First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish we could give awards or something here for stuff like this. You're a badass in the best way possible. (y)
Although I applaud @Cat for writing a letter to Ford in an attempt to try and make them aware of the situation,
( I am very doubtful Ford Executives are bumbling about totally oblivious to what's going on) writing a letter doe's not make anyone a badass! IMO of course!
Sponsored

Last edited:

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't understand how the mismatched seats did not get seen
Especially the one with the driver seat that had different top and bottom.
I just can't imagine the person who installed that, did not notice.
That's just a serious IDGAF
I haven't read this whole thread so I may have missed something. I think the seats are wrapped in plastic which is removed at the dealer.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I a Ford apologist? OR, am I a rational, reasonable person with a little common sense? A person that....
understands this is just a vehicle, and in the grand scheme of things not that important?...realizes the f#@$in world was turned upside down right in the middle of this release?...understands another human being is on the other side my new Bronco and they're going through this shit show just like me?... See's all of these problems and say's WTF Ford? How in the hell can this happen?...then gets up and puts on his big boy pants and goes down to the dealership and (if my Bronco has problems? It's on a train now) works with the dealership like an adult to get the problems resolved?...chooses to NOT go on a forum and lose my mind and throw a damn hissy fit and cuss and scream at a Multi-billion dollar global corporation?
If this makes me a Ford Apologist then so be it!
And I think you're proving my point in spades here.
Perhaps you have a negative view on forums. But I see these forums as invaluable for sharing information and finding resolution. If not for these forums, these issues may not have been brought out publicly. We might not see how prevalent they are. And Ford execs possibly would never be privy to the issues.

The squeaky wheel gets oiled. Ever heard that phrase?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does this mean if we have a blended in August, our car will be super defective? I’m about to go pick up mine today. It just came in. But now I’m fucking worried

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d say it, but I don’t want to be banned.
I was IUOE for 7 years working along side teamsters, I saw a few things and I'll leave it at that.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For audits yes but standard checks should be performed on every vehicle that comes off the line.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Easy, those are protected with a bag where you can barely see the seat. The installer will not see the seat.

The one that is accountable for is the one that put together the seat and the one that put the bag protection on.

Of course, It's a third party company the one that does this.
This can still be prevented with easy quality checks in your process. For instance, there should be a bar code on the outside of the bag, which would be scanned when the seat is selected for the specific vehicle; and re-checked by the installer of that seat. I worked many years at a company that utilized barcoding to reduce medication errors in hospitals; it's a very easy thing to integrate into a quality process, for the prevention and catching of errors.

Sponsored

mclaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla model 3 and Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Good on you for doing this and finding a potential listening audience!!

Reactions: Cat

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a lot of reasons people complain about Ford:
  1. Just to bitch
  2. Upset about things Ford has minimal ability to control (global supply chain failures, government mandated coronavirus shutdowns, etc.)
  3. Insane expectations ("I've been waiting for a year, so I should get $20,000 off and a free tow package!")
  4. Upset about things Ford has somewhat limited ability to control (dealers being shitty, not enough hard tops being built, etc.)
  5. Upset about things Ford has complete control over and can absolutely fix (build quality, communications, customer service calls, the reservation system, etc.)
It's not reasonable to be constantly trashing Ford about the first four bullet points. They can be taken to task to an extent about #4, but these are tough to address quickly.

It's also not reasonable for Ford apologists to treat the fifth bullet point as if it's the same as the first four. Things that Ford controls will only get fixed when their customers incentivize them to do so. Pointing out real problems isn't the same thing as saying the Bronco is a worthless piece of shit. There are lots of companies that do these things right, and I think Ford wants to get them right. It's not an impossible ask.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am afraid much of these quality issues can be traced back to lingering covid effects and the general environment as far as shutdowns, workplace restrictions, fear, etc in Michigan.

There are many senior people who decided to up and retire.

Many other workers are taking the benefits of not working.

There is, I know I read it someplace, many substitutes filling in.

Where I work we have a supplier located in Michigan and we've seen all these things in their organization and deliveries get delayed and delayed while quality of what we do get has gone to hell.

Easy to see quality suffer.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I a Ford apologist? OR, am I a rational, reasonable person with a little common sense? A person that....
understands this is just a vehicle, and in the grand scheme of things not that important?
...realizes the f#@$in world was turned upside down right in the middle of this release?...understands another human being is on the other side my new Bronco and they're going through this shit show just like me?... See's all of these problems and say's WTF Ford? How in the hell can this happen?...then gets up and puts on his big boy pants and goes down to the dealership and (if my Bronco has problems? It's on a train now) works with the dealership like an adult to get the problems resolved?...chooses to NOT go on a forum and lose my mind and throw a damn hissy fit and cuss and scream at a Multi-billion dollar global corporation?
If this makes me a Ford Apologist then so be it!
And yet it's important enough for you to become a member at the forum and post regularly. It's clear the brand Ford is dear enough to your heart for you to spend time typing posts apologizing for them. Thanks for your opinion but we don't need Blue Oval apologists to tell us what's important to us.

Last edited:

mj21_OBBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
@Cat - you are a legend. thanks for the post and the proactive letter to Ford. I just got notice my build was complete and should take delivery in the next few weeks +/- . I am going to make use of your pre-delivery checklist. I will be sure to send you pics if I have any of those above issue (fingers crossed I don't though) in case you have some additional follow up discussions with Ford.
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: Cat