Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bronco May 2023 Sales & Production Figures
  • Bronco May Sales: 8,211 Sales (YTD): 50,124 vehicles.
    • May sales represent a 13.4% decrease from April.
  • Bronco May Production: 14,877 vehicles. Production (YTD): 61,619 vehicles.
    • May production represents a 34.5% increase from April.
See April 2023 results

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Bronco May 2023 Sales: 8,211 Sold / 14,877 Produced ford-may-2023-u-s-sales-data-1

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Bronco May 2023 Sales: 8,211 Sold / 14,877 Produced ford-may-2023-u-s-sales-data-2

Ford Bronco πŸ“ˆ Bronco May 2023 Sales: 8,211 Sold / 14,877 Produced ford-may-2023-u-s-sales-data-3
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
does sales include orders, or just physical dealer sales?

wonder if the decrease in sales from April to May is the effect of higher interest rates?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you help me understand these numbers. at face value they imply imbalance of supply and demand, which should be accompanied by falling prices. Looking back over a year's worth of posts like this, I see produced>sold for the entire time, yet in stock Broncos are rare. Does that mean that there is an alternative distribution channel somewhere that the "sold" number does not capture?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The off site hold vehicles could be increasing or the transport pipeline is filling up.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the term pull thru is good here. They are produced but have not been sold. Sold is the pull thru as they have been pulled thru the production process to point of sale.

With the larger disparity between produces and sold like said delivery chain, off site holding for random parts, and even to some degree any offset from each end of the month as there are some sold at the beginning of the month produced the prior month.

I would think the rolling avg of the delta between produced and sold could be a decent indicator of how this model/plant is performing. Higher percent between produced and sold = something is slowing things down.

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you help me understand these numbers. at face value they imply imbalance of supply and demand, which should be accompanied by falling prices. Looking back over a year's worth of posts like this, I see produced>sold for the entire time, yet in stock Broncos are rare. Does that mean that there is an alternative distribution channel somewhere that the "sold" number does not capture?
These are US-only sales, so it excludes Canada, Mexico or any other export market.
On the other hand, Broncos are exclusively produced in the US, including those destined for export markets like Canada et al.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
does sales include orders, or just physical dealer sales?

wonder if the decrease in sales from April to May is the effect of higher interest rates?
Sales are counted as the vehicles delivered and title transferred to customers.
If Ford or the dealership still holds the title, then it's inventory.

MontanaMountainMan

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gives a sense of scale to the recent production and shipping delays. Hopefully clears up soon.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The difference is the huge number of Broncos sitting at MAP that are built but not shipped due to unknown issues.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just shows what a crappy job Ford and anyone involved in their logistics is doing....

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just shows what a crappy job Ford and anyone involved in their logistics is doing....
When I took delivery of my Tesla last summer it took 48 hours from rolling out of the factory in Fremont, CA and me taking delivery in Portland, Oregon. My Bronco was finally built today and doing some research based on others in my area it usually takes 5-8 weeks to get from MAP to my l dealer here in Portland 😐

ADK23

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I took delivery of my Tesla last summer it took 48 hours from rolling out of the factory in Fremont, CA and me taking delivery in Portland, Oregon. My Bronco was finally built today and doing some research based on others in my area it usually takes 5-8 weeks to get from MAP to my l dealer here in Portland 😐
Tesla is a different animal for sure but I own both a β€˜23 Bronco 2 door and a Tesla Model Y. When my Bronco was finished on the assembly line in the first week of March I received delivery on Long Island NY within a week. Not bad and fairly similar to my Tesla. BTW- my wife and I are over the moon in love with the Bronco !! We keep the roof off at all times and just have such a ball driving around. Amazing truck !

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tesla is a different animal for sure but I own both a β€˜23 Bronco 2 door and a Tesla Model Y. When my Bronco was finished on the assembly line in the first week of March I received delivery on Long Island NY within a week. Not bad and fairly similar to my Tesla. BTW- my wife and I are over the moon in love with the Bronco !! We keep the roof off at all times and just have such a ball driving around. Amazing truck !
I’ve been waiting almost 2 years for my 2 door Sasquatch Bronco so hopefully the end of ordering saga goes quckly so I can enjoy the summer here in Oregon. I have a Model Y performance as well πŸ‘πŸ»

MontanaMountainMan

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In fairness to the Bronco re: Tesla, Tesla hasn't shipped even one Cybertruck (or Roadster 2.0), overshooting initial delivery date by multiple years, while Rivian and Ford both have reasonable EV truck offerings on the market today. Ford has manufacturing and logistics issues, but I wouldn't hold Tesla up as the example of doing it right.
Sponsored