indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have a source on that 40K? We're converting early reservations at a higher clip than later.
I recall it mentioned on 6G and other sites. For example, this site (link below) mentioned: "More than 125,000 of the 190,000-plus Bronco two-door and four-door reservations in the United States and Canada have now been converted into orders according to Ford ...".

That was several months ago, so depending on additional reservations and converted orders, the numbers could have changed. If you have inside knowledge on solid Ford numbers, let us know the legit conversion rate as of now. It would be interesting to know the reservation vs order vs customer pickup stats.

https://www.torquenews.com/9539/mor...ave-been-converted-orders-70-percent-new-ford
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you just disregard what the complaining on this thread is about? I reserved in February but know that there are others who reserved before me with that same build that are still waiting. Explain why we should wait longer than the person who didn't put an order directly through the dealer should get one so quickly?? I get it you favor an Allocation system. We, the customers were offered a Reservation system. To keep customers happy and to money exchanging hands Ford should be sending built orders to the customers that reserved them in an order that matches reservation timeline. I get it if Ford wants to produce Big Bends for 3 days to maintain efficiency as long as they are building them in reservation timeline. Same goes for any trim level. Why use a reservation system to determine demand and geographics to then throw it out the window? What happens when those dealers are sitting on Broncos that they have to sell under MSRP because the market is tapped out already? I know seems impossible in this Market but it will happen and I would bet this year because Ford has a demographic for this vehicle that they are pushing to the wayside. As a business would you rather sell to the customer at 2% off MSRP - MSRP as soon as the vehicle hits your lot or under MSRP 5 months from the time it hits your lot?
I've already explained this: it would be inefficient to build them strictly in order of timestamp, that's before the supply chain issues, MIC issues, etc... Order timing is more than just timestamp, it always has been. Where your dealer is located is also a part of the puzzle. You reserved in February, there are likely orders at your dealer before yours that are similar builds, they would get built before yours. There are dozens of suppliers involved in production of this vehicle, every one of them has their own manufacturing challenges. You're making it sound like Ford is intentionally singling you out.

The market is far from tapped out, just ask Jeep.

I recall it mentioned on 6G and other sites. For example, this site (link below) mentioned: "More than 125,000 of the 190,000-plus Bronco two-door and four-door reservations in the United States and Canada have now been converted into orders according to Ford ...".

That was several months ago, so depending on additional reservations and converted orders, the numbers could have changed. If you have inside knowledge on solid Ford numbers, let us know the legit conversion rate as of now. It would be interesting to know the reservation vs order vs customer pickup stats.

https://www.torquenews.com/9539/mor...ave-been-converted-orders-70-percent-new-ford
That 40k number is all reservations that didn't follow through, not early res holders.

We had a 70% overall conversion. We have a 10% cancellation among 1/2 day reservations holders. Early res holders were most likely to convert based on my store's data.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bottom line with regards to the whole dealer allocation vs reservation system is the lack of transparency of the whole system is unfair to the person making the reservation. People who didn't know (or for that matter still don't know) that the allocation system takes priority over the reservation are being mislead into thinking that Ford is going to produce these vehicles for customers based on when they reserved/ordered their Bronco. In reality, the dealer they selected had more to do with when they get their Bronco more than any other single factor other than constraints.

This is really unfair to the consumer that had no idea that the dealer selection was such a critical component in the actual build date. I didn't express interest in a Bronco until Jan 2021, and then my order wasn't placed until 4 May 2021. Yet, I got a VIN on 24 May 2021, assigned to a build week in July, bumped to early August and built August 5th. That wasn't fair to anyone and only happened because my order went through MAS which allegedly had 20 Broncos allocated, one of which was allocated to me via a lottery!!!

That is completely unfair to THOUSANDS of early reservation holders who were waiting the very night the site went live. I wouldn't blame any of those reservation holders to be pissed that I had a Bronco built before they even had a chance at a VIN number. It's just plain wrong and a f'd up system. If the high volume dealers had a high volume number of reservation holders, I could see where allocations really wouldn't matter; but that's not the case, the high volume dealers are in favor of this system to prevent competition.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guessing many of us are gonna be hoping for price protection to extend another 2-3 years :mad:

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the high volume dealers had a high volume number of reservation holders, I could see where allocations really wouldn't matter; but that's not the case, the high volume dealers are in favor of this system to prevent competition.
While I am certain there are outliers, every one of the Ford dealers here in town has approximately 3.5 times the orders as allocations.

The small dealer at the edge of town has 50 allocations on about 180 orders, My dealer has 120 allocations on around 430 orders. I think the large volume dealer has around 500-600 allocations on around 2000 orders.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford's customers are the dealers, through their franchise agreements. We buyers are the dealers customers, and Ford does not forget that.
Yeah yeah yeah, I get it. Don't be a Ford motor company, and just let me have what I want (to bitch)

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line, if Ford doesn't make my Bronco before the end of next year, I'm buying a 2023 Toyota 4runner Pro. Waiting for over a year is nuts, just saying.
I must be nuts because it's been more than a year already...

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're talking about the dealer I think you're talking about, I got an email from the owner at 11pm last night. Sure it's not 1:30, but don't claim he doesn't put in the hours.
I'm quoting his words.
That certain unnamed dealer was posting on this forum at 1:30a (in his timezone) last night.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've already explained this: it would be inefficient to build them strictly in order of timestamp, that's before the supply chain issues, MIC issues, etc... Order timing is more than just timestamp, it always has been. Where your dealer is located is also a part of the puzzle. You reserved in February, there are likely orders at your dealer before yours that are similar builds, they would get built before yours. There are dozens of suppliers involved in production of this vehicle, every one of them has their own manufacturing challenges. You're making it sound like Ford is intentionally singling you out.
From the early Ford communications, I never thought they would build them strickly by timestamp. I always expected that they would group builds together in a way to make things more efficient. They have thousands of orders. Why can't they group those into efficient build blocks? Sure, if they are out of MIC tops and there aren't any orders left for soft tops, it makes sense to build dealer stock, but the new allocation system doesn't really address that problem. In this scenario, it could put dealer stock MIC for a large volume dealer ahead of a MIC order for Granger.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From the early Ford communications, I never thought they would build them strickly by timestamp. I always expected that they would group builds together in a way to make things more efficient. They have thousands of orders. Why can't they group those into efficient build blocks? Sure, if they are out of MIC tops and there aren't any orders left for soft tops, it makes sense to build dealer stock, but the new allocation system doesn't really address that problem. In this scenario, it could put dealer stock MIC for a large volume dealer ahead of a MIC order for Granger.
Potentially, but high constraint commodities are locked out.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let me help you. Not only did Granger offer a competitive price, they're the most honest and transparent dealer most have ever dealt with. The amount of information they've contributed to this forum alone should answer your question.

I absolutely loathe the dealer car buying experience. Many here do. It's why I typically buy from private sellers. The reason I, and so many others switched to Granger, was because many (not all) of the "Big Dealers" are asshats. The mega dealer I was originally with here in Utah certainly qualifies. It's invaluable knowing the day you walk into a dealer you won't be screwed.

Have you spent much time on this forum and seen what's been going on with mark-ups, reservations being stolen, etc..?

The result is people are frustrated because that bad behavior is essentially being rewarded because a dealership resides in a big city.

Thank you @Zach@Granger!! And we'll see you Saturday!

Pl8to said:
What I don't understand is why everyone treats the Grangers and such as somehow better dealers than other "big dealers".

because they are. way better. it is not just about price. trust and honesty go a long way to some of us. this forum has a multitude of threads about reindealer games, and some of us are just tired of it. i was one of those whose reservations were hijacked by the local dealer and i had to go thru that misery. granger cannot help it that these big box dealers cried to ford about how granger was sucking up the reservations and orders, and then ford changed the game to appease them. the 2022 allocation system appears to me to be an anti-granger scheme also.

i want a dealer who tells you what they offer, then delivers. it is irrelevant to me why granger is on this forum, or what their motives are. my motive is the only one that counts. my bronco was the third delivered to granger. everyone at granger was responsive, honest, upfront; i had no issues. isn't that worth a bunch? i gave them my OB factory wheels/tires for a job well done. some people want a dealer they can trust. granger is that dealer. i have proven that.

two more broncos on order with them. if they don't arrive till 2023, then so be it. and yes; those who have reservations/orders should get their broncos in time stamp order, if buildable, regardless of allocation games to the dealers.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bottom line, if Ford doesn't make my Bronco before the end of next year, I'm buying a 2023 Toyota 4runner Pro. Waiting for over a year is nuts, just saying.
Most people on this forum put in a reservation in July 2020...so I guess we're all nuts.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So MY 22 ;

50,000 BB - 2.3L 4 door soft tops
black , silver , white- dealer stock

25,000 reservations