Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol how their wording changed in the email yesterday.

Fuck you Ford.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“Š 2022 Bronco Allocations Formula Per Dealer Screenshot_20211009-070822
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love how allocation is the last thing mentioned, but the most important factor in whether or not you even get a Bronco. That list is pretty much in reverse priority.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's why our store didn't require additional deposit upon ordering, we understand people want a chance to drive it/see/touch. We have yet to have someone back out after driving it. We made it clear that we didn't want the order if they weren't planning on following through.

Markups would be through the roof if there was no reservation system, especially now that we've seen the markups that are happening to everyday vehicles as a result of the supply chain issues.
But the customer would still have ordered a vehicle, without having seen first hand and tested the various options: 2/4-door/engine size/transmission type/features/colors/etc.

Half the discussions on this site involve angst over people trying to decide which engine size or transmission will work best for them. Unsure because they had little or no first hand knowledge. I'm not buying a car that way. Which is why as mentioned, the early reservation scheme benefits a certain type of customer, and it's not customers like me.

And I don't care about ADMs if Ford releases a vehicle ready for prime time. Jeep produces 200k+ Wranglers per year. Ford in that range burns through ADMs. There will always be some dealers trying to jack people regardless. As things settle down, I learn exactly what I'm buying, and cut a deal somewhere.

Plenty of vehicle makers offer redesigned or new vehicles without early reservation schemes. It's not required or necessary, and was partly a function of Ford marketing and not inherently to the benefit of all customers.

Imho Ford has gone off the deep end with reservation schemes. Ford now has reservation schemes for 3 vehicles, which in large part are unavailable to customers: Bronco, Maverick, F150 Lighting. I predict a mess with the 400k Lighting reservations.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“Š 2022 Bronco Allocations Formula Per Dealer Reservations2

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But the customer would still have ordered a vehicle, without having seen first hand and tested the various options: 2/4-door/engine size/transmission type/features/colors/etc.

Half the discussions on this site involve angst over people trying to decide which engine size or transmission will work best for them. Unsure because they had little or no first hand knowledge. I'm not buying a car that way. Which is why as mentioned, the early reservation scheme benefits a certain type of customer, and it's not customers like me.

And I don't care about ADMs if Ford releases a vehicle ready for prime time. Jeep produces 200k+ Wranglers per year. Ford in that range burns through ADMs. There will always be some dealers trying to jack people regardless. As things settle down, I learn exactly what I'm buying, and cut a deal somewhere.

Plenty of vehicle makers offer redesigned or new vehicles without early reservation schemes. It's not required or necessary, and was partly a function of Ford marketing and not inherently to the benefit of all customers.

Imho Ford has gone off the deep end with reservation schemes. Ford now has reservation schemes for 3 vehicles, which in large part are unavailable to customers: Bronco, Maverick, F150 Lighting. I predict a mess with the 400k Lighting reservations.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ“Š 2022 Bronco Allocations Formula Per Dealer Reservations2
I know you don't like it, but get ready for the future, this is the direction manufacturers are going. Reservations are here to stay.

Mach-E was reservation only and was a largely successful launch. I still can't keep them in stock when I get them, a year later.

Reservations give the manufacturer real data to look at, not just focus group data. Analytics are the driver, and like the changes in baseball, not everyone is going to like it, but it gets results.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know you don't like it, but get ready for the future, this is the direction manufacturers are going. Reservations are here to stay.

Mach-E was reservation only and was a largely successful launch. I still can't keep them in stock when I get them, a year later.

Reservations give the manufacturer real data to look at, not just focus group data. Analytics are the driver, and like the changes in baseball, not everyone is going to like it, but it gets results.
Could be. At a minimum, I'm sure Ford marketing division at least initially liked the early reservation scheme. Unfortunately, when Ford could not adequately deliver, it came back to bite them, having 100k+ reservationists on the hook, kvetching about their reservation time stamps and not getting "their" Broncos.

Jeep launched the recent JL without an early reservation scheme. Another vehicle that has my interest, is the new Nissan Z launching this spring, also without an early reservation scheme.

Cleary Ford at least is convinced early reservation schemes are the way to go, and it tells me the type of customers they are courting, which obviously are not customers like me.

On the plus side, kudos to Ford for finally offering an open top rugged 4x4 in the USA market. I think it's a heck of a vehicle, wish Ford success in that genre, even if I never end up getting one.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Could be. At a minimum, I'm sure Ford marketing division at least initially liked the early reservation scheme. Unfortunately, when Ford could not adequately deliver, it came back to bite them, having 100k+ reservationists on the hook, kvetching about their reservation time stamps and not getting "their" Broncos.

Jeep launched the recent JL without an early reservation scheme. Another vehicle that has my interest, is the new Nissan Z launching this spring, also without an early reservation scheme.

Cleary Ford at least is convinced early reservation schemes are the way to go, and it tells me the type of customers they are courting, which obviously are not customers like me.

On the plus side, kudos to Ford for finally offering an open top rugged 4x4 in the USA market. I think it's a heck of a vehicle, wish Ford success in that genre, even if I never end up getting one.
The JL was launched in 2017. As for the Z? Nissan has been living in the past for 15 years now. They're just now getting their lineup to modern standards.

Launching the Bronco during a pandemic was ambitious. Frankly, if the hard top wasn't an issue this conversation is completely different.

If there was no reservation system Ford would have just built a bunch of soft tops and there'd still be a wait, plus a ton of markups.

Broncobabe221

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What does this mean for small dealers? Mine had an allocation of 8 for 2021 and didn't receive any. I'm 36th in line, would I even get it in 2023?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The JL was launched in 2017. As for the Z? Nissan has been living in the past for 15 years now. They're just now getting their lineup to modern standards.

Launching the Bronco during a pandemic was ambitious. Frankly, if the hard top wasn't an issue this conversation is completely different.

If there was no reservation system Ford would have just built a bunch of soft tops and there'd still be a wait, plus a ton of markups.
So what if the JL was launched in 2017? That's only 4 years ago. Jeep sold the JL to fans and the public, without need of an early reservation scheme. Ford implemented an early reservation scheme, because Ford wanted an early reservation scheme, not because it was needed. And it wasn't implemented because of COVID.

Living in the past? Ford has been MIA in the open top 4x4 genre since 1977, lol. I give Ford credit for finally attempting a comeback, but come on. And as mentioned, Nissan is launching the Z this spring without an early reservation scheme. Clearly early reservation schemes are not require or necessary. And Ford's scheme has partly blown up in it's face.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what if the JL was launched in 2017? That's only 4 years ago. Jeep sold the JL to fans and the public, without need of an early reservation scheme. Ford implemented an early reservation scheme, because Ford wanted an early reservation scheme, not because it was needed. And it wasn't implemented because of COVID.

Living in the past? Ford has been MIA in the open top 4x4 genre since 1977, lol. I give Ford credit for finally attempting a comeback, but come on. And as mentioned, Nissan is launching the Z this spring without an early reservation scheme. Clearly early reservation schemes are not require or necessary. And Ford's scheme has partly blown up in it's face.
I wrote a big long explanation, but I'm going to refrain from posting further. None of this is constructive, my comments inclusive.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wrote a big long explanation, but I'm going to refrain from posting further. None of this is constructive, my comments inclusive.
I appreciated the back and forth. As a see it, drive it, smell it, taste it kind of customer ... as soon as Ford introduced the early reservation scheme, I was like damn, this bites for me. But for some customers as you pointed out, it can be a good thing. At this point it is what it is.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love how allocation is the last thing mentioned, but the most important factor in whether or not you even get a Bronco. That list is pretty much in reverse priority.
Money seems to be what most are worried about. Making you feel good about that softens the other points.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciated the back and forth. As a see it, drive it, smell it, taste it kind of customer ... as soon as Ford introduced the early reservation scheme, I was like damn, this bites for me. But for some customers as you pointed out, it can be a good thing. At this point it is what it is.
It's a good thing we still have dealers. When direct buying comes along, we'll be stuck with reservation only.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What good does it do to place a damn reservation if they won't build your car because they're busy filling dealer lot orders? It's horse shit.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What good does it do to place a damn reservation if they won't build your car because they're busy filling dealer lot orders? It's horse shit.
Probably constraints.
Sponsored