First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do we know this is gospel? Sounds like Horseshit to me. I thought FORD was on this forum? Let's hear from them before anyone gets their panties in a bunch. Where did this info come from?
Sponsored

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer allocation formula for the 2022 model year Bronco will be as follows:
  • 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year
Ford, we get it.
Dealerships mean more to you then the people who buy and drive your vehicles. Stop reminding us already!!!

Maybe my early reservation will mean something in 2023.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we don't actually have a number to put to those percentages though, correct? Maybe the allocations will be 4x the amount that were provided to dealers in 2021. So even with the allocation percentage formula, maybe everyone that has an order in will get one in 2022? I'm trying to be optimistic here.
I've said it before: Ford can get through the backlog by the middle of the year if the factory cranks at full speed. But if this allocation formula holds true, even in that rosy scenario you've got 2022 walk-ins at the big metro dealers paying ADM and getting Broncos months before similarly equipped 2020 reservations at other dealers.

If there are still constraints and/or slowdowns in production (and I assume there will be), it gets even uglier.

Ford could allay these concerns with effective communication to reservation holders. But they have been brutally incompetent on that score.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've said it before: Ford can get through the backlog by the middle of the year if the factory cranks at full speed. But if this allocation formula holds true, even in that rosy scenario you've got 2022 walk-ins at the big metro dealers paying ADM and getting Broncos months before similarly equipped 2020 reservations at other dealers.

If there are still constraints and/or slowdowns in production (and I assume there will be), it gets even uglier.

Ford could allay these concerns with effective communication to reservation holders. But they have been brutally incompetent on that score.
Gotcha. This makes sense, and yes it is appalling that Ford would work it this way. I guess they are trying to get Broncos on dealer lots to maybe get some walk-ins that are not die-hards to buy a Bronco. It's all about the money, and they know most of the die-hards will continue to wait for their golden ticket.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford, we get it.
Dealerships mean more to you then the people who buy and drive your vehicles. Stop reminding us already!!!
Ford's customers are the dealers, through their franchise agreements. We buyers are the dealers customers, and Ford does not forget that.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would be curious to know if the mannequin program will continue in 2022. As the 2021 initial supply get sold, does that mean the first MY22 Broncos to get built will be a fresh supply of mannequin Broncos? @Zach@Granger or @flip may know the answer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be curious to know if the mannequin program will continue in 2022. As the 2021 initial supply get sold, does that mean the first MY22 Broncos to get built will be a fresh supply of mannequin Broncos? @Zach@Granger or @flip may know the answer.
I've not heard of anything new and feel any production going forward should be retail units.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So 75% weighted towards big dealers who normally sell a lot of vehicles, 25% to dealers that made hay with Bronco orders.
My outsiders view- big gorilla dealers won
If these numbers are true that's a big old piece of horse shit in my book Chuck. Ford, once again, shows where it's loyality is grounded. And, that ain't with the reservation holders, or the small dealers. Ford is going to keep on, and I'll have to cancel my order. I don't want to cancel, but I'm just not in the mood to wait until '23 to get mine. Hell, I'm not getting any younger, and would love to get my Bronco before the DMV pulls my license for being to dang old the drive. @Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I Don't believe so.

Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big dealers sell majority of Fords vehicles, they also most likely have most of the reservations since they sell majority of vehicles and serve the most customers. The formula may screw over some reservation holders but it also may not. Not sure how this formula automatically screws over reservation holders since most reservation holders are probably at those big dealers.

I have a reservation at a tiny little rural dealer that had I think 2 allocations last year and I was number 3 on the list. It makes literally no business sense to start allocating more to dealers that sell less. The fact that they have 2021 Bronco allocations on there will help bump up some of the small dealers that did a good job converting orders last year.

I get being unhappy, but I also haven't seen a single post of someone laying out a better formula that actually makes business sense. Reservations are still going to be held up by constraints so as they crank out soft tops and easy to make vehicles they have to go somewhere and sending them to dealers that reach a lot of customers makes sense.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try an October reservation! Looks like I am year 2035👎
Well this October reservation holder is extremely unlikely to continue to wait this out and the very bad taste it leaves means I will NEVER consider any other Ford product and whenever the opportunity arises will express my opinion on why no one else should either. :mad:

I took a leap of faith that Ford could do what they offered, and look where that got me. Is there a word for the opposite of brand loyalty, cause that's what Ford is building.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That math says that I'll never get a Bronco...
I'll echo that and add that, for me, I won't even want it anymore.

Sure it's probably at least partly sour grapes. But at this point Ford has let me down to the point I really don't want any of their products and will happily vote my lack of support for their behavior by taking my dollars elsewhere.

Last edited:

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So we shouldn't expect a MIC bronco in 2022 too?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I Don't believe so.
I do hope Ford understands how disappointing it is for all the first- and second-day reservation holder who slide into MY22. I know you and @flip understand.

Many of us supported the importance of the MY21 mannequin program. In my area, dealers ordered primarily Badlands models. As they get ready to come off the required “demo only” status, the ADMs being attached to each exceeds 5K. Greed perhaps?

If a fresh batch of mannequins are built, that could take several weeks of production and use up constrained commodities. That approach might not be as graciously accepted by potential owners, if you know what I mean.
Sponsored