First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How about a little FIFO, Ford, to show at least a semblance of seniority/ merit, here. There should not be any scenario out there at this point where someone that has been waiting for( some for more than a year) should have a much later reservation holder who ordered the same build with the “right” dealership get their Bronco first as is likely to be case here- FIFO/ right of first refusal or whatever, but not this, again.
Seems big dealerships get LIFO. Not FIFO. Doesnt seem fair.
Sponsored

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Local LR dealer has a new Defender in. Will checkout in next couple of days. Nuff said.
Ditto. Every day it is getting easier and easier for me to lose excitement about the Bronco. Increasingly feels like a collosal waste of time and energy, which I don't appreciate Ford squandering. Test driven several "abandoned" orders at the local dealership (which were coincidentally all marked up $10K) and blown away by none. Looks killer, drives OK, wife loves it, kids hated it, I'm over it. All our wheelin' needs met with '06 Power Wagon, and the new Nissan Z w/manual looking pretty sweet, too...

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly don't think I'll "hang in there" if this math translates into another year of waiting.
If I'm told sorry 2023, yeah I'll probably just cry and go buy some hot hatch or Mustang... Who needs to drive in the winter anyways

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can @Zach@Granger weigh in here? Curious as to your take and how this may play out going into 2022 given this strategy was informed at least in part based on what your shop did. And that is not a shot at Granger. They played by the rules to their advantage and then the bullies changed the rules. I am at Granger and will remain so 'til the end. But I think Ford is doing all rez holders dirty, in my opinion. I want my Bronco, but I need a vehicle.
Well, if this formula turns out to be true, it certainly isn't in the best interest of reservation holders. If getting reservation holders their Broncos in a timely manner was Ford's primary objective the formula would have 2 factors in it.
1 - how many reservations remain at a dealership
2 - name match percentage of the dealership from Bronco reservation holder to Broncos delivered (i.e. did you deliver the Bronco to the person who held the reservation).

As it stands, 75% of the allocation formula has little to nothing to do with Broncos.

I'll post up later today in more depth how I see this playing out for our reservation holders specifically, but again if this turns out to be accurate, it's not a positive thing by any means.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer allocation formula for the 2022 model year Bronco will be as follows:
  • 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year
Not sure I understand. 25% 2021 Bronco allocation. So if the allocation was 20 for 2021....for 2022 they only get 25% of that or a total of 5 ????????? How does that 50% first line apply?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, if this formula turns out to be true, it certainly isn't in the best interest of reservation holders. If getting reservation holders their Broncos in a timely manner was Ford's primary objective the formula would have 2 factors in it.
2 - name match percentage of the dealership from Bronco reservation holder to Broncos delivered (i.e. did you deliver the Bronco to the person who held the reservation).

As it stands, 75% of the allocation formula as little to nothing to do with Broncos.

I'll post up later today in more depth how I see this playing out for our reservation holders specifically, but again if this turns out to be accurate, it's not a positive thing by any means.
What was posted is confusing for sure and needs more explanation. For many of us this will be an over 2 year wait from reservation. Quite frankly it's BS. I feel sorry for the Dealers and sales people too. How are some even making enough $ to survive?

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was posted is confusing for sure and needs more explanation. For many of us this will be an over 2 year wait from reservation. Quite frankly it's BS. I feel sorry for the Dealers and sales people too. How are some even making enough $ to survive?
Don't feel sorry for us. I'm not up at 1:30 a.m. worried about us and how we make it. At no recent time in history have we been able to sell vehicles at MSRP and make such good margins. Dealers and salespeople are in good shape if they are competent.

My worry is the obligation to consumers and in this case, they are being done a disservice.

Last edited:

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As it stands, 75% of the allocation formula as little to nothing to do with Broncos.

Really appreciate your posts/views . . look forward to 'em . .

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, 9 pages of people complaining because they decided to go to numerous small dealers offering a steep discount on 6G and wondering why they wont get their Bronco. Deja vu all over again. (Besides you 2 door folks - You got screwed by Ford.)

Mike Wickham

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sheesh! We're literally two months away from the January 10, 2017 announcement that Broncos were coming back. That's five years of waiting, so far. The only allocation consideration that a dealer should have is how many orders does he have and what is the timestamp on the them? Build them in reservation order, as much as possible, and ship to the dealer holding the order-- whichever dealer that may be! I'm finally starting to think about breaking down and buying a Jeep. It would be my first non-Ford vehicle. Ford, don't make me do it! Henry Ford must be spinning in his grave.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Big dealers got their panties in a bunch when dealers like Granger and Stephen’s outsmarted them and received a good chunk of 2021 allocations. Here in CO, local dealers lost out on at least 170+ sales ($7million + in sales) of those who went out of state.
Those dealers may have the orders, but based on their own statements haven't delivered very many Broncos either.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess Ford decided to throw reservation holders under the bus. Then backed up and ran over them again.
To think I called this a few weeks back...

Near as I can tell, and this is not accounting for VIP orders. The things that will matter in how fast you will see a MY22 Bronco are as follows (and likely in this order):

Likely fixed in place:

1. Dealer allocation
2. Commodity Constraints
3. Dealer Priority Code

There may be some interplay between these 4:

4. Order of Previous MY21 Orders
5. Reservation Timestamp
6. Order Conversion Timestamp
7. Final Order Timestamp

For instance, I would expect that someone who had an early reservation might not automatically jump ahead of someone who converts and finalizes an order days/weeks before them.

Just my thoughts based on what I have seen to date.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, 9 pages of people complaining because they decided to go to numerous small dealers offering a steep discount on 6G and wondering why they wont get their Bronco. Deja vu all over again. (Besides you 2 door folks - You got screwed by Ford.)
The problem is that when people reserved, Ford said specifically that orders would be built in timestamp order. Later they backed off of that commitment; now they have abandoned it. I have a VIN at a discount dealer, so I’m not worried about myself…but it is wrong what Ford is doing here. Despicable.
Sponsored