First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I've posted this stat before, but if not, here it is again. The top 100 dealers in the country sell about 25% of all new Fords yearly. That leaves the other 2900 to sell 75%. Ford listens to the big guys. They didn't magically just get big by being a-holes, gouging customers, getting free allocation for no reason, etc....they all have millions and millions of dollars invested in their facilities, their employees, service, parts, etc....all to take care of Ford customers.

I'm not taking sides of anyone here. Dealers played by the rules given, albeit a different set of rules never given to dealers before, and this is where we ended up. I wish they had just left the model alone and let the market take care of pricing like it always has.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I need to find a new avatar to reflect on what I think.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not reading through 12 pages of complaints, but I haven't gotten official word of this from Ford yet, at this weeks meeting they said details would come next week, but I believe this formula to be correct.

This is also what we were told last fall, when Bronco Sport wasn't thought to be the seller it turned out to be they told us that selling Bronco Sports would get you Broncos in 22, so now that looks to be true. Using 21 allocation will also get those that got more than their share for 21 extra units. Those complaining that only the mega dealers are gaining by this have never seen a regular new launch where the sales volume is the only thing used. Small/midsize dealers are coming out better than normal on Bronco, and those extra allocations are coming at the expense of the bigger dealers.

Yes bigger dealers are getting more, but they sell more so thats the way it should be, yes I understand that many think its not fair since they might not get theirs quickly due to allocation, yet if they spread it even more to small/mid dealer, then orders at big dealer would be in slowed down. There has to be some sort of formula to make it fair. This isn't perfect, but its 100x better than what I've been through in the past (we got majorly screwed on Ranger), yes those few dealers that did fire sales on Bronco might have issues, but I'd bet the rest of the dealer body will get customers with same reservation times their orders in similar times big or small dealer.

Probably the biggest negative for the consumer is that since no extra allocations for reservations/orders (right now, Ford has been allocating extra for retails on most other lines so maybe for 23 if Bronco catches up it'll go this route as well), I look for more ADM pricing even on orders instead of just on the lot.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not reading through 12 pages of complaints, but I haven't gotten official word of this from Ford yet, at this weeks meeting they said details would come next week, but I believe this formula to be correct.

This is also what we were told last fall, when Bronco Sport wasn't thought to be the seller it turned out to be they told us that selling Bronco Sports would get you Broncos in 22, so now that looks to be true. Using 21 allocation will also get those that got more than their share for 21 extra units. Those complaining that only the mega dealers are gaining by this have never seen a regular new launch where the sales volume is the only thing used. Small/midsize dealers are coming out better than normal on Bronco, and those extra allocations are coming at the expense of the bigger dealers.

Yes bigger dealers are getting more, but they sell more so thats the way it should be, yes I understand that many think its not fair since they might not get theirs quickly due to allocation, yet if they spread it even more to small/mid dealer, then orders at big dealer would be in slowed down. There has to be some sort of formula to make it fair. This isn't perfect, but its 100x better than what I've been through in the past (we got majorly screwed on Ranger), yes those few dealers that did fire sales on Bronco might have issues, but I'd bet the rest of the dealer body will get customers with same reservation times their orders in similar times big or small dealer.

Probably the biggest negative for the consumer is that since no extra allocations for reservations/orders (right now, Ford has been allocating extra for retails on most other lines so maybe for 23 if Bronco catches up it'll go this route as well), I look for more ADM pricing even on orders instead of just on the lot.
Your words ring hollow to those with early reservations, whom still may not see their order until mid to late 2022 (if they’re lucky). Not to mention they’ll more than likely get jacked on the so called “price protection”. Epic Fail...

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to KNOW if my Bronco will be built in the first quarter of 22 or not. If Ford & Granger can’t tell me this I’m not sure I can do this anymore. I can’t miss another summer, my kids will be grown and gone before I blink three times. Already missed one summer not going to miss another.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Your perspective is always solid, but the problem here is that Ford set up this reservation scheme, with the optics that it was consumer driven, and that you were getting a place in line. Then they felt a little push back, and cowered like little children and abandoned their plans. Spineless. Now....the number of people that a dealer has in "the line" that Ford established, has absolutely 0% bearing on how Broncos are allocated. None. So....like I said above...big dealers will fill all of their reservation holder's orders and get hundreds of stock units, while smaller dealers will have their people who reserved in 2020 sitting there empty handed for all of 2022. Ford set up the reservation system and marketed it as a way to get a spot in the line for the consumer, and to back off of that completely is reprehensible to that consumer.

Just fill the reservations in timestamp order as they can controlling for commodities, and then allocate for stock units like they had planned originally, and they would have been fine.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a free market, Ford would have already terminated many of these smaller dealerships. It’s not secret they have way too many.
In a free market, a dealer gets to grow without hinderance. Just because a dealer is small doesn't mean they're not able to, or can not grow.

jernst8854

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would check to see if they have not made an error at the dealership level. It does not jive for any dealer to not have received at least one allocation build by this time. There is more to this story, IMO.
Something is not right there. You need to check that out. I was first at a small dealership who had no clue left all orders a 99 priority. And would not listen to a mere human. So I changed dealership. He still hasn't received any broncos other than mannequins.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are a fleet dealership that only sells work trucks.

They have 0 vehicles to sell to buyers just off the street.

All non-work vehicles are all custom orders. Maybe someone made a special order for a Sport -but it seems unlikely.

Re: Algorithm
So you are saying, if the dealership sold 200 ford's (work trucks) their allotment would be:
201 (Ford trucks and that 1 Bronco)
6 Bronco 2021 Allotment
0 Sports

2022 Allotment 207 Broncos?
No, once again that is what you were trying to say, and I was telling you that's wrong. The percentages given are weighting factors that are used to create a score for a dealership which is then used to determine the percentage of Ford's predicted production that will be allocated to that dealership. All this information tells us is that the dealership's last three total sales will be the largest factor, and then 2021 allocation and bronco sport sales will be equally weighted.

You cannot use this information to know what your dealership's actual allocation will be because it's dependent on Ford's predicted production and the scores of all the other dealerships in the country.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a bunch of clowns.

Hopefully this truck is better than the people running the company.

How difficult is it to go down the line? And this is from a guy with an October rez.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford needs to build the orders in the order they were received. That is the only fair thing to do. If I see a retail order at a dealer before I get my Bronco that wasnt a reservation I will be looking at a Jeep!!!!!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does this mean my dealers first reservation, which is mine, will be pushed back to the end of the line because he is a small town, low volume dealer. Which would mean I might not see my 21 Bronco until 23 ????

Last time I checked he has not received even one of his allocations for 21 orders.
Yeah, same here, mine received none of their 18 as of yet, and some are FE lol.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford needs to build the orders in the order they were received. That is the only fair thing to do. If I see a retail order at a dealer before I get my Bronco that wasnt a reservation I will be looking at a Jeep!!!!!
lots of people who reserved this year got VINs last week
Sponsored