Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So Granger should have been more clear and upfront, but Ford gets a pass on it? Ford is running the show...they've got the big-boy pants on. They're making the decisions to change things up and they can face the criticism that comes from those decisions.

Granger/Stevens/etc didn't come up with the reservation system, that was Ford. Maybe that's why you guys are confused on this topic? Hope this helps clear it up.

I'm holding off judgment until I know it's real and can evaluate what this means for me, but this relentless need to play defense for Ford and try to blame-shift their fuckups is pretty weird.
The thing is dealers live or die by whatever policies Ford see's fit to put in place. The point many here miss is the dealers are Fords customers and we are the dealers customers. The dealer is the one that needs to communicate to us. They have a meeting every Monday with Ford, so they can't use the excuse they don't know what's going on.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They may be a fine dealer, but did people really think they have some magic power to get enough allocations to cover so many reservations in 1 year? You have yours, so you can praise them. What about those that may still be waiting a year from now? My belief is they should have made it more clear that many would be waiting a long while to get their Bronco.
What would they have made more clear? Ford at the time said they were going to build basically in timestamp order, with only batching and constraints altering that. They said they would build reservations in that order before stock. Granger had no reason to assume they would fold like a cheap suit when a couple of big dealers yelled at the new CEO….but they did. That’s not Granger’s fault.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My logic is that many people are allegedly unhappy with traditional distribution. Ford modified to to make it more competitive for the customer, and those folks are unhappy that they're not being built in exactly the order of timestamp. It would be incredibly inefficient to build them that way.

If this was the normal way that Ford distributed production, you would have seen markups on every Bronco, not just the ones that shake free. This system allowed you as a consumer to shop dealers for the best deal on a factory order, under the old system that wasn't really possible.
The consumer has ALWAYS been able to shop for the best deal for either an order or off the lot, from any dealer they so choose, this is not some new invention.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

24 straight hours of fighting guys, time to go to your corners and call it a day.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hear yah, for me though an early reservation is reserving before people could even see the vehicle in person or test drive. I don't roll that way when buying a vehicle. And so by Ford catering to those sort of people, Ford basically booted me to the back of the bus.

It's interesting that 40k or more persons would reserve but not order. Along with people playing games with multiped reservations, failing to pickup orders and things of that nature. Not a fan of the reservation scheme. If I never have to hear the term "reservation time stamp" again it will be too soon, lol.

That's why our store didn't require additional deposit upon ordering, we understand people want a chance to drive it/see/touch. We have yet to have someone back out after driving it. We made it clear that we didn't want the order if they weren't planning on following through.

Markups would be through the roof if there was no reservation system, especially now that we've seen the markups that are happening to everyday vehicles as a result of the supply chain issues.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The consumer has ALWAYS been able to shop for the best deal for either an order or off the lot, from any dealer they so chose, this is not some new invention.
You are correct, but reservations gave the consumer way more power on a hot new product. Our store was planning for markup on all Bronco before the reservation system and allocation formulas were fully understood. Once we realized there was an opportunity to earn marketshare by offering a special, we did.

As designed, most of the switchers were within 100 miles of our store, we didn't want the reach of Granger or Stephens' deal, too many logistical issues for no long term customer gain.

Many dealers (like us) are offering MSRP as a direct result of the reservation system, same with Mach-E. We can't keep Mach-E in stock even with the markup, but reservation holders pay MSRP as agreed. Any time we get a cancelled Mach-E that's already built, we have a deposit on it within hours, over MSRP.

Markups are being driven by two factors, low inventory as a whole, and hot new product on the ground.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems every change that has been made since the introduction of the reservation system has been to the benefit of large volume dealers.

This MY22 formula only serves to reinforce favor to the high volume dealers. I feel like the average customer was played by Ford to measure market potential and establish an initial allocation to the dealership model. After the initial play was complete, the customers who opted to go with smaller dealers who are less likely to screw the customer, got screwed by Ford.

We have seen for MONTHS now that Ford can build a vehicle and hold it at Dirt Mountain for "reasons." There is nothing that says Ford can build to the reservation stamp and "hold" it till a delivery can be arranged to the small dealership who might only get a truck once a month. We've seen trucks loaded with Ford vehicles that come from different production plants, so this is not a far fetched idea. No need to pander and assume ignorance of stock flow and commodity restraints to justify delays on reserved orders over large volume dealer greed. Switching the rules again and again to satisfy the big dealers is really hurting the brand in the long run.
Do you just disregard what the complaining on this thread is about? I reserved in February but know that there are others who reserved before me with that same build that are still waiting. Explain why we should wait longer than the person who didn't put an order directly through the dealer should get one so quickly?? I get it you favor an Allocation system. We, the customers were offered a Reservation system. To keep customers happy and to money exchanging hands Ford should be sending built orders to the customers that reserved them in an order that matches reservation timeline. I get it if Ford wants to produce Big Bends for 3 days to maintain efficiency as long as they are building them in reservation timeline. Same goes for any trim level. Why use a reservation system to determine demand and geographics to then throw it out the window? What happens when those dealers are sitting on Broncos that they have to sell under MSRP because the market is tapped out already? I know seems impossible in this Market but it will happen and I would bet this year because Ford has a demographic for this vehicle that they are pushing to the wayside. As a business would you rather sell to the customer at 2% off MSRP - MSRP as soon as the vehicle hits your lot or under MSRP 5 months from the time it hits your lot?
The only thing worse than Ford f*cking over its customers is Ford dealers patronizing those customers with half-fast explanations of how Ford did the right thing and we're all just too stupid to understand. You want to know why people hate dealing with car dealerships? Look in the mirror.
Seems like all the dealers in this thread so strongly defending Ford's MY22 allocation policy are going to greatly benefit from it. So they are trying to tamp down the complaints as they are deathly afraid Ford will change it again to be more fair to the consumers and reservation holders.

There is a reason that car salepeople / dealerships are rated second to last in Trusted Professionals, just ahead of politicians, they have a well earned reputation for being less than honest, fortunately if you look long and hard enough you can find a few honest ones, however, Ford is trying to make that as hard as possible.

America's Most & Least Trusted Professions

2f2019-2f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg-jpg.jpg

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No. There is a correlation between a few people vulgarly complaining about his Raptor policy and him leaving the forum. But he did come back today.
correct ✊

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I get it, it was always a head scratcher to me why people were chasing a couple thousand bucks across the country a 1000 miles away thinking that one dealer was going to get several thousand of these cars more than another dealer, but then again I don't know shit about this industry. I do understand the old adage of bending over a dollar to pick up a dime though.
For me personally, the peace of mind I’ve had is worth more than the $3500 I saved. Bonus is the road trip home in the Bronco.

Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They may be a fine dealer, but did people really think they have some magic power to get enough allocations to cover so many reservations in 1 year? You have yours, so you can praise them. What about those that may still be waiting a year from now? My belief is they should have made it more clear that many would be waiting a long while to get their Bronco.

me:
When we signed up for the bronco reservation, most of us assumed it would be built based upon time stamp. I doubt many of us were thinking about what some individual dealer allocation would be. I had no idea about that. As far as I figured, if I was the 40kth person to reserve, then I would be in line for the 40kth bronco built. The dealers did not know the allocation plan until ?September, which is way removed from the reservation start of July, and Granger's 1000$ under invoice offer in July. So Granger couldn’t have been gaming the system, or could not have been more transparent when they didn’t know what their allocation would be, or if there would even be a distribution based on allocation. As you can see, Ford changed the system anyway (because of Granger no doubt).

Sep 28, 2020 from Zach@Granger
The 3 factors in the allocation process are the number of reservations of a store, market size and Ford sales of that dealership. We can control 2 out of those 3. We are doing our best to sell as many Ford vehicles possible, even purchasing inventory from other Ford dealerships local to us to sell in an effort to increase our sales numbers. The biggest piece of the puzzle comes with adding more reservations that convert to orders.

this is from toystwo post;
Oct 26, 2020

Edit: Lots of confusion. I take responsibility, I’m sure if I were a better writer there would have been much less.

Bullet point boil down before reading the original post:

Point 1 - Last Week Ford significantly changed the production order of Broncos (see attachment shared only with dealers).

Point 2 - Yesterday Ford revised their end consumer Q&A “Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?”. They either did not tell us about the Point 1 change, or they did it in a way that no one would understand. The change significantly impacts production order for some customers.

Point 3: What does it mean to me?
If you do not have a early reservation, you may not receive your Bronco in rough production order. Basically, if you order through a dealer that has outsize sales compared to their market/normal volumes they may not receive your Bronco on a timely basis. So dealership price & service are no longer the only metrics to consider.

Point 4: Ford should share this information with us and they haven’t.

On to the original post:

Ford is using full transparency in explaining they have changed the way production will be allocated by inserting the incredibly descriptive term “residency” in the new FAQ.

For those that don’t know, Ford has added a dealer allocation formula to how Bronco production will be distributed. This means Ford lied in the original FAQ when they said reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order as received. Ford presumably did this at the behest of large dealers who were unhappy with the large # of orders going to smaller deep discounting dealers. So now, some Broncos will be fulfilled in rough reservation order but many will not.

Also note - Ford has removed their promise of all reservations being satisfied before dealer stock is built!

Unbelievable - what slimeball moves.

Original Q&A
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

New Q&A
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Hello,

We know you are excited to get your new Ford Bronco™, and we are committed to delivering a high‑quality product as soon as we can.

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

In May 2021, once we review all submitted orders and can forecast production, we will provide you with an estimated window of when you can expect to take delivery of your Bronco. Initial customer deliveries are now expected to begin in summer 2021. Given demand, we anticipate deliveries to continue through the 2022 calendar year, with some customers getting a 2022 model‑year Bronco.

If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer. You can also contact Ford Motor Company’s Marketing Program Headquarters at 80‌0‑33‌4‑‌43‌75 or view our FAQs here.

Sincerely,

The Ford Bronco Team

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly how concrete can they be when Ford itself can't be anything close?
They were completely transparent each and every time anyone asked about timing.
I wonder how many didn't ask?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll explain that to you, rather simply as well.

They chased a deal that was a certain percentage below invoice, and honestly, I think very few actually did the math.

Trust me, I checked the Granger & Stephen's deals last year. But to ship the Bronco to me, or go get and drive home, I would've been back at MSRP. And that's not including my time to go get it.

But not many people look that deep into it. They see MSRP all over and then see something below that and they jump all over it. 🤷‍♂️
I did the math. Stephens Auto Center offered $1000 below invoice. I contacted four dealers in my area and the best one would do is MSRP. I ordered a lux BL with add ons. Stephens saved me $3100 over any locals. Stephens is 3.5 hour drive away. So basically I am saving $442 an hour to drive to West Virginia.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They chased a deal that was a certain percentage below invoice, and honestly, I think very few actually did the math.

Trust me, I checked the Granger & Stephen's deals last year. But to ship the Bronco to me, or go get and drive home, I would've been back at MSRP. And that's not including my time to go get it.

But not many people look that deep into it. They see MSRP all over and then see something below that and they jump all over it. 🤷‍♂️
Not the case for all of us. My flight to Iowa will be $120 and 11hrs of driving home. Savings for me off of MSRP is close to $3k plus I avoid the $5-10k ADM that local dealers are doing. So that’s a $8k-$13k savings. Then times that by 2 since getting a MY21 and a MY23. If I want the Bronco shipped, it’ll be $450-500.

i did the same thing w/ my truck. Saved $7k, flew to TX, drove home 11hrs and spent $150 in fuel.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored