Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like nearly a 60% manual take rate for 2.3L ... cool!
For people who want a manual it's not like they have a choice. If the 2.7l was offered with the manual I bet we would have seen a lot less 2.3l overall.

cburke996

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the manual take rate here is lower than the general public? I recall many saying it would be skewed to a higher percentage here.
Its funny the overall manual take rate is higher at 18% v 15%, but manual take rate of 4cyl buyers are lower. Weird

B6G manual take rate with 2.3L ................57%
All orders manual take rate with 2.3L ...45%

EEliason

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to see a state to population analysis. Is the table available like it was earlier on?

Sponsored

BroncoTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Bronco, 2014 crossover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who would spend the money on a new Bronco, and an auto transmission, but stick with the 2.3L? At the point of buying this luxury off-roader, the price is already jaw-dropping. I don't think the mileage is going to be different enough to say "I wanted to save gas money".

I guess some people wanted to use the $1800 on new rims/tires/etc maybe?

Last edited:

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who would spend the money on a new Bronco, and an auto transmission, but stick with the 2.7L? At the point of buying this luxury off-roader, the price is already jaw-dropping. I don't think the mileage is going to be different enough to say "I wanted to save gas money".

I guess some people wanted to use the $1800 on new rims/tires/etc maybe?
Honestly the difference is overblown. I'm also not in the spending insane money on my BD to start and vehicles are not an investment (and I plan to actually beat on this thing). So I'm your huckleberry.
  • Most likely a delay for the 2.7 (the main reason I have a 2.3A but not only)
  • 2.3 has more HP and torque than any previous Bronco.
  • Gets great reviews, reliable, and will be fine in any scenario this vehicle is designed for.
  • Most people trade/sell the vehicle before engine longevity comes into play (long after payments are done). Personally if I love this thing, and I think I will, I'll flip it when they make some model changes and I have some experience behind the wheel and dial in the next build.
  • Tow limit is 3500 anyways.
  • I'm not drag racing, live in high altitude, and is a daily driver.
  • $32/month for "I may need it" or "bigger is better" over 5y is not my style.
  • But If I really feel I need more I'll get the tune
Note that ROI is actually decent on the 2.7 too for trade-in when you're done. It's not a bad move just not a needed one in this scenario for most.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. List has been corrected!

STATES (TOP 10)
California
Texas
Florida
Michigan
Colorado
New York
Virginia
North Carolina
Georgia
Illinois
Pennsylvania
I think it would be more interesting to see the states on a per capita basis. Big population states are going to be in the top ten, but which states are highest per capita? Those are the real enthusiasts.

I3RONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyotas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that 2-door percentage surprised Ford! And nearly 50% opted for Lux...wow!
The ratio is closer to 2/3 than 1/2. This is also probably the closest it will ever be if you look at the Wrangler #s over the past 13 years. Just my opinion of course...with a little probability & stats mixed in😎

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why do you think ford expects OBX will be the hot seller? I figured it be Big Bend.
I think it has to do with OBX having access to all the creature comforts, lights, leather, etc, without having to jump up to badlands, or wildtrak.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I waited until the last second to change my color based on this because I wanted the least popular one. So Iconic Silver it is (which I actually really like).

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Retired teamster
I remember being a kid and thinking, all the old guys have the sweetest vehicles and they're too old to enjoy them. Now I'm retired, and Hell yeah, I can afford the sweet rides and will definitely enjoy them.
Sponsored