Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE DEC 12TH:

Received another call this morning from the Ford Executive Office, advising me of their documented process to receive Customer Feedback.

We are to contact the, CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER, AT 1-800-392-3673.

For the 3rd time, I lobbied for a way to open communication channels to share feedback. No luck.

UPDATE DEC 8TH:

I had two phone calls with the Ford Executive Office. The second call was initiated by me to discuss a proposal. I was invited to send it in writing, which I did, on December 2nd.

Here is the proposal:

The Ford Bronco and/or Customer Experience Team and Bronco6g Forum identify Representatives (1 each) that will work together

o Bronco6g Rep Responsibilities:

Ā§ Collects member-reported REPETITIVE issues with pictures, inclusive of significant Safety, Quality, Manf. or Performance items

Ā§ Assembles data in a structured, sortable format

Ā§ Distributes the collected information to the Ford Bronco/Customer Experience Team Rep, per an agreed-upon frequency schedule

o Ford
Bronco/Customer Experience Team Rep Responsibilities

Ā§ Receives information from the Bronco6g Rep

Ā§ Reviews information with the rest of the Bronco/Customer Experience Team

Ā§ Distributes issues to the appropriate departments for awareness and possible entry into Fordā€™s RCCA system

Ā§ Communicates, as appropriate, to Bronco6g on status or knowledge of resolutions

I asked if we could try the proposal out for 30 days.

Alas...here is the Ford Exec Office e-mail reply:

"Thanks for contacting Ford Motor Company and providing the proposal below. We researched your request and determined we already have a formal process in place. Our customerā€™s feedback is important and we appreciate the
information you provided."

I replied: "Thank you for your reply. What is the formal process for Customer Feedback you are referring to? Hopefully your response isn't, "Go see your Dealer". This process is not timely or satisfactory, nor does it represent the direct feedback to Ford Production we are offering."

Heavy sigh.

ORIGINAL POST NOV 28TH:

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bCKnGypjpN2g2Qz8UtEC1-eqGUeqm5g9fj0tdrady3E/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742

NICE !!!!!!

You forgot the roll of electrical tape left on the hood weatherstripping. :LOL:

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done! HUGE believer in having / giving direct customer feedback to the upper echelons of a company.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cat Nicely done. Thank you.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done! Thank you.

How about the 2.7L dropping valves or unexplained complete engine failure? Was that discussed? That would also fall into a safety concern as these vehicles are ā€œoff roadā€ vehicles. To me that means we drive our into some of the most remote sections of land in the entire country. If the engine fails out in the wild thatā€™s a huge exposure risk.

cheers.

Last edited: