Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We don't know, Ford hasn't said.

To be fair to Ford... just because they build 175,000 vehicles doesn't mean those vehicles are the vehicles people want. If Ford only has enough components to build 50,000 Badlands and Wildtrak Broncos, but they got 90,000 orders for Badlands and Wildtrak... well... that's a problem.
THIS. The take rate on BL/WT in the first couple days hell hours, was extremely high outside FEs. Ford still cant get all the first 24 hour orders fulfilled on those and its been now just over a year of actual production.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, we have 125k converted orders early 2021 and (a guess) 200k of orders from reservations. So you have the walk up crowd like me who ordered in later Oct 2021. So there is about 250,000 of Bronco orders and approximately 175,000 built by end of model year. So 75,000 are going to next year? Did I decyphier all of the specultion correctly?
LOL
Yeah we're just guessing. We have no idea.

In late spring 2021, Ford had approx. 125,000 orders for the Bronco. But they haven't said how many have been placed since spring 2021. Nor do we know how many of those 125,000 orders are still sitting there waiting to be fulfilled... as I'm sure a handful of people have given up and moved on to a different vehicle by now.

I think 200,000 orders is a safe guess, but... I also expected a post-July 4th bounce in the stock market and so far that hasn't worked out for me.... so.... :poop:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Day 2 reservation. Nothing.

FORD does not honor its reservation holders.
Hour 2 reservation here.

Nothing.

But they've built 127k Broncos for other people.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When did you place your Y22 order? It’s based off orders - not reservations.
Nope. For people with reservations, the reservation timestamp is the date that matters. The original order date for reservationist only matters for price protection purposes. Ford has established cut off dates along the way in 2021 and 2022 for certain elements of the price protection plan. Timestamp however, is only one piece of the puzzle or equation. Dealer allocation and parts availability will override timestamp. Regionality plays a role (different zones being allocated a certain number of vehicles, etc.). Ford has a process/formula, and it works, but it does not work how anybody expected it to work and it does not truly work in a equitable manner. The other aspect to keep in mind is Ford has always said that early reservations would be a priority and the majority, but priority and majority are not necessarily quantifiable. That is a majority can be as little as 51% more or less. That leave 49% of builds to go to non-early reservations. Again, dealer allocation and parts availability can blow any prescribed percentages out of the water.

Sponsored

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far, my back-of-the-envelope SWAG isn't too far off.
Ford Bronco 📊 Bronco June 2022 Sales: 8,681 sold / 12,909 produced 2206 Production chart

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah we're just guessing. We have no idea.

In late spring 2021, Ford had approx. 125,000 orders for the Bronco. But they haven't said how many have been placed since spring 2021. Nor do we know how many of those 125,000 orders are still sitting there waiting to be fulfilled... as I'm sure a handful of people have given up and moved on to a different vehicle by now.

I think 200,000 orders is a safe guess, but... I also expected a post-July 4th bounce in the stock market and so far that hasn't worked out for me.... so.... :poop:
As the stock market decline accelerates, a lot of those orders will drop out.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As the stock market decline accelerates, a lot of those orders will drop out.
only 55-60% of Americans invest in the stock market. I would guesstimate that the majority of people like myself who do invest in the market are long term retirement investors.

Buying/not buying because od market swings are probably not a lot of people. MAYBE interest rates, but even then on a $50k loan, if 3% is OK, 6% shouldn't make too much of a difference.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay, we have 125k converted orders early 2021 and (a guess) 200k of orders from reservations. So you have the walk up crowd like me who ordered in later Oct 2021. So there is about 250,000 of Bronco orders and approximately 175,000 built by end of model year. So 75,000 are going to next year? Did I decyphier all of the specultion correctly?
LOL
Don't forget to add in those that submitted multiple orders at multiple dealers in hopes of jumping the line somewhere.

Sponsored

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TOTAL BRONCOS BUILT 2021: 54,562
TOTAL BRONCOS BUILT 2022(to date): 72,623

TOTAL BRONCOS BUILT: 127,186
Maybe 45K have been shipped and the rest on dirt mt

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most interesting number to me would be the percentage of fulfilled reservation holders. How many early orders do they have left to still produce? For those still waiting we would have a better understanding of the queue remaining in front of us
I agree... that would be a very interesting number... I think we want to see the same number... but counting all delivered 'reserved Broncos'... but would also include ones that actually went elsewhere... like:

1) Every every "stolen" order that was refused by the original orderer because of things like $10k "surprise" ADM.
2) "Orders" from sketchy dealer practices... like reservations that were placed by employees of dealership for the purpose of creating dealer stock.
3) Orders which were not completed with original reservation holder due to financing and such.
4) Orders intentionally walked away from by reservation holder, but not canceled by dealer.

I'd be interested in knowing just how many Broncos were actually delivered to legitimate early reservation holders. It's a number we'll never know... but is clearly only a fraction of the Broncos delivered to dealerships with a green "special order" window sticker.

Just my .02

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The insane inflation and $5+ gas will do more to stem orders coming in than the stock market ever could.
This…

I would much rather wait for my bronco then see millions of Americans go through hard times, but my guess is that the coming recession (unemployment, gas prices, interest rates) will impact demand. Only question is when the affects will be seen with the long wait times and to what degree.
Sponsored