First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may be buried in here somewhere, at the rate that posts get added, it's about impossible to read through everything.

What are these percentages of? The dealers score? Then how does it apply to actual allocations? Do they come up with a score then apply that to actual orders in hand?

Percentages are great, but what are they of? Hey next year, you're going to get 67% - but of what?

• 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not reading through 12 pages of complaints, but I haven't gotten official word of this from Ford yet, at this weeks meeting they said details would come next week, but I believe this formula to be correct.

This is also what we were told last fall, when Bronco Sport wasn't thought to be the seller it turned out to be they told us that selling Bronco Sports would get you Broncos in 22, so now that looks to be true. Using 21 allocation will also get those that got more than their share for 21 extra units. Those complaining that only the mega dealers are gaining by this have never seen a regular new launch where the sales volume is the only thing used. Small/midsize dealers are coming out better than normal on Bronco, and those extra allocations are coming at the expense of the bigger dealers.

Yes bigger dealers are getting more, but they sell more so thats the way it should be, yes I understand that many think its not fair since they might not get theirs quickly due to allocation, yet if they spread it even more to small/mid dealer, then orders at big dealer would be in slowed down. There has to be some sort of formula to make it fair. This isn't perfect, but its 100x better than what I've been through in the past (we got majorly screwed on Ranger), yes those few dealers that did fire sales on Bronco might have issues, but I'd bet the rest of the dealer body will get customers with same reservation times their orders in similar times big or small dealer.

Probably the biggest negative for the consumer is that since no extra allocations for reservations/orders (right now, Ford has been allocating extra for retails on most other lines so maybe for 23 if Bronco catches up it'll go this route as well), I look for more ADM pricing even on orders instead of just on the lot.
Ford has screwed this up beyond belief. I fully understand how allocations work, woks the same with Corvettes and Harleys and so on. Volume dealers get more.

Ford screwed up as they told us reservation holders would get their 2021 Bronco before there were Broncos for sale on the Lot. Ford did not tell us we must select one of their extremely high volume dealers for us to get it.

Understand they had issues with the Hard top passing my 2 door to 2022. Not happy but can live with that. But the new allocation formula means even longer to get my Bronco. Will I even get it in 2022?

As I understand it have to stay with current dealer for the guarantied price protection, will that carry to 2023? At this point, if mine becomes a 2023, I'll be driving something other than a FORD. Truck I just sold was my first ford, and it had the rear end fail at 60,100 miles. Bronco was Fords chance at keeping me as a repeat customer.

I'm not sure Ford could have screwed this up more if they tried. They never should have said reservation holders would get theirs first. Biggest lie ever

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a formula for Ford.....

My Bronco Enthusiasm = 100%*((my dealer allocation + 1) - (my number in line at my dealer))/(my dealer allocation)

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lots of people who reserved this year got VINs last week
If it is due to materials constraints, I am fine with that, but if large dealers start getting 2 door Broncos before a person with a reservation gets an order, then that is just wrong.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those complaining that only the mega dealers are gaining by this have never seen a regular new launch where the sales volume is the only thing used.
Saying this is different than how Ford has ever allocated completely disregards the fact that Ford CHOSE to use a reservation system, which is also different than how they've ever done things.
Yes bigger dealers are getting more, but they sell more so thats the way it should be
Well according to the reservation system, that's a lie. If they sold more Broncos they would have more reservations. They wouldn't need BSport and regular model sales to boost their allocations so they could compete with dealers who are trying to grow.

If the dealership model is really supposed to be free market, explain why all the large dealers are complaining about the "firesale" guys? They saw an opportunity to grow, and took it, and now the big boys are unhappy someone ate their lunch so they pressured Ford to completely go back on the promises they made to their customers. Everything you've said is frankly BS in my opinion. The large dealers should be working to stay large, not getting fat and lazy at the top because of their influence.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Saying this is different than how Ford has ever allocated completely disregards the fact that Ford CHOSE to use a reservation system, which is also different than how they've ever done things.

Well according to the reservation system, that's a lie. If they sold more Broncos they would have more reservations. They wouldn't need BSport and regular model sales to boost their allocations so they could compete with dealers who are trying to grow.

If the dealership model is really supposed to be free market, explain why all the large dealers are complaining about the "firesale" guys? They saw an opportunity to grow, and took it, and now the big boys are unhappy someone ate their lunch so they pressured Ford to completely go back on the promises they made to their customers. Everything you've said is frankly BS in my opinion. The large dealers should be working to stay large, not getting fat and lazy at the top with their influence.
Great point. The big dealers had a chance to work with their customers. Many people, including me, gave the local dealers a chance before going with a dealer that provided a discount. We even went to the extreme of trying to get a group discount for multiple orders and that failed as well. Lets not forget that Ford also decided not to allow the x-plan at a certain point.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about this allocation. Fill all existing reservations before the end of '22

I'm not waiting until 2023 or 2024 for a Vehicle I ordered in 2021. My dealer has 300 Orders, and got an Allocation of 50 for 2021. I dont even know what that means on how long to fill all those orders.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will wait as long as necessary for a dealer who will treat me right. Thanks Granger!!!!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't feel sorry for us. I'm not up at 1:30 a.m. worried about us and how we make it. At no recent time in history have we been able to sell vehicles at MSRP and make such good margins. Dealers and salespeople are in good shape if they are competent.

My worry is the obligation to consumers and in this case, they are being done a disservice.
This type of honesty is why I went with granger, whole experience has been first class through everything so far.

This is why I am traveling over 1400 miles to buy a vehicle at Granger.....@Zach@Granger, thank you.
Agreed 1000% I'm traveling 700 miles round trip. When it's time to replace the wife's explorer, granger will be earning our business again.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great point. The big dealers had a chance to work with their customers. Many people, including me, gave the local dealers a chance before going with a dealer that provided a discount. We even went to the extreme of trying to get a group discount for multiple orders and that failed as well. Lets not forget that Ford also decided not to allow the x-plan at a certain point.
^^^ This, I punted my current dealer who I do business with, its unbelievable the mine set a larger dealer has. I even tried to get them to xplan discount off MSRP which was only about $800 freaking dollars, flat out said no. They lost the sale and continued customer over $800 when I was moving towards already spending over 100k with them. Later on I told them I did a better deal and the GM couldn't believe a "dumb" dealer would do that kind of deal. I moved to another large volume dealer, but this allocation crap is gonna see a lot more dropped orders. Guess its no big deal when you create an inflated market and new orders just keep coming in.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I’m pushed to end of ‘22 or ‘23 as a day 2 reservation.
I’ll gladly buy another brand from @Zach@Granger or @DealerInsider for a good deal and for who they’ve been to me and this group.

happy to keep my business with those that earn it

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may be buried in here somewhere, at the rate that posts get added, it's about impossible to read through everything.

What are these percentages of? The dealers score? Then how does it apply to actual allocations? Do they come up with a score then apply that to actual orders in hand?

Percentages are great, but what are they of? Hey next year, you're going to get 67% - but of what?
Probably not going to be a huge swing for most dealers but since we'll have a full year of production, however many that ends up being, you could maybe assume a good guess is double your '21 allocation. Practically none of this matters because it's all dependent on Ford's ability to build them. Ford will give us our numbers at some point like they did for '21. Remember, they predicted their ability to build 60K last year and will end up with ????

Looking at the new formula one could assume small dealers with large orders may lose some allocation, large dealers might gain some. I don't see the average now of 30% going up or down more than 20%. They still have to dig through all the '21 carryovers, commodities allowing, before they truly start building new orders. After the original group are done, the time stamp thing needs to go away and they build retails as commodities allow otherwise we'll be stuck in the same loop for eternity.
Sponsored

Last edited: