First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I was tempted to place a reservation at launch didn't. But did place an order Jan 28, 2022 got email that it was built May 25th now awaiting delivery to dealer approx. June 18th. I have no idea why so many who placed reservations have yet to receive them...and as for dealers screwing people with outrageous ADM fees shame on them. I know its a hot vehicle but not a good long term look for these dealers.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why? Most of us told them how many doors and which series we wanted. They had that information at the end of July 2020 for about half of the 120000 reservations.

If I was in your shoes and had two delivered already, I probably would feel Ford did ok on planning considering the disruptions.

That is not matching up with the reality for many others.
I never got the first one...you must be new around here ;)

Anyways-simple answer supply issues. Why is Ford having such a hard time with something so basic as the towing package with trailer control? That would explain why higher trim levels like the Wildtrack are having such a hard time being built. Lots of constraints on a single model.

If your subs can't come through, you can't build products.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
However, there weren't really 150K orders. 150K people may have put down $100.

No way conversion rate of reservation to actual order was 100%. Lots of debate here, but my guess based on experience in conversion rates in a lot of different industries, is that well under 50% of the original reservations put an order in, when push came to shove.
There were ~ 150,000 reservations in the first week. And it looks like its about a 70% rate of people placing orders. So thats 102,000+ orders from first week reservations.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You obliviously never had to order anything in the past two years. I've had lead times of 180 days for PCs or lead times of two months for freaking washers...
I’ve ordered plenty of things and nothing I’ve ordered, big or small has taken more than three months! Having to wait a year or two for a vehicle is ludicrous. I’d be willing to bet there are employees in Ford who saw this coming and they were ignored!!

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well after reading all the horror stories on here from the Reservation to order guys getting the shaft and the outrageous ADMs Im throwing in the towel and canceling my order. Interest rates gone up over a point since I placed my order in Feb this year. I ask my salesman about allocations and my position in they’re orders on the books and I get nothing! I watch you guys getting screwed when your Bronco shows up and its dam disgusting ! My salesman texted me a couple weeks ago that they had a Black Diamond in stock come on down and we’ll make a deal…. I texted him back is it Velocity Blue 2 Door 2.7L ? Cricket’s! It finally appears on they’re website. Black 4 door soft top 2.3L Black Diamond steel wheels 45K MSRP 20K ADM! 😆 I just shook my head. But of course it was gone in a couple days. I bought a Lease return F150 Diesel and I love it fully loaded leather yada yada. And I got it for what I would have paid for my Bronco on order and it will pull 24 miles to the gallon combined all day. And the dealer let me have a lil off the price which took a couple of get ups and walk to the door. Try that with a Bronco now…. I was ready to buy in 2002 or 2003 when they first proposed building a retro Bronco but then it was going to have they 2.5L powestroke diesel the rest of the world could get as a option. But they waited all these years to create this customer relations disaster! Good Luck to you all! To those that paid all the crazy ADMs I’ll buy it from you in a few years when its half the MSRP!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m a day 3 reservation (that’s 687 days ago per Siri) with a basic Big Bend build that’s been in production since January 21 (132 days ago). No car, no build date. Take a look at the 1/17 build week thread. A shit ton of folks in the same boat as me. I can’t buy it if you can’t or won’t sell it to me.
The local honda dealership has a basic Big Bend Bronco in Race Red for only $63k. Talk about that sweet ADM for at maximum a $43k Bronco. It's not used, it never spent any time with the person who ordered it, and is obviously a dealer flip.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The local honda dealership has a basic Big Bend Bronco in Race Red for only $63k. Talk about that sweet ADM for at maximum a $43k Bronco. It's not used, it never spent any time with the person who ordered it, and is obviously a dealer flip.
Stuff like that makes my stomach turn. Crazy thing is they’ll probably find a buyer for somewhere north of $50k. When I got the email in November that I was scheduled for production I was pretty enthused. It’s been a pretty rough 7 months since then….

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stuff like that makes my stomach turn. Crazy thing is they’ll probably find a buyer for somewhere north of $50k. When I got the email in November that I was scheduled for production I was pretty enthused. It’s been a pretty rough 7 months since then….

Same here, because I know that it's just not right. I understand that people are going to game the system, but Ford practically encouraged it. With only minimal effort, they could have prevented much of this and customers would have been far more understanding. Ford's poor management of the situation has eroded much good will that existed as a result.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To make you feel worse ~110k built overall. (I'm a day 6 reservation and no build date...)
Right there with you. I am a first week for 2022 reservation holder as well.

Sponsored

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Boom, ding, ding, ding!

the only company in the world caught with their pants down was Ford!
having to order parts 24-36 months in advance and not forecasting a global manufacturing shutdown... I mean, who hired those IDIOTS???

im with you, you and I all the way, we predict markets years out with total accuracy. Im up $11 billion in the last 24 months shorting futures and energy exchanges. How much are you up?

covid was great for prophits like us!

Don't make excuses for your poor planning. Meanwhile, I'm down here loading up on PCV pipe before Texas freezes and domestic factories are shut down.

Don't you understand that literally 100% of global commodities issues are 100% Ford's fault? They lost me. I'll just go down to the Toyota lot and buy a new Tacoma!

What? They don't have any inventory and aren't taking orders? Toyota production is down almost 30%?

Okay, a new Civic then! Huh? Sold out before they are delivered and none on the lots?

Okay, so everything is down to your poor planning, and Ford's fault. Only 2 factors across the entire globe. Just like @Brownmule247 stated!
Funny! 🤬

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here, because I know that it's just not right. I understand that people are going to game the system, but Ford practically encouraged it. With only minimal effort, they could have prevented much of this and customers would have been far more understanding. Ford's poor management of the situation has eroded much good will that existed as a result.
my sentiments exactly! I do believe that the first year of Covid SOMEONE at Ford could have known of the possibility of shortages and at least been honest about it.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Valid point, but keeping on theme... beating a dead horse. It seems it's necessary however. We as a society have gotten weird about finger pointing and needing to blame.
Possibly, but the finger pointing is where it should be, none of the people who ordered know the inner workings at Ford. I’ll keep beating that dead horse until I get a bit of honest communication from Ford!

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well after reading all the horror stories on here from the Reservation to order guys getting the shaft and the outrageous ADMs Im throwing in the towel and canceling my order. Interest rates gone up over a point since I placed my order in Feb this year. I ask my salesman about allocations and my position in they’re orders on the books and I get nothing! I watch you guys getting screwed when your Bronco shows up and its dam disgusting ! My salesman texted me a couple weeks ago that they had a Black Diamond in stock come on down and we’ll make a deal…. I texted him back is it Velocity Blue 2 Door 2.7L ? Cricket’s! It finally appears on they’re website. Black 4 door soft top 2.3L Black Diamond steel wheels 45K MSRP 20K ADM! 😆 I just shook my head. But of course it was gone in a couple days. I bought a Lease return F150 Diesel and I love it fully loaded leather yada yada. And I got it for what I would have paid for my Bronco on order and it will pull 24 miles to the gallon combined all day. And the dealer let me have a lil off the price which took a couple of get ups and walk to the door. Try that with a Bronco now…. I was ready to buy in 2002 or 2003 when they first proposed building a retro Bronco but then it was going to have they 2.5L powestroke diesel the rest of the world could get as a option. But they waited all these years to create this customer relations disaster! Good Luck to you all! To those that paid all the crazy ADMs I’ll buy it from you in a few years when its half the MSRP!
You'll probably have a selection of used mall-crawlers to choose from. Not only are these guys paying AMDs, they're burning cash on gasoline, all for an image. If buying used, you better check the 4-low and other features still work, or have frozen up through lack of use, lol.
Sponsored