Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📝 UPDATE Dec 12th: My Letter to the Ford Executive Team: Submitted Customer Feedback Proposal and Response 1638355295619
Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. I work with a lot of "engineers" and they have made it very clear they are super smart and know everything. Especially about things they read on the internet. How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!
Congrats on your perfect Bronco but there are others who’ve had less than perfect experiences. She did this for the Bronco community and deserves a thank you!!

Last edited:

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like maybe I should clarify: I was not casting doubt on there possibly being issues with the 2.7, it's just not something I have seen where I work. I just wonder if it's not a specific lot of engines or a specific VIN range.
Interpreting member posts is a challenge for some. Somehow I knew exactly what you meant in your first post by "have not seen". Sorry you got "snarked" for it.!

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. […] How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!
We call this survivorship bias.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to know how you came across the executive teams email address. Your email was well done.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We call this survivorship bias.
What do you call someone taking a few anecdotes he heard second and third hand and claiming they are representative of the vehicle as a whole? Does he really think he is opening Ford’s eyes? They see the actual numbers and what is going on, someone on a forum who doesn’t even own the vehicle has no idea whatsoever as to the reality of quality or issues with the vehicle…even less so than someone who owns one who claims no issues and tries to apply that to the overall group of owners.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let’s hope they address this before my 11/23 blend is actually built lol..
Hopefully your letter will help Ford right the ship in time for the 2022 launch.
I just hope the fixes are in place for the start of MY 22 production since I have a 12/20 week build date.
A cargo ship does not change course fast, neither do large, unionized, bureaucratic companies. Jeep's famously low quality was finally acknowledged in 2014, look how long it took to finally make some progress.

2014: Chrysler VP of quality leaves after poor survey results

2021: Jeep Scores its Best Finish Yet on the J.D. Power Initial Quality StudyJeep Scores its Best Finish Yet on the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study

When Ford started conceiving and designing the Bronco in the 2016 time frame, their bar for quality was set very low by the Jeep they wanted to be competitive with, Ford management felt they did not need to design the best, just design something to be "competitive". The development budgets were set accordingly and the manufacturing processes and procedures are from the, "we've always done it this way".

Ford And Lincoln Brands Rank Below Industry Average In J.D. Power 2020 Initial Quality Study

Ford and Lincoln SUVs Are Astoundingly Problematic in 2020

Ford Explorer ranks among lowest scoring models in reliability survey

Can Ford change some things, the low hanging fruit near term, maybe, depending on how serious they are. But you have to have management and union leadership backing at all levels, documents updated, training put in place, time to train people, time for people to stop their old bad habits and start the new procedures. Will Ford allow this when it will cut throughput and bottom line profits? It's a cargo ship.

Will we see real change, or more lip service?
Ford Admits Screwing Up the 2020 Explorer Launch, Promises Not to Again

Last edited:

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mismatched seats?? Unbelievable!!! This is the kind of crap that gives American cars a bad rep. Someone needs to be walked out of the facility for that one.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome’

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh!!! Well...that clears up alot of my confusion...you work for a Dealer!! When you said you were "in Warranty Admin", i incorrectly assumed you were a Ford direct employee. My bad. Sorry to bother you; my intention was not to offend. I will try a different avenue.
It's all good in the hood. Again, I don't mind helping with issue tracking, at least from my vantage point, but it will be a limited field of view, at least until we start getting more Broncos through the door.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good work Cat. Someone had to step up.

Site admins, can someone promote Cat to forum member team lead. Or something. Cat needs recognition for the work she did. Thanks

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you call someone taking a few anecdotes he heard second and third hand and claiming they are representative of the vehicle as a whole? Does he really think he is opening Ford’s eyes? They see the actual numbers and what is going on, someone on a forum who doesn’t even own the vehicle has no idea whatsoever as to the reality of quality or issues with the vehicle…even less so than someone who owns one who claims no issues and tries to apply that to the overall group of owners.
Considering there’s already been a recall that resulted in barely any improvement, vehicles continue to sit on dirt mountain for an unknown reason, and tons of examples of poor quality control, his letter was spot on. Anecdotes of poor quality control add up to a quality control issue. Yes, the majority of vehicles going out may not have those issues, but considering how few vehicles have been delivered so far, there’s still an alarming number of vehicles with those issues.

We also can’t assume how much of this information is seen by the C level employees. Why would they get into the grains of specific numbers on a specific vehicle when they are rolling out new vehicles all the time? They are likely getting percentage views and bullet points.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's all good in the hood. Again, I don't mind helping with issue tracking, at least from my vantage point, but it will be a limited field of view, at least until we start getting more Broncos through the door.
Since you work for a dealer, question. Why does the marketing team always say y'all have more info than they do? I have been in constant contact with mine throughout the whole process and he has always given me good intel but is always complaining that corporate/MAP wont tell him much of anything else. Are y'all really able "to get more info," or are they just saying that (they prob are)?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done!
Very professional and detailed. Great to see you got a response and acknowledgement so quickly. Hopefully we see something positive come out of this.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Cat thank you for compiling the issues, contacting Ford, and actually receiving a response as well. Here's hoping that they do make the necessary QC changes, and quickly, especially being as yours/my Bronco's are being built in the next 2-3 weeks!

I'll have your checklist in hand when I go for delivery of mine, that's for sure!! Thanks again!
Sponsored

• Love