Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've tried to explain this before, but it seems to fall on deaf ears around here.

Allocation does not equal build sequence.

Production has to be divvied out. Shouldn't the dealers who sell more cars (and by extension, usually have more reservations) get more of the overall production? There will be some outliers (like Granger) who sell less cars, but have large reservation numbers. I believe this to be a small number of dealers. Product distribution is not easy when you have 3300+ dealers across the country. I'm sure that this allocation formula is a balancing act to make sure that there aren't shipping bottlenecks or large swaths of customers waiting, and so the flow out of the factory is as fast as possible.

Nothing has changed. Ford is still going to build roughly in order of reservation. As I've said from the very beginning, commodity constraints will have the biggest effect on production sequence!

*EDIT:

I've said it before and I will say it again. I applaud Ford for using a reservation system. While it was ambitious, it largely curbed dealer markups to this point. Many people on here are getting caught up in the distribution, but this system is far better than the alternative.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it's not a real reservation system if it's still all about dealer allocations
Correct, and the longer Fords Bronco mess drags out the farther it gets from being about reservations and the more it becomes solely about Allocations.

Allocations are far more important for 22 than they were in 21. Most of use with 2-door 21 reservations will fall victim to the Allocation's. Not looking good at getting mine in early 22 now.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do hope Ford understands how disappointing it is for all the first- and second-day reservation holder who slide into MY22. I know you and @flip understand.

Many of us supported the importance of the MY21 mannequin program. In my area, dealers ordered primarily Badlands models. As they get ready to come off the required “demo only” status, the ADMs being attached to each exceeds 5K. Greed perhaps?

If a fresh batch of mannequins are built, that could take several weeks of production and use up constrained commodities. That approach might not be a graciously accepted by potential owners, if you know what I mean.

Ford dictated to us the demos we got, not the other way around.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Bronco dealer has 400+ F150 Lightning reservations.. They have no clue how Ford could fulfill the demand locally (Seattle area)
Well there is also the local trend of getting whatever the newest EV is to show how dedicated you are to the planet.

Obviously throwing your prior EV away at the first opportunity and assuming it will get spirited away to some far off planet where they recycle it and cause no harm upon the earth, but I digress...... Virtue signaling is Mission A#1 here with the tech employees.

How many Teslas do you see on average in a day you commute to/from work? I'm at an over/under of 25 Teslas and my commute is 4.6 miles each way. Double that for Prius.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've tried to explain this before, but it seems to fall on deaf ears around here.

Allocation does not equal build sequence.

Production has to be divvied out. Shouldn't the dealers who sell more cars (and by extension, usually have more reservations) get more of the overall production? There will be some outliers (like Granger) who sell less cars, but have large reservation numbers. I believe this to be a small number of dealers. Product distribution is not easy when you have 3300+ dealers across the country. I'm sure that this allocation formula is a balancing act to make sure that there aren't shipping bottlenecks or large swaths of customers waiting, so the flow out of the factory is as fast as possible.

Nothing has changed. Ford is still going to build roughly in order of reservation. As I've said from the very beginning, commodity constraints will have the biggest effect on production sequence!
^^^^THIS

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford dictated to us the demos we got, not the other way around.
I understand. However, Ford should have dictated they could not be sold with an ADM.
Where is the common decency in this program!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess those of us without vin's have to ask ourselves if this means that this could go into 2023 with ford not completing the initial orders from 2021 even in the second year- for me sadly i can't wait that long and i think a lot of us will sadly be forced to jump ship after all this invested time- oh well
Exactly. Back when it was figured Nov or Dec for my order, sold my truck. Then I find out its pushed to 2022. I'm thinking ok, maybe by March or April. Now this allocation crap, I'm wondering if even 2022, or is it pushed to 23, which I believe will happen to many 2 door reservation holders.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who was more upset about the "firesale" guys? Ford was. That's a fact. They didn't spend billions of dollars to release a highly anticipated vehicle and then want their dealers to devalue it immediately. I've said it before, they were very extremely unhappy about what happened. It was one of the biggest reasons Farley himself even cancelled the x-plan offer on Bronco.
But why would Ford care much about dealer selling price? If a dealer sells a 30k msrp Bronco for 40k, does Ford get some of that 10k profit? If not, why does Ford care about a dealer selling at a price below or over msrp, if Ford already got whatever money they would get, from already "selling" the Bronco to the dealer for resale?

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I understand. However, Ford should have dictated they could not be sold with an ADM.
Where is the common decency in this program!
Ford can't dictate to us pricing. Dealers set the pricing. I know everyone laments ADM, but it's more nuanced than most people realize. I'm not going comment further on it in this thread, for fear of derailing it further.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Ford knows that very few early reservers will cancel so why do they care about your thoughts on how they will do things?
I'm not an "early" reservation holder, but if that's their assumption in my case they will be be wrong. I'm sorry but no vehicle is worth this kind of cr@p.

Sponsored

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole "dealers who sell more should get more Broncos" argument is dumb when there's a reservation/ordering system in place. You could use this same logic to say "well big dealers should have had more reservations/orders therefore why not just do it by reservation/order numbers"

If big dealers couldn't entice people to place orders with them, then that's their own fault.

The reality is that the big dealers whined that this was unfair because they didn't want to actually have to be competitive. And Ford rolled over. It has nothing to do with Ford trying to work through shipping/logistics issues...

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would simply like to see Ford significantly increase MAP production for the Bronco. Sixty percent or higher Bronco to 40% or lower Ranger. A second shift and some weekend hours. More Broncos being built might help everyone. If that is the case, I hope Ford tells us via email.
The 60/40 IS their planned ratio. They are running 2 shifts now. They work Saturdays and word is right now many employees are working 12 hour shifts. There was talk of adding a 3rd shift but they can't get people hired and the learning curve for training....puts a 3rd shift idea out the window.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all are fuc%$#@ crazy, you do know that right? You have been bitcH^%$ for 17 hours straight.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The whole "dealers who sell more should get more Broncos" argument is dumb when there's a reservation/ordering system in place. You could use this same logic to say "well big dealers should have had more reservations/orders therefore why not just do it by reservation/order numbers"

If big dealers couldn't entice people to place orders with them, then that's their own fault.

The reality is that the big dealers whined that this was unfair because they didn't want to actually have to be competitive. And Ford rolled over. It has nothing to do with Ford trying to work through shipping/logistics issues...
If this didn't make business sense Ford wouldn't do it. It feels like a lot of people act as if the customers that big dealers sell to are somehow less of a customer than the ones that small dealers sell to. The big dealers are satisfying a ton of customers, many of which have reservations. This equation in no way shows that reservation holders are getting screwed. If you shifted the equation in a small dealers favor is there not a chance that you are now screwing over a reservation holder at a big dealer? At the end of the day the constraints are going to have a much bigger effect when a reservation holder gets their vehicle than this allocations system.
Sponsored