Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, because Ford keeps changing the allocation formulas.
First, it was by timestamp, then they added market share and converted orders (fair enough)., now they're changing it again for 22 by basing it on a 3 year sales record and Bronco Sport sales? How the hell can buyers or sellers base their decisions on these constantly changing formulas?
I've refrained from Bashing Ford, but this lack of consistency has become a real problem for both the buyer and seller.
So, if Ford thinks something isn't working to their expectations they should stick with it because that's what they said they would do? I'm not sure but it seems the current allocation formula was put in place before production started . With a new model year about to begin is a perfect time to make changes.
Sponsored

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may not personally like the allocation system but I also understand why Ford is doing it and the balancing act they are going through.

Ford sold 2.4 million vehicles in their last pre-COVID year, and they simply aren’t going to piss off dealers that move a lot of their inventory, even if it may result in pissing off instead a few thousand potential Bronco customers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, none of that is true. You care about only you…but that’s not universal. Don’t mirror image on everyone else. Everything else you said is false. Total crapola.
That response is so ridiculous, I'm lost for words.:eek:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, if Ford thinks something isn't working to their expectations they should stick with it because that's what they said they would do? I'm not sure but it seems the current allocation formula was put in place before production started . With a new model year about to begin is a perfect time to make changes.
What business case can be made that it wasn’t working? What case could be made to change when they backed of building in order as much as they could? Farley cowered to a couple of mega dealers who have more cajones than he does. That’s it. To make it sound like it was some strategy is as silly as it gets. It was simple cowardice.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You were impressed by their interactions and pricing. That interaction drew in a lot of reservations that under 21 allocation guidelines would take time to fulfill. With the 22 guidelines, it seems the fulfillment time will be longer. Somehow, that doesn't convince me to order with them. I want a vehicle while I'm still able to drive.
Well considering the fact that I already have paid for a Bronco that was built in August and can't drive, it doesn't seem to much matter where I ordered from. There are two doors being delivered right now that were built in September!

Not sure that allocation matters when Ford won't deliver it. If I am going to wait forever, I might as well wait with the dealer that regularly communicates and doesn't play games.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But please explain to me why I made a reservation at all if some big market ADM dealer is going to get my exact car as a stock order before mine ever shows up to the discount dealer I chose?
This is the issue SO many of us on the forum who moved to the "SMALL DEALERS" are upset about. Knowledge and price. I talked with several area dealers before making my choice. I tired of the "Don't know, Doubt it, NO way" for answers.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The MY22 allocation is a drastic change, for both the buyer and the seller. If Ford could have fulfilled their 2021 orders, then fine, a change for 22 isn't a big deal. But to change the rules before the 2021 obligations are fulfilled.....well that's like changing the rules during halftime at Superbowl.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What business case can be made that it wasn’t working? What case could be made to change when they backed of building in order as much as they could? Farley cowered to a couple of mega dealers who have more cajones than he does. That’s it. To make it sound like it was some strategy is as silly as it gets. It was simple cowardice.
I don't work for Ford, so have no idea what business case they have any more than you do. People can play armchair quarterback all they want, but most just talk out of anger and frustration. They know next to nothing how to run a business.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The MY22 allocation is a drastic change, for both the buyer and the seller. If Ford could have fulfilled their 2021 orders, then fine, a change for 22 isn't a big deal. But to change the rules before the 2021 obligations are fulfilled.....well that's like changing the rules during halftime at Superbowl.
I might agree if 21's were being continued, but since all remaining orders will become 22's, I see it as a new beginning.

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen the light. I can't blame Ford for this.

After all, they're only in control of inconsequential things like scheduling, production, messaging, communication, and allocation. Hardly relevant when taken in the context of fulfilling their commitments. That heavy burden must be carried by the vilest of the vile: the consumer. A consumer so full of evil and malice that they reserved at a low-volume dealer. Obviously, it's their fault for not researching the inner workings of dealerships, poring over dealer sales records, consulting psychics, creating predictive models, and digging through Ford earnings statements to ultimately predict the "one true path" to Bronco procurement. They must be sacrificed at the almighty Altar of Business for their crime of... believing what we told them.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've seen the light. I can't blame Ford for this.

After all, they're only in control of inconsequential things like scheduling, production, messaging, communication, and allocation. Hardly relevant when taken in the context of fulfilling their commitments. That heavy burden must be carried by the vilest of the vile: the consumer. A consumer so full of evil and malice that they reserved at a low-volume dealer. Obviously, it's their fault for not researching the inner workings of dealerships, poring over dealer sales records, consulting psychics, creating predictive models, and digging through Ford earnings statements to ultimately predict the "one true path" to Bronco procurement. They must be sacrificed at the almighty Altar of Business for their crime of... believing what we told them.

Stay Pumped!!! LOL.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm aware of that, and you did. The MIC top situation forced Ford's hand on the stock issue, but you're right in they did say that. Tough position to be in.

As for Granger, yeah it will hurt them, but not nearly as bad as a non-reservation system would have. My point on that was that it's better than the alternative where they would get a fraction of what they will get.
dont look like the reservation system working to me I see a lot of ads from dealers who say they have Broncos for sale I even seen one with a FE for sale.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, once again that is what you were trying to say, and I was telling you that's wrong. The percentages given are weighting factors that are used to create a score for a dealership which is then used to determine the percentage of Ford's predicted production that will be allocated to that dealership. All this information tells us is that the dealership's last three total sales will be the largest factor, and then 2021 allocation and bronco sport sales will be equally weighted.

You cannot use this information to know what your dealership's actual allocation will be because it's dependent on Ford's predicted production and the scores of all the other dealerships in the country.
Okay, so the percentages will lay out some number or code or color and that will correspond to some secret sheet that will say:

Dealer A, you get... 1 million Broncos!

Dealer B, you get a bumper and a passenger side roof panel.

So the formula could just be a red herring to make it seem like it is 'fair'.

Thanks for the explanations.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
dont look like the reservation system working to me I see a lot of ads from dealers who say they have Broncos for sale I even seen one with a FE for sale.
That's been going on for a while. Likely deals that fell through for whatever reason. I don't think any have had mannequins long enough yet to sell those.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc