Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is Bronco6g is a swear word inside their walls because it isn’t a Ford puppet, echo chamber like another unnamed site….

Engineers and Quality control people should be all over this site constantly. Hell, great job for interns to review and catalog this feedback. My guess is the executives are hearing sunshine and roses from below and their PR site… I mean the aforementioned unnamed site.

Feedback here is too brutally honest. Ignorance is the executives best friend.
Sponsored

Cmargio

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Volvo, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Thank you for taking the time to put this together! Very well said!

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My guess is Bronco6g is a swear word inside their walls because it isn’t a Ford puppet, echo chamber like another unnamed site….

Engineers and Quality control people should be all over this site constantly. Hell, great job for interns to review and catalog this feedback. My guess is the executives are hearing sunshine and roses from below and their PR site… I mean the aforementioned unnamed site.

I couldn't agree more with all four points!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco Notion about now...

ezgif-com-crop-33.gif

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Well done, Cat! I agree with you about end-user communication.I also had an email conversation with a well-known executive and it made an ongoing issue with ordering corrected very quickly.

Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perfect. Gives them all of December to identify steps to improve QC and be ready to not screw mine up week of 1/3.:cool:
im scheduled for Jan 3 week myself. Hopefully the regular operators come to work that week and our trucks aren’t built by a bunch of doubles.
( doubles is what happens when they put two people on a job they never do because the regular assigned person is out )

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hear you loud and clear.
Thanks for doing this. Ford should offer you some sort of an ad hoc QC position given your experience at Boeing! Hoping they will take this as serious as it sounds they are.

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for doing this. Ford should offer you some sort of an ad hoc QC position given your experience at Boeing! Hoping they will take this as serious as it sounds they are.
Actually, Boeing probably needs Cat back to avoid another 737 Max situation.

Thank you for grabbing the bull by the horns Cat.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

titanic-strongly-worded-letter.gif

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have not been on the Bronco Nation site. Maybe i will take a gander ove there.
Please don't, Bronco Nation has proven, repeatedly, they are a lame forum. If you are not aware, they are actually run by Jackson Dawson, one of Ford's marketing companies. They thought they could build an "enthusiasts" forum through paid memberships instead of an organic effort like Bronco6g with over 10x the number of members.

And then we have the memorable...
NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update]

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn't THAT be something?!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. I work with a lot of "engineers" and they have made it very clear they are super smart and know everything. Especially about things they read on the internet. How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!
yes, good idea...let's wait and take delivery before we see if it's something Ford can address ahead of time. I swear you Ford apologists are hilarious. ALL of these issues are glaring and should have never made it out of some 3rd world factory much less damn Ford. They should be embarrassed and ashamed.

@Cat what you did was a great thing and very considerate of the community. We appreciate it!

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please don't, Bronco Nation has proven, repeatedly, they are a lame forum. If you are not aware, they are actually run by Jackson Dawson, one of Ford's marketing companies. They thought they could build an "enthusiasts" forum through paid memberships instead of an organic effort like Bronco6g with over 10x the number of members.

And then we have the memorable...
NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update]
I like Bronco6g better.
Sponsored