First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
So are the "produced" Bronco's available for sale and sitting somewhere with a $15k markup? I can't wait until the car market flips here in the next 6-12 months and greedy dealers get burned. Or are they (produced?) sitting somewhere waiting on chips?
Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Careful...you cannot have sales if you cannot produce the vehicles. Look at those on order/deposits down and figure if production could match demand, sales would be off the charts...
Yeah, that is my point. Sales are down because production numbers are down because shortages persist and seem as bad or worse than a year ago.

If someone told me a year ago that start of June ā€˜22 that not only would I not have my Bronco yet, but wouldnā€™t even be scheduled for production, I would have laughed and said that is ridiculous.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
None of those packages should make a difference, Ford knew where they were getting parts from. Ford executives should have seen a problem around the corner!
Boom, ding, ding, ding!

the only company in the world caught with their pants down was Ford!
having to order parts 24-36 months in advance and not forecasting a global manufacturing shutdown... I mean, who hired those IDIOTS???

im with you, you and I all the way, we predict markets years out with total accuracy. Im up $11 billion in the last 24 months shorting futures and energy exchanges. How much are you up?

covid was great for prophits like us!

You obliviously never had to order anything in the past two years. I've had lead times of 180 days for PCs or lead times of two months for freaking washers...
Don't make excuses for your poor planning. Meanwhile, I'm down here loading up on PCV pipe before Texas freezes and domestic factories are shut down.

Don't you understand that literally 100% of global commodities issues are 100% Ford's fault? They lost me. I'll just go down to the Toyota lot and buy a new Tacoma!

What? They don't have any inventory and aren't taking orders? Toyota production is down almost 30%?

Okay, a new Civic then! Huh? Sold out before they are delivered and none on the lots?

Okay, so everything is down to your poor planning, and Ford's fault. Only 2 factors across the entire globe. Just like @Brownmule247 stated!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

so glad I bought a new car in May 21 before ALL the inventory disappeared and prices headed to the rafters, that I predicted correctly, the rest not soo much.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You obliviously never had to order anything in the past two years. I've had lead times of 180 days for PCs or lead times of two months for freaking washers...
So for many of us itā€™s been 770+ days since we reserved a two or four door Badlands or Wildtrak or whatever, and 482+ days since we ordered a specific configuration. Is a 482-770 day lead time enough?

(apparently not)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

so glad I bought a new car in May 21 before ALL the inventory disappeared and prices headed to the rafters, that I predicted correctly, the rest not soo much.
Yeah, I wish I had bought a Gladiator in 2020 when I was considering it.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So for many of us itā€™s been 770+ days since we reserved a two or four door Badlands or Wildtrak or whatever, and 482+ days since we ordered a specific configuration. Is a 482-770 day lead time enough?

(apparently not)
So I've been through two Broncos and waited almost 2 years since my reservation to get it finally.

Shit happens....

I ordered in June 2020 and got the first one delivered in October-14 months later, then waited another 8 months to get the second one after the ADM shit show.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I've been through two Broncos and waited almost 2 years since my reservation to get it finally.

Shit happens....

I ordered in June 2020 and got the first one delivered in October-14 months later, then waited another 8 months to get the second one after the ADM shit show.
Thatā€™s not how itā€™s work for many early reservation holdersā€”not just at Granger and SACā€”many who were well within there dealers 2021 allocations.

Ford botched logistics planning beyond just a MIC fiasco and COVID supply chain issues. A year into production and they still canā€™t build what the market reserved 770 days ago.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford botched logistics planning beyond just a MIC fiasco and COVID supply chain issues. A year into production and they still canā€™t build what the market reserved 770 days ago.
Using the reservation date is bullshit metric anyways-the Bronco was supposed to go into Production in December 2020, but got pushed back till May 2021. So we are only roughly 1 year into production and the first 3-4 months where a complete shitshow with the MIC issues.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boom, ding, ding, ding!

the only company in the world caught with their pants down was Ford!
having to order parts 24-36 months in advance and not forecasting a global manufacturing shutdown... I mean, who hired those IDIOTS???

im with you, you and I all the way, we predict markets years out with total accuracy. Im up $11 billion in the last 24 months shorting futures and energy exchanges. How much are you up?

covid was great for prophits like us!

Don't make excuses for your poor planning. Meanwhile, I'm down here loading up on PCV pipe before Texas freezes and domestic factories are shut down.

Don't you understand that literally 100% of global commodities issues are 100% Ford's fault? They lost me. I'll just go down to the Toyota lot and buy a new Tacoma!

What? They don't have any inventory and aren't taking orders? Toyota production is down almost 30%?

Okay, a new Civic then! Huh? Sold out before they are delivered and none on the lots?

Okay, so everything is down to your poor planning, and Ford's fault. Only 2 factors across the entire globe. Just like @Brownmule247 stated!
Valid point, but keeping on theme... beating a dead horse. It seems it's necessary however. We as a society have gotten weird about finger pointing and needing to blame.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Using the reservation date is bullshit metric anyways-the Bronco was supposed to go into Production in December 2020, but got pushed back till May 2021. So we are only roughly 1 year into production and the first 3-4 months where a complete shitshow with the MIC issues.
Why? Most of us told them how many doors and which series we wanted. They had that information at the end of July 2020 for about half of the 120000 reservations.

If I was in your shoes and had two delivered already, I probably would feel Ford did ok on planning considering the disruptions.

That is not matching up with the reality for many others.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

For the 'glades price, why wouldn't you just go with the WT HOSS 3.0 with Lux and Tow packages?
Because that would be $10K more šŸ˜†

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford is it too much to ask for individual updates when our builds are at dirt mountain? At least a pic of our build. Just something to make just feel a little bit that you care. I mean we only started this journey 685 days ago and some longer.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford is it too much to ask for individual updates when our builds are at dirt mountain? At least a pic of our build. Just something to make just feel a little bit that you care. I mean we only started this journey 685 days ago and some longer.
YES, any information would calm the natives down!!!!!
Sponsored