Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

300 orders 50 allocations, sounds like about 6 years.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

300 orders 50 allocations, sounds like about 6 years.
Yeah if that holds 2900 small dealers are screwed by the 25% large ford dealers.

no wait they aren’t screwed. Consumers are. Can you imagine all the new to ford buyers getting hosed. They’ll remember that.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess those of us without vin's have to ask ourselves if this means that this could go into 2023 with ford not completing the initial orders from 2021 even in the second year- for me sadly i can't wait that long and i think a lot of us will sadly be forced to jump ship after all this invested time- oh well

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It does seem like Ford is fucking over people who put in Day 1 reservations at their local dealer. Those orders should be somehow prioritized more than dealer allocations. Mega dealers in big cities getting more allocation because they sold a lot of Ecosports and Escapes is a disservice to people who have been waiting with reservations so long.

It's tough for Ford to make a decision that's correct because they have contracts and agreements with their big volume dealers that bring them solid earnings each quarter, but there has to be some sort of recognition of the reservation holders or they're going to lose both Bronco business and future business from these customers. I think Ford is underestimating how preferable the Tesla model of order a car and get it with no four square bullshit model is, and with the advent of EVs and startups coming to market surprisingly successfully (Tesla, Rivian, Lucid to start) they're going to need to change from catering to their big dealers to taking a more consumer oriented approach.

Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My new allocation formula:

50% - Still sort of kind of committed to mabye thinking about buying a Bronco if it can ever truly materilize (and rethinking Ford in general, EVER, as there are options, lots and lots of options, just not many true off road options). I am realizing that this intractable dealership model has to go, and it's making me throw up a bit in the back of my mouth. This is kind of why I usually buy used cars anyway.

25% - Hoping that Toyota steps up to the plate and updates the 4Runner in a meaningful way and does it quickly so I have a different, quality off road option. I owned one for 10+ years and would own another in a heartbeat, I just need something new as the current platform is kind of tired. Toyota, please, please, please make this happen.

25% - Thinking a jeep might work.......ok not there yet....too many on the road in Colorado.

25% - Thinking a Cybertruck might work......ok definitely not there yet and neither is Tesla.

25% - I might just go get a fun car and not give a crap about this anymore.

25% - Going back to math class.

Cheers!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would simply like to see Ford significantly increase MAP production for the Bronco. Sixty percent or higher Bronco to 40% or lower Ranger. A second shift and some weekend hours. More Broncos being built might help everyone. If that is the case, I hope Ford tells us via email.

Last edited:

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not reading through 12 pages of complaints, but I haven't gotten official word of this from Ford yet, at this weeks meeting they said details would come next week, but I believe this formula to be correct.

This is also what we were told last fall, when Bronco Sport wasn't thought to be the seller it turned out to be they told us that selling Bronco Sports would get you Broncos in 22, so now that looks to be true. Using 21 allocation will also get those that got more than their share for 21 extra units. Those complaining that only the mega dealers are gaining by this have never seen a regular new launch where the sales volume is the only thing used. Small/midsize dealers are coming out better than normal on Bronco, and those extra allocations are coming at the expense of the bigger dealers.

Yes bigger dealers are getting more, but they sell more so thats the way it should be, yes I understand that many think its not fair since they might not get theirs quickly due to allocation, yet if they spread it even more to small/mid dealer, then orders at big dealer would be in slowed down. There has to be some sort of formula to make it fair. This isn't perfect, but its 100x better than what I've been through in the past (we got majorly screwed on Ranger), yes those few dealers that did fire sales on Bronco might have issues, but I'd bet the rest of the dealer body will get customers with same reservation times their orders in similar times big or small dealer.

Probably the biggest negative for the consumer is that since no extra allocations for reservations/orders (right now, Ford has been allocating extra for retails on most other lines so maybe for 23 if Bronco catches up it'll go this route as well), I look for more ADM pricing even on orders instead of just on the lot.
A true politician. Yo dj spin that ish. This was supposed to be a reservation system. You neglect the fact Ford can only make a finite number of Broncos. Every Bronco they are making right now and what appears to be the foreseeable future will sell and see little to no lot time. So why do big dealers need more to boost numbers? Can't be done if they can't be made. Ford went back on their word and decided the end consumer was not who they prioritized or cared about. Side note to add, I'm sorry you think "might not get theirs quickly" equates to 3 years or more as acceptable measuring stick.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess those of us without vin's have to ask ourselves if this means that this could go into 2023 with ford not completing the initial orders from 2021 even in the second year- for me sadly i can't wait that long and i think a lot of us will sadly be forced to jump ship after all this invested time- oh well

I was extremely excited to get a Bronco when revealed. This process is like being dragged through broken glass by Ford, their inability to communicate with their consumers is extremely frustrating. I was completely willing to wait 12 Months for a Vehicle, but 12 months later and we are still being fed the same info as Day 1 that is unacceptable. I cant believe I am sitting here wondering if I will even get it in '22. We'll see how this shakes out once the 22 Order Banks open up, but Ford should be able to give people an ETA on their Build date based on Res / Order Dates. Screw the Allocation system, it is flawed.

#Stay Pumped

Last edited:

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So we don't actually have a number to put to those percentages though, correct? Maybe the allocations will be 4x the amount that were provided to dealers in 2021. So even with the allocation percentage formula, maybe everyone that has an order in will get one in 2022? I'm trying to be optimistic here.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So big dealers are now free to tack on $5-10k of markup on every bronco because their allocation will be fine

Good job Ford

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are going to have a reservation system, make sure it's a reservation system. This Frankenstein model isn't even in Ford's best interest long term, let alone the consumer. Flipping off your most enthusiastic, loyal, and patient customers is bad business.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Imagine....
If Ford had offered X-plan pricing on 2021 Broncos:
- Buyers could go to their local dealer and place a reservation, get a guaranteed fair price with no fear of a surprise ADM when they go to pick up their order.
- Less buyers would have flocked to dealers offering discounts, resulting in long lines there with no guarantee of a timely delivery.
- Orders would have been spread out among more dealers, likely proportional to population of their locale.
- This whole allocation mess could have been avoided!

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So we don't actually have a number to put to those percentages though, correct? Maybe the allocations will be 4x the amount that were provided to dealers in 2021. So even with the allocation percentage formula, maybe everyone that has an order in will get one in 2022? I'm trying to be optimistic here.
It will depend on the total production of 2022.
Formerly, the allocation % was based on the number of reservations a dealer converted to orders before 9/19/20, but the new formula appears to disregard dealer performance after that date...... which hurts the Graingers and Chapman dealers that continued to offer deals.

If Ford can build 150,000 Broncos in 2022 to fill 150,000 current reservations, we should be good.... but I fear this the 2022 allocation formula will screw over a fair number of us.
Sponsored