First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
thank you for doing this
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sometimes the executives use these failures as a hammer to pummel the leadership team they deprived of resources, gave one way unrealistic goals and failed to support.
As Sucky as that is….being “squeezed” from both ends….
….thats not our Problem as customers…. Bottom Line.
Sorry.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just don't understand how the mismatched seats did not get seen
Especially the one with the driver seat that had different top and bottom.
I just can't imagine the person who installed that, did not notice.
That's just a serious IDGAF
This makes me think of something…. Maybe some of the production line employees are doing these things on “purpose”in order for to get attention to delve a deeper investigation on things that they’re cutting corners on, and this is their way of showing it…..so to speak??? Food for thought…

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We gotta figure out a way to not splatter-gun, but collect & funnel our issues. Thanks for the pics. I will add to the "Owners Checklist for Delivery"...
Thank you sir...That is THE correct way forward. Now time to move forward:
Solve and resolve QC issues thru communication, not whining and whinnying.

• Love

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Cat Nice work!

Large companies have large problems managing all that needs to be managed.
Without knowing the facts they cannot work to solve the problems.

I hope Ford can actually solve the QC issues.
The rate and blatant visibility of some of the issues is not acceptable.
If I'm Ford QC management, a tailgate not getting painted and mismatched seats makes me really concerned.

• Love

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice letter. These things are well within Ford's ability to control. There's absolutely no reason that we as customers should be making excuses for Ford when it comes to QC. "It's rare", "It's hard", "Every model has these issues"... c'mon. Demand better. These are expensive machines that can kill.

bobbib

Badlands
First Name
Bobbi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good work Cat. Someone had to step up.

Site admins, can someone promote Cat to forum member team lead. Or something. Cat needs recognition for the work she did. Thanks
Amen

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Well written and to the point and we all appreciate this. Thanks!

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Cat Nice work!

Large companies have large problems managing all that needs to be managed.
Without knowing the facts they cannot work to solve the problems.

I hope Ford can actually solve the QC issues.
The rate and blatant visibility of some of the issues is not acceptable.
If I'm Ford QC management, a tailgate not getting painted and mismatched seats makes me really concerned.
It's clear evidence that a lot of vehicles are passing through assembly without even getting a second look before being loaded for shipping. I from what I have seen in manufacturing videos when it comes to some parts of the assembly like putting in the dashboard and seats that a factory worker is involved to guide the machines so when it comes to the mismatched seats there's little doubt they passed few a few sets of eyes and the workers just didn't care.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that they immediately responded. Every thread where there's an issue brought up, you always see the same Ford apologists jumping in to seemingly brush the issues under a rug. The fact that Ford acknowledged these are real issues should hush those apologists up somewhat

Well, you'd think
Am I a Ford apologist? OR, am I a rational, reasonable person with a little common sense? A person that....
understands this is just a vehicle, and in the grand scheme of things not that important?...realizes the f#@$in world was turned upside down right in the middle of this release?...understands another human being is on the other side my new Bronco and they're going through this shit show just like me?... See's all of these problems and say's WTF Ford? How in the hell can this happen?...then gets up and puts on his big boy pants and goes down to the dealership and (if my Bronco has problems? It's on a train now) works with the dealership like an adult to get the problems resolved?...chooses to NOT go on a forum and lose my mind and throw a damn hissy fit and cuss and scream at a Multi-billion dollar global corporation?
If this makes me a Ford Apologist then so be it!

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sincerely,

Cat

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742

I wish we could give awards or something here for stuff like this. You're a badass in the best way possible. (y)
Sponsored