the popularity of the Bronco, and left the early reservation holders out to dry.
The sooner people realize allocations means there is not one line, but instead thousands of lines, the sooner people will understand how ford vehicle reservations work. This is not new. I donโ€™t know why people were thinking there would be one line, itโ€™s never ever worked like that in the car industry. Your reservation matters only for others who bought with you at your dealership.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just spoke to a Ford rep. Anyone who ordered this year (January) should expect a wait of 6 months to a year. Just reconfirming what we already know.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford clearly underestimated the popularity of the Bronco, and left the early reservation holders out to dry.
The issue is that Ford lost a half a year of production vs what they where planning. The Bronco was supposed to launch December 7th, 2020.

We didn't see the first built Broncos till the end of May 2021 or so and they didn't get into consumers hands till July then it snapped shut again due to MIC issues.

The other issue is higher trim models have constraints against them due to everything going on...if you want one sooner, get a base, Big Bend or Outer Banks with a soft top, you'll get it quicker.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you getting this information that thousands of builds similar to yours with later reservation dates are getting built before yours. I didnt think that info was available.
These are obviously closely guarded numbers but deductive reasoning is a specialty of mine. After seeing dozens of post regarding this, i connected the dots.
The issue is that Ford lost a half a year of production vs what they where planning. The Bronco was supposed to launch December 7th, 2020.

We didn't see the first built Broncos till the end of May 2021 or so and they didn't get into consumers hands till July then it snapped shut again due to MIC issues.

The other issue is higher trim models have constraints against them due to everything going on...if you want one sooner, get a base, Big Bend or Outer Banks with a soft top, you'll get it quicker.
Cool, ill call Ford and tell them that @Sherminiator on B6G said if I changed my order i'd get it sooner.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Regarding "Factor #1&2" ...They were both implemented AFTER Ford took public reservations [read: money]. At that time there were no mentions of dealer allocations or commodity issues. I understand things change, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fulfill reservations in the order they were placed.

It would mean Ford makes slightly less profit, not loses money, but just makes slightly less while keeping loyal customers happy. That should be a no-brainer for a company trying to do the right thing for its customers.

They changed the rules after they took people's money so they could sell less desirable Broncos to people without reservations.
Fordโ€™s priority #1 is the shareholder, not the customer. It is currently a sellers market so Ford can do just about whatever they want. Our reservations gave Ford a 16 million dollar loan, T&Cโ€™s always said it didnโ€™t guarantee you a vehicle and that Ford could change or cancel the program at their discretion.

They have the Bronco, Lightning, and Maverick which each have 2+ years of sales spoken for. I donโ€™t love it, but I know that pissing into the wind only gets me wet. Thatโ€™s why I bought a Wrangler despite swearing Iโ€™d never own another FCA product in my life. I either enjoy it and live happily ever after or trade it on my 2023/2024 Grangetober or whatever Jeep does for their mid-cycle refresh.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sooner people realize allocations means there is not one line, but instead thousands of lines, the sooner people will understand how ford vehicle reservations work. This is not new. I donโ€™t know why people were thinking there would be one line, itโ€™s never ever worked like that in the car industry. Your reservation matters only for others who bought with you at your dealership.
Exactly like you said...Ford has always done dealer allocations in the past.

So why open up online reservation for this particular vehicle and create thousand of new lines, when they already had an allocation system set up with dealers?

The answer could only be that they were trying to forgo the old way and create a new process to order a Bronco. Which has failed, and we as the consumer are the ones paying the price.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They changed the rules after they took people's money so they could sell less desirable Broncos to people without reservations.
Fโ€™ing A manโ€ฆ.I think you just dropped some major logic hereโ€ฆ.and you have also freaked me out. I feel like I need to find a very dark corner to sit in and think about my reality hereโ€ฆ.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They'll be violating GAAP accounting rules if they count unfinished inventory as finished. They're required to count them as WIP, Work-in-Progress. Wait for their detailed December quarter financials to find the WIP breakdown.
I am not an accountant - are you saying itโ€™s not possible, given that these are 99.99% finished? Got to be โ€œready to shipโ€? Part of me would like to believe that as it would mean โ€œproductionโ€ was actually much higher than 12,900 which would be great news.

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜20 Explorer ST, โ€˜19 GT350, โ€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would assume the produced numbers on the report in this thread vs what youโ€™re seeing in the tracker for your particular rig are reported differently.

Iโ€™d get in regular discussions with my production directors about this. Theyโ€™d want to count it when it got off the line, even if it went into a holding area waiting for parts but Iโ€™d only allow it to be counted when it was in finished goods waiting to be shipped to a customer.

The Street (investors) only cared about sales numbers (since that equaled revenue while produced didnโ€™t) so for the most part thatโ€™s all our CEO and CFO cared about but when weโ€™d get in a crunch our CEO and CFO would ask for produced numbers and the reason for the difference so they could explain to The Street that lower sales numbers werenโ€™t a demand issue but a supply issue and would soon resolve once the supply issue was corrected.
The dealer was showing produced, my tracker was showing in production.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So why open up online reservation for this particular vehicle and create thousand of new lines, when they already had an allocation system set up with dealers?

The answer could only be that they were trying to forgo the old way and create a new process to order a Bronco. Which has failed, and we as the consumer are the ones paying the price.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ˆ Bronco January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,101 Sold / 12,938 Produced 1111

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“ˆ Bronco January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,101 Sold / 12,938 Produced 22222

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just spoke to a Ford rep. Anyone who ordered this year (January) should expect a wait of 6 months to a year. Just reconfirming what we already know.
Does that include my October 2021 order at Granger?!? ;)

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its seems unbelievable that while producing so many Broncos, they haven't worked through the first 2 days of reservations.

Almost like they are ignoring early res holders in favor of new customers that might buy something else if a Bronco isnt available.

Not that FoMoCo even cares, but I will never let anybody I know buy a Ford after the way they have treated me as a customer since taking my money.
first day alone Is 70,000+ orders. Chip shortage is making it hard to build some broncos. Theres a lot of THOUSANDS of broncos needing chips. As soon as those come in big supply they will start pumping them out.

they arnt going to stop producing the other broncos because someone else โ€œahead in lineโ€doesnt have theirs yet

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am not even sure they are filling each dealers allocations - once all (or most all dealers) are getting their allocations filled donโ€™t you think ford will change the formula? Or not build as many as they can? This will pass โ€ฆ
Sponsored