First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€˜m not sure thereā€™s an answer to give.

Regarding the tops, from my perspective the MIC is just cheap plastic that will fade rather quickly over time. The modular top is basically a painted body panel that can continue to look great. And I think it looks better in the first place.

Now if youā€™re going to have the top off a lot or youā€™re going to beat the crap out of it in the woods, then MIC probably makes more sense.
I guess I was mostly curious about the difference in the tops. Which I was able to find on another thread around here somewheres.

But I think you probably hit on the answer. Folks don't see much difference, and maybe there wont be much difference at first, and have other things they'd like to put their dollars towards. But one may/will wear better than the other.

I'm going with the modular, because I want to get the air flowing, and I'd like to keep my options open. Hearing/reading about the material differences just supports that choice for me.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone ever answer you here? Iā€™m still trying to understand the difference that makes the modular top more expensive. As far as I can tell they all come apart the same?
Painted panels vs. just a molded plastic, and the additional modularity (removable rear side windows on both 2 and 4 door, and additional gunner's hatch on 2 door).

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do we have updated stats?
Sponsored