Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The thing is dealers live or die by whatever policies Ford see's fit to put in place. The point many here miss is the dealers are Fords customers and we are the dealers customers. The dealer is the one that needs to communicate to us. They have a meeting every Monday with Ford, so they can't use the excuse they don't know what's going on.
"The thing is dealers live or die by whatever policies Ford see's fit to put in place".

i can only give you my experience regarding this. after the dealer hijacked our two reservations, my son spoke to the dealer general manager and a ford rep; same time; 3 way call. ford rep tried to convince dealer gm to reinstate our reservations; dealer said they would look into it. end of call. next my son and i talked to the dealer gm on 3 way call. he said no...not gonna reinstate reservations. he knew that ford could do nothing to the dealership.

so then ford took two months to come up with the dealer override system b/c dealers refused to play ball with customers; that system was the --call ford to make new reservations. which worked, i got mine in 3/19 and 3/25 i think, but clearly, ford has less control over the dealers than at least i thought. so i am changing your statement to; "the thing is, ford lives or dies by whatever the dealers demand".

i wish we could just buy direct from ford and skip the dealers. that emerald green bronco at the top of this thread; just gorgeous, yahoo!! white top, white striping, white wheels, fender delete; come on 2022; i am about reservation #1100 at granger for the 2022's, er...or would that be 2023?
Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And that's a good deal for you. For me it wasn't.
My post was in reference to the people on the other side of the country that place orders to save something like (just throwing out a number) $1200 under MSRP, but then end up spending $1350 to have it shipped to them. Or maybe they buy a plane ticket, rent rooms in a hotel, eat along the way and spend a week driving home. Maybe they technically save $150 under MSRP, but they don't account for what their time is worth.

Most seem to forget that MSRP vs Invoice wasn't a very big number.
1400$ to ship to south florida. not everything is about the money.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that's a good deal for you. For me it wasn't.
My post was in reference to the people on the other side of the country that place orders to save something like (just throwing out a number) $1200 under MSRP, but then end up spending $1350 to have it shipped to them. Or maybe they buy a plane ticket, rent rooms in a hotel, eat along the way and spend a week driving home. Maybe they technically save $150 under MSRP, but they don't account for what their time is worth.

Most seem to forget that MSRP vs Invoice wasn't a very big number.
So, fictional people? Are these people in the room with you right now? Do they talk to you?

Even if those people exist, maybe there's something else that they care about more than how much they saved? It's not always about money.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems like all the dealers in this thread so strongly defending Ford's MY22 allocation policy are going to greatly benefit from it. So they are trying to tamp down the complaints as they are deathly afraid Ford will change it again to be more fair to the consumers and reservation holders.

There is a reason that car salepeople / dealerships are rated second to last in Trusted Professionals, just ahead of politicians, they have a well earned reputation for being less than honest, fortunately if you look long and hard enough you can find a few honest ones, however, Ford is trying to make that as hard as possible.

America's Most & Least Trusted Professions

2f2019-2f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg-jpg.jpg
This is certainly expected just like most of those upset are afraid it will hurt them. The reactions just matter what side you are on. The complaining would go away if people felt they could get their Bronco sooner because of the change. Many that chose a large dealer may end up benefitting by the changes.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is certainly expected just like most of those upset are afraid it will hurt them. The reactions just matter what side you are on. The complaining would go away if people felt they could get their Bronco sooner because of the change. Many that chose a large dealer may end up benefitting by the changes.
The “complaining would go away” if people though the process was fair…that’s it. Those big dealer beneficiaries you love so much will be buying the hundreds of stock units with ADM that they get while people who are in line at smaller dealers wait. That’s the problem…an unfair process that differs from what @Ford Motor Company promised.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me personally, the peace of mind I’ve had is worth more than the $3500 I saved. Bonus is the road trip home in the Bronco.
That's exactly the way I see it too. I wanted a dealer that I was confident wasn't going to dick me around, my interactions with a few of the dealers here left me with very positive impressions (Granger and Chapman specifically). I would do business with either of them. Moon TWP Ford by contrast would never convince me to order from them.

Granger was $3550 under MAS, which was already $800 under MSRP. That's a bit more than $1200.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The “complaining would go away” if people though the process was fair…that’s it. Those big dealer beneficiaries you love so much will be buying the hundreds of stock units with ADM that they get while people who are in line at smaller dealers wait. That’s the problem…an unfair process that differs from what @Ford Motor Company promised.
The way I see it, people only care about themselves. The process would be fair if they had their Bronco in their driveway. Someone else gets ahead because of a policy change, not fair. In the end, more will likely get their Bronco faster that went with a big dealer, so more happy customers. People had plenty of time to choose a dealer. If you chose wrong, hard to blame Ford for that. You need to take ownership for your own choices.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put me on record…the allocation formula should be flushed down the toilet

Ford Bronco đź“Š 2022 Bronco Allocations Formula Per Dealer 1F4C03CB-EFC5-49F3-B200-35914CC0A850
I'm listening, what do you propose?
I'm all all in for the reservation timestamp. Fords refusal to not honor X-plan made the res method a free-for-all..... good thing you are still local to me.
BTW, Appreciate you!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll explain that to you, rather simply as well.

They chased a deal that was a certain percentage below invoice, and honestly, I think very few actually did the math.

Trust me, I checked the Granger & Stephen's deals last year. But to ship the Bronco to me, or go get and drive home, I would've been back at MSRP. And that's not including my time to go get it.

But not many people look that deep into it. They see MSRP all over and then see something below that and they jump all over it. 🤷‍♂️
I'm saving nearly $4k...it will cost me 20 hours round trip and a 1 way car rental. It's an absolute no brainer in my case and has allowed me to jump trim levels and options groups while remaining on budget.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's exactly the way I see it too. I wanted a dealer that I was confident wasn't going to dick me around, my interactions with a few of the dealers here left me with very positive impressions (Granger and Chapman specifically). I would do business with either of them. Moon TWP Ford by contrast would never convince me to order from them.
You were impressed by their interactions and pricing. That interaction drew in a lot of reservations that under 21 allocation guidelines would take time to fulfill. With the 22 guidelines, it seems the fulfillment time will be longer. Somehow, that doesn't convince me to order with them. I want a vehicle while I'm still able to drive.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way I see it, people only care about themselves. The process would be fair if they had their Bronco in their driveway. Someone else gets ahead because of a policy change, not fair. In the end, more will likely get their Bronco faster that went with a big dealer, so more happy customers. People had plenty of time to choose a dealer. If you chose wrong, hard to blame Ford for that. You need to take ownership for your own choices.
No, because Ford keeps changing the allocation formulas.
First, it was by timestamp, then they added market share and converted orders (fair enough)., now they're changing it again for 22 by basing it on a 3 year sales record and Bronco Sport sales? How the hell can buyers or sellers base their decisions on these constantly changing formulas?
I've refrained from Bashing Ford, but this lack of consistency has become a real problem for both the buyer and seller.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, none of that is true. You care about only you…but that’s not universal. Don’t mirror image on everyone else. Everything else you said is false. Total crapola.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, because Ford keeps changing the allocation formulas.
First, it was by timestamp, then they added market share and converted orders (fair enough)., now they're changing it again for 22 by basing it on a 3 year sales record and Bronco Sport sales? How the hell can buyers or sellers base their decisions on these constantly changing formulas?
I've refrained from Bashing Ford, but this lack of consistency has become a real problem for both the buyer and seller.
Exactly. This CEO couldn’t make a firm decision to save his life. He is bullied by a small percentage of dealers into constant change at their direction, not his. He won’t last long. He is spineless. This backpedal allocation crap is comical it’s so spineless. @Ford Motor Company

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm listening, what do you propose?
I'm all all in for the reservation timestamp. Fords refusal to not honor X-plan made the res method a free-for-all..... good thing you are still local to me.
BTW, Appreciate you!
Appreciate u too! I propose what Stellantis does…prioritize the sold orders (reservations)…doesn’t matter what your allocation is…I have over 200 TRX orders and over 50 392 JL orders…all scheduled with vins…the ones with supplier issues just get built later….some 392s even converted to 22s bc of a supplier issue on XR packs…they built stock after retails…if you reserve a tesla, u get a tesla…in a reasonable time…Tesla doesn’t say “oh, your IP address doesn’t have allocation”…

stop with the reservation system if u still have an allocation system…Mavericks are running into the same issue & they plan to open the reservation system for Bronco back up next month…dee yuu emm…dumb
Sponsored