Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand this question seems silly, but are we sure we can make any changes of our 21 order going into 22? My dealer is under the impression that my order is locked in and it cannot be changed.

I looked at all of the "official" communications from Ford and they certainly imply that we can change our 21 orders using 22 options but I don't see anything explicit I can send to the dealer to show him.

Has anyone seen any definitive positive statement like "Those with 21 Orders that have to convert to 22 are free to change trims or add any MY 22 options?"

Specifically I was looking at changing a 2 door MT BD to a 4 door MT Base Sas. Seems like that should be doable but I also understand why Ford would not want to have to re-do all the commodity math at this point.
It shouldn't be a problem, but you may lose price protection for a drastic switch like trims.
Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I expected to see a black interior option for Wildtrak as well.
I am praying that by some miracle, come this Wednesday (the 13th), BP will have a non-two toned interior for Wildtrak. I mean for god's sake, just give me all black leather interior!

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi, not tryin to burn u . . . made a joke . . thought you'd get it . . .

The answer to your question is contained in the post you were replying . .

Try clicking the "#336" link . . has the corrected Price List . .
Thanks. You're good. Its tough to tell what the hell is going on right now and I thought I'd missed a whole deal where folks thought ford was screwing us on option markups.

Hopefully the B&P is up soon so we a tad less speculation.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might have missed the answer but on the order guide it states that roof rack is not available with the Badlands and 2.7. Is this an inaccuracy or some stupidity I'll have to correct on my own via the parts department? I thought this stupidity was corrected already?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might have missed the answer but on the order guide it states that roof rack is not available with the Badlands and 2.7. Is this an inaccuracy or some stupidity I'll have to correct on my own via the parts department? I thought this stupidity was corrected already?
It's accurate and thought to be related to the weight rating of the vehicle. 4-door BL with the 2.7L is the heaviest build. Seems like they engineered around it for Sasquatch in 2022, but couldn't do so for 2.7L.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's accurate and thought to be related to the weight rating of the vehicle. 4-door BL with the 2.7L is the heaviest build. Seems like they engineered around it for Sasquatch in 2022, but couldn't do so for 2.7L.
nice...wife's gonna freak if I can't get kayaks on top of the thing when it gets here.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've been interested in the GVWR/roof rack/Sasquatch/4dr issue for a year now...what do you think they re-engineered to now offer it on all the 4dr Sas builds except for the 2.7 BL (and I believe the WT if equipped with 61L - full vehicle steel bash plates)?. Was it simply the design/weight of the rack/cross rails itself that they changed or something else?

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand this question seems silly, but are we sure we can make any changes of our 21 order going into 22? My dealer is under the impression that my order is locked in and it cannot be changed.

I looked at all of the "official" communications from Ford and they certainly imply that we can change our 21 orders using 22 options but I don't see anything explicit I can send to the dealer to show him.

Has anyone seen any definitive positive statement like "Those with 21 Orders that have to convert to 22 are free to change trims or add any MY 22 options?"

Specifically I was looking at changing a 2 door MT BD to a 4 door MT Base Sas. Seems like that should be doable but I also understand why Ford would not want to have to re-do all the commodity math at this point.

Unfortunately the Base 4dr will not be available with a manual if you go SAS. Levine confirmed this yesterday on twitter. I see a lot of very disappointed folks again for sure.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been interested in the GVWR/roof rack/Sasquatch/4dr issue for a year now...what do you think they re-engineered to now offer it on all the 4dr Sas builds except for the 2.7 BL (and I believe the WT if equipped with 61L - full vehicle steel bash plates)?. Was it simply the design/weight of the rack/cross rails itself that they changed or something else?
No idea. Also possible they didn't really change the weight at all but did more analysis to show Sasquatch would be okay, or reduced some other weight assumption in the calculation.

Back when I was an (non-automotive) engineer, we often increased the advertised capability of existing parts simply by doing more analysis that justified removing conservatism.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately the Base 4dr will not be available with a manual if you go SAS. Levine confirmed this yesterday on twitter. I see a lot of very disappointed folks again for sure.
Yup. It was an exciting couple of hours though.

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It blows my mind that you can't get a rack on a stock 4-dr badlands with the 2.7. Hopefully the aftermarket comes through with something.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer asked me to email him over what I want to change my order. I was pushed from a MY21 order to a MY22 order.

Should I just B&P what I want now, knowing the few changes for MY22 and send that over to him?

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer asked me to email him over what I want to change my order. I was pushed from a MY21 order to a MY22 order.

Should I just B&P what I want now, knowing the few changes for MY22 and send that over to him?
I have seen dealers mess up a few orders at this point and those are just the ones that were reported.
If it were me, I'd go down to the dealership in person and make sure everything was done just right.
Sponsored