Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen the light. I can't blame Ford for this.

After all, they're only in control of inconsequential things like scheduling, production, messaging, communication, and allocation. Hardly relevant when taken in the context of fulfilling their commitments. That heavy burden must be carried by the vilest of the vile: the consumer. A consumer so full of evil and malice that they reserved at a low-volume dealer. Obviously, it's their fault for not researching the inner workings of dealerships, poring over dealer sales records, consulting psychics, creating predictive models, and digging through Ford earnings statements to ultimately predict the "one true path" to Bronco procurement. They must be sacrificed at the almighty Altar of Business for their crime of... believing what we told them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ T H I S ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
ALWAYS been able to shop for the best deal
So what is the “ Best Deal “ ?

Is it just the out the door price of a Bronco regardless of a timely convenient delivery?

Consider that a current Bronco owner can flip for thousands more. One known Bronco6g member just did that and is going after a MY22

Those taking Bronco deliveries now are selling their used trade-ins at record prices. Will that happen 6 months from now ?
My trade gained $3900 from reservation date to its sale just prior to my Bronco delivery.

Doesn’t the best deal need to include all transactions and loss of utility ?

I’ll admit I never saw this kind of market squeeze but I did see some value in holding ( and gaining ) from having more than one $100 reservation.

If on 10-13 I can place a new order as a priority 99 on a MY22 for $100- I may do it.

Come late spring 2022 I think used MY21 Broncos prices will be through the open roof.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Interesting theory, but please explain how is it faster to build a dealer stock Bronco compared to one that is ordered.
Ordered is a Badlands 2 door, SAS, Tow, 2.7, Lux.

Stock 4 door soft top, Outer banks. No hard to get parts to build unlike the order above.

MIC is hold up on 2-door, SAS is hold up, 2.7 is a hold up, lux is a hold up

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If on 10-13 I can place a new order as a priority 99 on a MY22 for $100- I may do it.
I have a Granger Oct 21 sitting I am submitting it next week just haven't decided how to spec it yet as I may just flip my early 22 coming. F this if I have to wait, gonna join the party.

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guys (dealers) on here are trying to defend this by saying, "Hey listen, the game is awful, and we aren't great people, but you should have known that, so really it's your fault we screwed you."

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nobody does, but it's keeping everyone entertained and off the streets :)
Lol it sure is entertaining, fortunately I am scheduled but I still have no idea how lol.

I feel the same way trying to figure out the allocation formula as I did when I saw interstellar lol

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The consumer has ALWAYS been able to shop for the best deal for either an order or off the lot, from any dealer they so choose, this is not some new invention.
Times have changed... not that way anymore....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered is a Badlands 2 door, SAS, Tow, 2.7, Lux.

Stock 4 door soft top, Outer banks. No hard to get parts to build unlike the order above.

MIC is hold up on 2-door, SAS is hold up, 2.7 is a hold up, lux is a hold up
Yeah, we all know about the part constraints, that was not the point.

The argument was that Ford was manipulating the allocation system to deter people from ordering so they could churn out stock orders versus reservation orders with the reasoning that stock orders could be built at a far greater speed than reservations. While true that like builds do streamline the assembly process, Ford already recognized that early on and publicly stated that similar reservation builds would be batched together for efficiency. This efficiency coupled with the fact that there is always one production process that can't be maximized any further and therefore dictates assembly line production negates the argument being made. Part constraints have nothing to do with it.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So what is the “ Best Deal “ ?

Is it just the out the door price of a Bronco regardless of a timely convenient delivery?

Doesn’t the best deal need to include all transactions and loss of utility ?
The best deal is subjective to every person, it can and should include all of those things, general car buying guidelines are only guidelines. Generally speaking, you can negotiate below MSRP, well below, a limited, new release vehicle sometimes can cause you to deviate from this plan. Regardless, start your negotiations from the MSRP or Invoice, if a dealer has an ADM sticker on the car, IGNORE IT. We all know of a number of honest dealers here on this forum offering less than MSRP deals on the Bronco.

I've only paid MSRP on one vehicle, a hot new mom-mobile (Honda Odyssey) my wife wanted and needed. All others I've always negotiated from Invoice, not MSRP. My favorite car purchase, a Toyota Corolla, the sales person did their normal 4-square dance, then said he had to run my offer "by the manager"; 20 minutes of timed drama later, he came back with some pitiful counteroffer, I said thank you for your time and left.

Now this was in Southern California where there is a Toyota dealer every 10-20 miles. I drove down the road, they had the identical model, I had a great salesperson who understood we were simply looking for a fair deal, he gladly sold us the car. A couple of hours later, new car in the garage, the first dealer calls and said he would accept my offer, I said thank you, but sorry, I already have the same new car in my garage.

Here are some of my Ordering Guidelines:
When you order a vehicle, after you spec it out, review the order details printout (DORA) of your vehicle (Bronco). Then negotiate the FINAL, OTD (Out of The Door) pricing, including ALL Add-ons, Accessories, FEES and TTL (Tax, Title and License).

Next add a statement:
1) Any additional changes such as options or accessories will be negotiated separately.
2) The dealer will not add ANY dealer add-ons (VIN etching, alarm system, nitrogen in the tires, etc.).
3) There will be NO test drives except by you, the named buyer.

Once this is done and EVERYTHING is in writing, have it signed by the General Manager, NOT THE SALESPERSON.
Regardless of price, don't let the desire for a new shiny toy override your sound financial future, house fund, emergency fund, 401K, kids college fund, etc. You should ask yourself, do you want a couple of years of a cool ride or a stronger financial future? If you can afford it all, enjoy, if not, please make wise financial decisions.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me personally, the peace of mind I’ve had is worth more than the $3500 I saved. Bonus is the road trip home in the Bronco.
You forget one thing.... if you need warranty work and you take it to your local dealer where you did not buy it from.... you are low man on totem pole.... my peace of mine is service locally

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You forget one thing.... if you need warranty work and you take it to your local dealer where you did not buy it from.... you are low man on totem pole.... my peace of mine is service locally
I’ve never, ever found that to be the case. Generally they don’t give a rats ass where you bought it, and service often doesn’t even know. They want your service business and will do everything they can to treat you well enough to keep it after the warranty period. At least around here…the sales departments around Northern Virginia might be crap, but the service departments kiss your butt big time to keep you coming back.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the dealer going to do, hold me hostage until I sign the contract?

YOU ALWAYS have a choice!
Like I said... times have changed... you can't always get it at the price you want... when you want or the way you want it..... yes you can walk.... and someone will be right behind you buying it.....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never, ever found that to be the case. Generally they don’t give a rats ass where you bought it, and service often doesn’t even know.
Just surprised it took until page 29 for someone to make the service/warranty work strawman argument. Most of which are their own profit centers and responsible for their own monthly revenue goals and whom couldn't care less where the vehicle is bought from.
Sponsored

Last edited: