Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So BL grill is now painted CG as well as the MIC is no CG? Assuming we will see pictures at some point but how far off will they be from the fender flares?
Pretty sure the BL grill was always carbonized gray no? MIC always has been carbonized gray basically.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrak now shows MIC color for door handles and mirror caps. No more color matched. That is a good thing, IMO.
Disagree highly. I view this as a major downgrade.

They dropped the matching handles and black mirrors on the WT. That must make the 2021 OBX sas/WT guys feel good. One of the reasons I went with a 2021 loaded OBX sas over a 2021 WT was because the WT felt like a 'broken' design, with the black mirrors being a constant reminder of the black mod top that never showed. Still with no mod top for 2022, instead of color matching the WT mirror, Ford simply ditched BOTH the mirrors and handles to go plastic. I was just barely leaning towards the OBX sas for 2021, but could see 2022 guys more strongly considering OBX sas over WT. Just the cost of swapping handles for "paintable" parts with sensors, plus paint, is a few thousand dollars (if anyone ever wanted to take on that endeavor)
Agreed. That was the main reason for me. Followed by the grille, followed by the black mirrors. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if maybe the guide is wrong on the plastic mirrors/handles on WT for 2022.
Wildtrak gets all Outerbank’s standard equipment which includes color match door handle, so one would assume the new listing is wrong for mold in color door handles.
I hope this is a typo and/or that they'll return for '23 when the black painted top arrives. I don't want black plastic handles on a top of the line model. Or at least put body color in the lux package or something.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused by the Sasquatch package pricing. How much is it to add Sasquatch to a base two door with a manual transmission?
So... we don't really know yet. I too am very interested to know what the answer is.

The price guide only seems to list the Sasquatch package prices for the automatic transmission.

I'd like to know as well. It would seem like it's no longer tied to SAS on the base? If so that would be sweet.
The standard 4x4 system includes 2-high, 4-low, and 4-high. The Advanced 4x4 has higher gear ratio in the transfer case and an additional drive mode: 4-auto.

And the advanced 4x4 system is still tied to the Sasquatch package on the Base and Big Bend trims.

Is this written somewhere in today's documents? Or have to try in B&P to make sure (still tied to Sas)?
You can try in Build & Price if you want the quick-and-dirty method.

But if you look at both the 2021 and 2022 order guide it says right in description for the Sasquatch Package:

Mandatory "M" means that the package will be added to the order when Advanced 4x4 (E5C, E5D) and 10-Speed Automatic Transmission (44T) are selected.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty sure the BL grill was always carbonized gray no? MIC always has been carbonized gray basically.
I would have thought so but Ford made a point of changing the wording so something must have changed right?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disagree highly. I view this as a major downgrade.

I hope this is a typo and/or that they'll return for '23 when the black painted top arrives. I don't want black plastic handles on a top of the line model. Or at least put body color in the lux package or something.
I personally prefer the MIC mirrors and handles as well, but don't see why they would take the black package (Bronco badge aside?) away from the Wildtrak. That's pretty much its only distinguishing feature.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, this has all been very interesting. I had been hoping to see the special editions, but I'm not waiting any longer. Time to order.

A little weird it specifies roof rails not available with 2.7L on the Badlands, but it's OK on the Wildtrack with the 2.7. Guess I'll have to buy my rack aftermarket.
While I appreciate that aftermarket can do most anything, if this is true that Badlands can't be ordered with roof rack, then I think Ford had pushed me to Black Diamond (I had always been vacillating between the two). I'll miss some of the cool stuff, but oh well. As soon as I get my build date, I'm calling the local car stereo shop to set up a time to bring the rig in. I think the only thing I will be slightly disappointed by is that I would have liked the signature lights.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm seeing tube doors listed, as well as the canvas bimini.

In the price list, there are two different HD modular bumpers: Ford Performance HD Modular for $825 and HD Modular (ilo Steel) for $575. What's the difference here? Only seeing the Ford Performance version listed for BL in the ordering guide.

The $825 option is the cost of upgrading on a trim that comes with a plastic standard bumper.

$575 option is the upgrade cost from the capable steel bumper that's now standard on BD and BL trims.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they fix floor vents for back seat?
Did they add cup holders to back seat ?

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And plastic on the rear seat backs instead of carpet. I was also hoping they’d lose the orange trim on the Badlands.
Changes like this wouldn't be features or options Ford is likely to call out in the order guide. Just have to wait and see on those.
Sponsored