First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If there are still constraints and/or slowdowns in production (and I assume there will be), it gets even uglier.

Ford could allay these concerns with effective communication to reservation holders. But they have been brutally incompetent on that score.
Their whole launch,and reservation system and communications shows their incompetence.

Suppling good clear information to reservation holders would help a lot, especially those that are pushed to 22 model year. Let us know if we will get a 22 based on or reservation time stamp and our chosen dealer, let us know if we will be pushed to 23. Don't keep us in limbo for 3 plus years.

Ford's customers are the dealers, through their franchise agreements. We buyers are the dealers customers, and Ford does not forget that.
You are 100% correct. Ford is forgetting their dealers need customers.

I have had one Ford, rear end failed at 60,100 miles, 100 out of warranty. Dealer helped me get Ford to pay for most of the 7500 dollar repair. Dealer knew it would be my first and last Ford if I footed the whole bill. I paid 1800.

This Bronco fiasco has my dealer worried, they know if I do not get my Bronco in 2022 that my truck is the First and Last ford I will ever own. They know my wife will not be getting a Lincoln from them.
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, 9 pages of people complaining because they decided to go to numerous small dealers offering a steep discount on 6G and wondering why they wont get their Bronco. Deja vu all over again. (Besides you 2 door folks - You got screwed by Ford.)
Or many people who ordered from small dealers that won't see any allocated to them.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've tried to explain this before, but it seems to fall on deaf ears around here.

Allocation does not equal build sequence.

Production has to be divvied out. Shouldn't the dealers who sell more cars (and by extension, usually have more reservations) get more of the overall production? There will be some outliers (like Granger) who sell less cars, but have large reservation numbers. I believe this to be a small number of dealers. Product distribution is not easy when you have 3300+ dealers across the country. I'm sure that this allocation formula is a balancing act to make sure that there aren't shipping bottlenecks or large swaths of customers waiting, and so the flow out of the factory is as fast as possible.

Nothing has changed. Ford is still going to build roughly in order of reservation. As I've said from the very beginning, commodity constraints will have the biggest effect on production sequence!

*EDIT:

I've said it before and I will say it again. I applaud Ford for using a reservation system. While it was ambitious, it largely curbed dealer markups to this point. Many people on here are getting caught up in the distribution, but this system is far better than the alternative.
Please don’t read too much in to this personally, but it seems like pure bullshit. If big dealers sold more Broncos through the reservation system, then they would get more Broncos. No complex formula needed.

However, my BIG dealer didn’t return a single email of mine, didn’t give me a commitment on price and I thus canceled that reservation fearing they planned to screw me. And this exact thing is happening where dealers stalled, didn’t give a price commitment and are now marking up reserved Broncos.

Now, in return, they’re getting a higher allocation anyway. That is total crap and Ford should be ashamed of their behavior.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like those that have been saying "give Ford a chance" are finally smelling the rank coffee.
I have owned Ford's for 40+ years...many of them. I have been loyal to Ford. But this has turned into a total fiasco and will harm Ford's reputation. It is leaving me soured for sure.
Many of us reserved in July of 2020...........2020!!! We had a "promise" of a build date in May of 2021. Well...we all know what has transpired. Up until this post I figured I may get my Bronco by Summer's end of 2022.....a 2 year wait. Well.....it sounds like late 2022 or maybe even into 2023. I went with my smaller local Dealer to support local. From the Formula, using the 25% figure....they may only get 5-6 Broncos for 2022. REALLY ???!!! Damn I hope Ford is reading every single comment on this post. The CEO should be reading everyone of them. I also (tired of waiting) ordered a Ranger Tremor. It is scheduled to build 10-25-21. If it gets pushed back and delayed to 2022....I am going to flip. ---sincere feelings to all of you!---

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've tried to explain this before, but it seems to fall on deaf ears around here.

Production has to be divvied out. Shouldn't the dealers who sell more cars (and by extension, usually have more reservations) get more of the overall production? There will be some outliers (like Granger) who sell less cars, but have large reservation numbers. I believe this to be a small number of dealers. Product distribution is not easy when you have 3300+ dealers across the country. I'm sure that this allocation formula is a balancing act to make sure that there aren't shipping bottlenecks or large swaths of customers waiting, and so the flow out of the factory is as fast as possible.

Nothing has changed. Ford is still going to build roughly in order of reservation. As I've said from the very beginning, commodity constraints will have the biggest effect on production sequence!

*EDIT:

I've said it before and I will say it again. I applaud Ford for using a reservation system. While it was ambitious, it largely curbed dealer markups to this point. Many people on here are getting caught up in the distribution, but this system is far better than the alternative.
It sounds like your logic is this: I told you the system is flawed, so those of you that are damaged by the flaws in a greatly disproportionate way should stop complaining about the flaws because I've been telling you it's flawed. Personally, I'd rather see the flaws addressed as opposed to the idea of accepting them.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Y'all are all getting worked up, without any information. A nameless Admin posted numbers, with no other real info. That's all you have. We don't know where those numbers came from, we don't know if there is any impact on reserved trucks, we don't even know if this came from Ford or anyone associated with Ford. There's nothing there to back it up. Outrage, based on nothing, seems to be the flavor of the day.
the nameless admin is "doug", who probably owns this forum and was thinking bronco reincarnation long before us. this is by far the best (of any) forum i have encountered. doug runs a tight ship, but i won't mention the yikes, ba... word he can yield like thor's hammer. he is unlikely to create drama unsubstantiated. (no, i don't know doug personally, but i am a fan, and thankful of what he has created here).

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

*EDIT:

Says the guy working at a California dealership who likely sells WAY more cars than all the dealerships in my low population state. This is not an even distribution to the 3300 dealerships, but based on sales over the past three years + allocations and +Bronco Sport sales. ALL three of those allocation metrics have to do with volume of the dealership. Small dealerships that had WAY more reservations than allocations AND did NOT receive their 2021 deliveries will not have a chance to compete for the allocations with a high volume dealership that did receive MORE cars based on sales volume separate from the Bronco brand line. We cannot change dealerships now that we have placed our 2021 orders and keep our reservation time stamp/price protection.

To put it more blunt - you know the numbers, but do not share them - OR - you do not know the numbers, and are making it up as you go. Which is it?

I have a July 15 reservation, but see many posts of people who received their vehicle from reservations WAY after mine. I'm just one of thousands like this and keep getting REALLY frustrated at Ford for doing ANYTHING but building to the reservation sequence. Dealers have twisted Ford into this situation where reservation matter less and less. This point I doubt Ford will ever go to the build-to-order system because the dealers will find a way to ruin the experience for everyone.

Allocations never related to build sequence. You are conflating the reservations with allocations. We are frustrated at the allocation model Ford is using to squeeze out smaller dealerships from getting Broncos. Somethin I don't think you have as much of a problem with in your area.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Please don’t read too much in to this personally, but it seems like pure bullshit. If big dealers sold more Broncos through the reservation system, then they would get more Broncos. No complex formula needed.

However, my BIG dealer didn’t return a single email of mine, didn’t give me a commitment on price and I thus canceled that reservation fearing they planned to screw me. And this exact thing is happening where dealers stalled, didn’t give a price commitment and are now marking up reserved Broncos.

Now, in return, they’re getting a higher allocation anyway. That is total crap and Ford should be ashamed of their behavior.
I agree that those tactics are underhanded and have no place in our business. Most dealers don't operate that way. Big dealers generally get to be the size they are for a multitude of reasons, chief among them being good at selling vehicles.

FWIW I have not verified that this is the formula, but if it is, it's designed to allocate production in a way that supports the goals of Ford as a business. Unlike last year, there is no location/competitor component. To me that says that Ford is trying to reward dealers that have a proven track record of selling cars to happy customers with Bronco Sport sales and reservation numbers being accounted for as well as three years volume history.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Or many people who ordered from small dealers that won't see any allocated to them.
Very True. in 2001 I had a loaded Crew Cab Dually, GMC SLT with the all new duramx ordered at the dealer I had bought my last 5 trucks from. we had a deal, 500 over invoice. 4 months later Dealer is told they will not get an allocation for the truck I ordered. I called GMC, let them know if I could not get the truck I ordered, at the price we agreed on, I would never by another GM product. Gave them the VIN of the 9 new GMC trucks I bought, and the 7 Vins of other new GM's I bought. Got my truck 2 months later.

This Bronco would be my second ever Ford, or my truck may be my last ever Ford

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford found out it takes to long to build the orders and making dealer stock is a lot faster so Ford just hoping people give up on the orders and buy of the lot or if people want to wait tell 2023 or 2024 fine Ford get to you and get your order done,Maybe

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I'm never going get this truck. Rivian is going to beat them to my garage.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford found out it takes to long to build the orders and making dealer stock is a lot faster so Ford just hoping people give up on the orders and buy of the lot
Interesting theory, but please explain how is it faster to build a dealer stock Bronco compared to one that is ordered.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It sounds like your logic is this: I told you the system is flawed, so those of you that are damaged by the flaws in a greatly disproportionate way should stop complaining about the flaws because I've been telling you it's flawed. Personally, I'd rather see the flaws addressed as opposed to the idea of accepting them.
My logic is that many people are allegedly unhappy with traditional distribution. Ford modified to to make it more competitive for the customer, and those folks are unhappy that they're not being built in exactly the order of timestamp. It would be incredibly inefficient to build them that way.

If this was the normal way that Ford distributed production, you would have seen markups on every Bronco, not just the ones that shake free. This system allowed you as a consumer to shop dealers for the best deal on a factory order, under the old system that wasn't really possible.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi Sean, above post from couple weeks ago in another thread . .

Will these priorities continue for '22 models ?

Do you think Resv holders will get hosed in '22 scheduling ?

Much thanks for your insights . .
Yes, this is still the priority. Soft tops will be skewed as @Granger Ford mentioned since Ford cleared a lot of Soft top orders with 2021 production.
Sponsored