indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good point. I bet the the largest demographic for Harley Owners is "mid-life crisis age to retirement age" accountants and dentists.
Below is a link to one of the Jeep Wrangler JL polls that I recalled, indicating a larger number of older folks buying the more expensive premium Rubicon model.

To be clear, I'm not claiming that poll is scientific or for sure indicative of the larger population of buyers. But it aligned with some other patterns I had noticed over there. Reading some of the comments from older folks, who's kids have flown the coupe, have always wanted a Jeep, no longer have as much debt and payments, etc ... deciding to splurge for the upscale version.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-is-the-average-age-of-a-jl-rubicon-owner.51454/
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good point. I bet the the largest demographic for Harley Owners is "mid-life crisis age to retirement age" accountants and dentists.

Well, sure, kinda like owning a new corvette, you've got to be fairly successful to afford one. That is usually people who've been in the work force for a while. Besides, young folks don't like their motorcycle to shake the crap out of them and dump oil in their garage. ;)

But it's not mid life crisis, it's I've always wanted one and I can now afford it.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that since 1. both the lux and high packages were locked out on many trims, guys felt the need to splurge for the lux if it was made available to them. Also, 2. Ford isnt offering a stand-alone upgraded stereo for the bronco, which is another big factor. If lux didnt have the stereo baked in, and was just a bunch of random tech, the %s we're looking at would probably be halved. So both those packaging tactics from Ford prevailed.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The last time I had something close to this was 33 years ago.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought it would be interesting to see how some options break down by model. Some of these stats made perfect sense to me, and some others left me scratching my head. Either way, I found it interesting to see how these options break down by model.

1612204459948.png
This tells me the poors are the main ones buying the 2 door.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am also surprised that the Wildtrak is 15% of all orders, and the OBX sas is 4% of all orders. I would think more guys would want the OBX sas build for interior purposes. They price about the same, up and down once you add sas to the OBX...and the OBX doesnt have funky mismatched mirrors from the hardtop debacle

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anti-matter blue looks too purplish for me. I don't love any of the colors this year honestly. I was leaning Cactus Grey, but its too mint green in person for my taste. If 2022 has better options, I might wait for that. I don't understand why they didn't offer Leadfoot Grey, which is their best color in my opinion.
Fair. Black should be awesome! Loved the "Vader" one with the black top that was posted here.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kinda blown away how popular Oxford white is.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

this really goes to show how ford screwed up the trim levels

maybe we are a biased group but it seems like most of the people are going high.

The main reason im badlands is simply because it has auto disconnect and wash out floors

I wonder what this list would look like if all broncos had washout interior with auto disconnect
I think Ford put their packages together to get this exact result. Ford is getting an extra ~$4500 out of me because I can't get a BD with the MT and mid package so I have to go up to a BL. I'm guessing a lot of the MT BLs are probably in the same boat.

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on the data, an Bronco with an automatic transmission and no package at all (Mid, High, Lux) is going to be super rare.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Kinda blown away how popular Oxford white is.
I think the OW looks great, but my better half nixed it because she doesn't want the OJ associations.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where are you getting your order number?

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excellent information to chew on. Thanks!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs