Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe they’re having issues with the manual. all but 3 manuals got pushed out of my week.

I’m a 2dr manual badlands too. Mine got pushed 3wks but was built at the end of April. Sadly all the builds in the second half of April got Put on hold. They’ve only just now started to trickle off hold.

Finally got a built email 6wks after my build week. Expecting it to be at the dealer next week (local) but now I have the stress of the buying process with price protection and all. It’s been a stressful process from the start but I’ll be ecstatic when my truck is with me.
Yeah - it is built in China which has been shut down.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course, you're looking at a sector that only exists because of government subsidies, and at the expense of phasing out traditional vehicles (and with it workers jobs). I'm all for the free market job creation, but this ain't it.
Which jobs are lost? Still need factory line assemblers. Still need programmers, testers, tires, mechanics, "fuel" stations, people to build, install, and maintain the electrical grids, still need tires, glass, radios, and what not. Just don't need gas and oil. Or oil filters.
I'm not for our against evs, nor do I have an interest in owning one. But I do think people get themselves a little too carried away or exaggerated about investments in evs. I didn't hear anybody bitch and complain about the loss of milk delivery jobs when refrigerators came out, or the loss of vhs/DVD repairmen jobs when YouTube and Netflix came out. Oil is a finite resource that we are going to effectually run out of. Makes sense to have a contingency plan. At least all these new plants and jobs are right here in the USA. Everything else is getting shipped out of the country

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

THIS IS A BUZZ KILL

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to wonder why people with first-week reservations still haven't got a build date. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the dealer? I just got my build date after waiting 677 days. I talked to a guy who ordered the exact same Bronco one year after my order went in and he has the same build week as I do. Another guy with a 4 door, same build, ordered a year after I did! How can this be?
That's a good question. I reserved and ordered the same time 2 days before the March 19th cut off for MY 21. I was very surprised to see an email from Ford on Sunday I was scheduled for week of 6/13.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
114,000+ Built to date. Just over one year into production. There were roughly 150,000 orders. Meaning were only 76% of the way through the list. Meaning yes it could take another 6 months for most of the outstanding orders to be filled. Even if you ordered within the first week or 2.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, that's really bad when you consider that April was already down 17% from March. I wonder if Ford is trying to allocate resources for the Lightning now that Bronco demand has cooled off ever so slightly.
Demand hasn’t cooled. There are thousands of us sitting on early reservations. Supply chain probably.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
114,000+ Built to date. Just over one year into production. There were roughly 150,000 orders. Meaning were only 76% of the way through the list. Meaning yes it could take another 6 months for most of the outstanding orders to be filled. Even if you ordered within the first week or 2.
Are you meaning orders or reservations? Because with 190,000 reservations (before anyone saw one on the lot), then 8 months(?) of walk-in orders and dealer stock, your number seams really small.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you meaning orders or reservations? Because with 190,000 reservations (before anyone saw one on the lot), then 8 months(?) of walk-in orders and dealer stock, your number seams really small.
Those are orders. I forget the order % vs reservations. Theres a sizable difference especially once you factor in all the cancellations.

and as far as im aware walkins and dealer stock is fairly low of the overall percentage

Sponsored

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to say demand has cooled when you have 2 years worth of production already spoken for by customers. Although at this pace plenty of people will have walked away before MY24 and the mid-model refresh of MY25.
If we wouldn't have received our VIN in March...we were headed to a Jeep dealership.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If we wouldn't have received our VIN in March...we were headed to a Jeep dealership.
If I hadn't won a MY21 dealership allocation and still been here in June of the following year without a VIN I was headed...... Back into the garage to work on pre-60's hot rods!

oh wait....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is it too late to everglades my order? Some things I've read limited the glades to order holders. Some limited it to reservation holders.

Never made a reservation. Ordered Black Diamond in December 22.

Screw it. Drop the 2.7 on the BD? There's very few complaints with the 2.3.

I'm sympathetic to those still waiting. I'm also worried about being stuck paying more for a lesser '23.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it too late to everglades my order? Some things I've read limited the glades to order holders. Some limited it to reservation holders.

Never made a reservation. Ordered Black Diamond in December 22.

Screw it. Drop the 2.7 on the BD? There's very few complaints with the 2.3.

I'm sympathetic to those still waiting. I'm also worried about being stuck paying more for a lesser '23.
For the 'glades price, why wouldn't you just go with the WT HOSS 3.0 with Lux and Tow packages?
Sponsored