Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yes, good idea...let's wait and take delivery before we see if it's something Ford can address ahead of time. I swear you Ford apologists are hilarious. ALL of these issues are glaring and should have never made it out of some 3rd world factory much less damn Ford. They should be embarrassed and ashamed.

@Cat what you did was a great thing and very considerate of the community. We appreciate it!
Boom! Drop the 🎤!
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Nice job Cat. I really hope Ford management takes your email seriously. The excitement over the Bronco could fade quickly if these issues aren’t addressed. Thanks again!

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Who did you email and what are their addresses? I have been trying to get truthful info from absolutely anyone about the airbag recall. I suppose you could say that at least they’re trying to address this issue unlike many of the others you listed, but the lack of communication and utterly open/non-existent timeframe for this fix has more than 500 of still waiting while our Broncos were shipped and now sit at dealerships with a stop-sale on them, not to mention many of them also sat at Dirt Mountain before that. Maybe if I email these same people, because Mike Levine and Jim Farley sure as hell aren’t responding here or on social media, then maybe, just maybe we’ll get something done about this recall.

homeslice5177

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford F150, 2021 Ford Bronco ( on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i would love to know who you sent it to. As a former employee of CAP I ran the repair shop for 2 years and I know how the offline repair process is supposed to work. I would love to see why MAP does not follow those same rules to repairing late units. I understand some no stocks and major issues, but there are many units that have low hanging fruit day repairs just sitting around collecting dust. I would be interested if they are even aware of those issues

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sincerely,

Cat

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Hood dent/warping!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anyone-notice-poor-hood-alignment.28960/

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Finally sometimes or most times execs are shielded from real issues until it's too late. Thank you.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for doing this. I hope someone starts addressing these issues. I get it's the first year and covid, but some of the things that have happened to people have nothing to do with all that. Thanks!
There is no excuse. The Japanese believe in “zero defects,” Ford, not so much. I’m also a lifetime Ford customer, but this still pisses me off.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just don't understand how the mismatched seats did not get seen
Especially the one with the driver seat that had different top and bottom.
I just can't imagine the person who installed that, did not notice.
That's just a serious IDGAF
Easy, those are protected with a bag where you can barely see the seat. The installer will not see the seat.

The one that is accountable for is the one that put together the seat and the one that put the bag protection on.

Of course, It's a third party company the one that does this.

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just don't understand how the mismatched seats did not get seen
Especially the one with the driver seat that had different top and bottom.
I just can't imagine the person who installed that, did not notice.
That's just a serious IDGAF
Ford Bronco 📝 UPDATE Dec 12th: My Letter to the Ford Executive Team: Submitted Customer Feedback Proposal and Response AA30630D-7C2A-4A25-A39B-4726697D687E

They can't see the seat when they are installing it.

Wrong part number on the seat will be enough to make that mistake.

Now, the one with the mismatch in the same seat. It just unforgivable to the third party that make the seats.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Finally sometimes or most times execs are shielded from real issues until it's too late. Thank you.
Especially when they build a cocoon around the executive suite and God help you if you bring up an issue or failure, you will quickly learn the meaning of getting thrown under the bus.

As someone else posted, this is a failure of leadership on many levels at Ford, no one wants to disappoint the new kid on the block, Jim Farley. He must maintain plausible deniability so he can blow sunshine and roses towards Wall Street and Bill Ford.

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a Ford Warranty Admin, I have yet to see this, in any application of the 2.7. I am watching for it though.
@Tornado_735: Since you are in Ford Warranty Admin.:

What do you know about the Airbag recall?

What is the Takata Airbag Stocking and Dealer Distribution plan?

When can the 550+ folks who have Dirt Mountain Broncos and Broncos sitting in purgatory on Dealer lots expect to start taking delivery?

If you don't know, that's an acceptable answer, but will you dig into this for us?

Thanks!

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the warranty claims from any auto manufacturer were released to the public everyone would be shocked.
I'll bet my bottom dollar that if you could take a look behind the scenes at any other new from the ground up vehicle launch you would find the same kind of glitches and hiccups. The amount of transparency surrounding this particular launch is too much to handle for many people! I also think if you take ALL deliveries to date and see just how many have no problems at all it would put a lot of this into perspective.
Sponsored