Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not that surprising when you look at the numbers (unfortunately).

They had 190,000 reservations at one point, the vast majority of reservations were placed within the first week of reservations opening. Granted there are probably some who canceled their reservation or never converted their reservation to an order... but there are also more who placed an order without a reservation.

Napkin math says 14-18 months to clear the backlog. They've only been in production since June 2021 (8 months), and to make matters worse the first 3-4 months had so many issues between the component shortages and hard tops that you can't even really consider them full production months.

So... best case scenario: the majority of the July 2020 reservation holders will get their build dates before the end of the summer. Obviously depends on if supply chains hold, which ain't lookin' good right now.

We got a LONG way to go.

~120,000 reservation orders (estimated)
~55,000 produced in 21 (actual)
~35,000 non res orders (actual)
~100,000 to build going in to January

100,000 / 13,000 = 7.5 months assuming no new orders

~13,000 produced (actual)
~8,000 new orders (actual)
New Feb estimated Balance 100,000 - 5,000 = 95,000 orders to build or 7.3 months.

Remember this is total back log if new orders = production this is the total amount of time to clear all orders. If new orders < current production like in Jan 22 it will just adjust down total backlog.

This doesn’t mean everyone will have a bronco in this timeframe. That will all depend on your build and dealer allocation. This is just a estimated calculation of the total backlog and how it may help define a potential delivery timeline. If your with a dealer that oversold based on the allocations they get it could be a longer wait. Example 150 orders and 10 allocations could mean it could take 15 months to fill that dealers orders.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure you can count a Bronco as "produced" if it is sitting/waiting for a chip for 4 months. The logistics department is a clown show.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You ordered a Badlands, Sas, Lux MIC ALL of those options are delayed. As i said.
ford isnt going to cut production to 4000 just so they can build all the higher trim packages first they are going to build what they can.
Even so, he has been treated unfairly by a system that has always had a bias towards allocation over reservation.

That's precisely how I ended up getting a 2021 2 door OBX 2.7 adv4x4 MIC,TOW,LUX built in Aug 2021 (despite the extended stay on Dirt Mountain until Nov 2021).

It wasn't fair that the MAS allocations were built ahead of people who had reserved a year or more before me (MAS didn't even allow me to order a Bronco until Apr 2021). I have said that before... Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to even get a Bronco.

So I get why he's pissed off, because the reservation has never really meant anything more than your place in line at a particular dealer.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even so, he has been treated unfairly by a system that has always had a bias towards allocation over reservation.

That's precisely how I ended up getting a 2021 2 door OBX 2.7 adv4x4 MIC,TOW,LUX built in Aug 2021 (despite the extended stay on Dirt Mountain until Nov 2021).

It wasn't fair that the MAS allocations were built ahead of people who had reserved a year or more before me (MAS didn't even allow me to order a Bronco until Apr 2021). I have said that before... Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to even get a Bronco.

So I get why he's pissed off, because the reservation has never really meant anything more than your place in line at a particular dealer.
Agree 100% but I understand why dealer allocation comes first. Because otherwise dealers would be waiting months on end for broncos cutting into their sales.

i think none of this would be a big deal if there wasnt a parts shortage. Then i think the gap between two deliveries would only be a month or two vs what’s happening now. Some people waiting 2 years vs 2 months

because then ford could actually build the in demand vehicles based on whats ordered vs now where build what they can.

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The ass hats at Ford have extended my est. delivery date from 2/2/22 to 2/10/22 to 5/2/22 (in production as of 1/21/22). I wish I would have taken delivery of the 80th Anniversary Jeep I ordered last August and passed on last September...I have a Bronco sitting on a lot waiting on a chip for 3 months...If I'm lucky. 1-2 years wait for a vehicle is beyond ridiculous.

Sponsored

ptalbert33

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/1974 F100/1977 Lincoln Cont/2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

New Feb estimated Balance 100,000 - 5,000 = 95,000 orders to build or 7.3 months.

Remember this is total back log if new orders = production this is the total amount of time to clear all orders. If new orders < current production like in Jan 22 it will just adjust down total backlog.

This doesn’t mean everyone will have a bronco in this timeframe. That will all depend on your build and dealer allocation. This is just a estimated calculation of the total backlog and how it may help define a potential delivery timeline. If your with a dealer that oversold based on the allocations they get it could be a longer wait. Example 150 orders and 10 allocations could mean it could take 15 months to fill that dealers orders.
It sure would be nice if dealerships could no longer take orders once allocations have been met. This would have eliminated customers from waiting forever. A simple, "we are out of stock/allotted orders for the year". The whole system is organized chaos and shameful from Ford. Hopefully, lessons will be learned. Money is the only true motivator and Ford is currently on a short term role with products. A few years from now, we (customers) will not forget our experiences through this process when they are back to offering less exciting products. Ford's system is stacked against the little man (small dealerships) and keeps them down. Thats why they shouldn't have been allowed to overtake orders in the first place. If Ford would have just been up front, most of us wouldn't be stuck waiting forever for our order from our local small dealership. I would have just gone to a larger dealership and paid MSRP before waiting 2 years.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

WELL DONE! This is logic I can at least follow.

TSGT_Rosado

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma SR5/ Lexus IS250 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just spoke to a Ford rep. Anyone who ordered this year (January) should expect a wait of 6 months to a year. Just reconfirming what we already know.
I ordered mine last month (Base SAS, softie) and not expecting the vehicle anytime this year. I went through one of the smaller dealers due to mark ups at the big dealerships. Waiting patiently…

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's nuts they can build 13k in a month yet many of us that reserved the first few hours have no clue when our orders will even be looked at.
The problem is which options you specified. I will bet that most are non-Sasquatch, no trailer pkg, no hardtop.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is which options you specified. I will bet that most are non-Sasquatch, no trailer pkg, no hardtop.
wrong. I have seen quite a few non res walk ins get 2 doors Sasquatch, tow, lux etc.

Cohm0902

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris ohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know how many orders there was for 2021? And how many had to carry over to a 2022 model? So really they cant say 2022 sales, since models were made to convert to a 2022
Sponsored