Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cat, Seems likely Ford will fly you to Dearborn for further discussions. Try to clarify the oil overfill situation....I PM'd the Ford forum rep & got this response:

ME:
I'm hoping you can answer an oil question on my 2.7L. Just had my dealer complete an oil change after 1,100 break-in miles. They did the drain & 7-quart add per Ford's spec. I had asked the dealer's tech to also do a dip stick check after completion; he did, and was happy with the reading.

Next day before cranking I did a dipstick check; mine dipstick is stamped FT4E-6750-BF D454A. My reading is right in the middle of the twist - which is quite a bit above the max-fill mark.

Granted there are not a lot of Broncos changing oil yet...but there is quite a dust-up on this forum about it, because everyone is experiencing this same thing. Some opine Ford's statement on 7-quart capacity is wrong; others opine the dipstick itself fails to account for the larger pan Bronco utilizes.

Can you please clarify this situation. Many thanks

FORD: Good afternoon, Jim. We appreciate you reaching back out to about your Bronco’s oil levels. This is a great question for the folks at your local Ford dealership. They are in the best position to assist regarding any technical concerns about your Bronco. You can find a local dealer by using the Dealer Locator tool at the following link: https://owner.ford.com/service/dealer-locator.html. Have a great rest of your day!

Will S Ford Social Media Team

ME: Thanks Will....Dealers are just as confused as forum members. The problem is that Ford has said things that are mutually exclusive (they can't ALL be true):

1. Bronco oil capacity is 7 quarts

2. Don't overfill beyond the 'max' mark on the dipstick

The problem is you/dealer can follow ONE of those instructions - but not BOTH

FORD: You're welcome. I recommend continuing to work with your dealer, as they are truly in the best position to provide you further assistance with your Bronco's oil levels. Thank you for your patience, Jim.

Will S Ford Social Media Team
What a dismal teflon run-around response, Jim.

There has got to be a better way to elevate issues and get better action/feedback.
My goal is to try and establish a communication channel where Bronco6g can work with a Ford Specialized Rep who can interface between Bronco6g Owners and Ford Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering. We can't splatter-gun our issues and communication to them; we need a process that funnels issues to Ford and provides us with a feed-back loop.

Thanks for the detail.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The skeptic in me from dealing with big bureaucratic corporations in an adversarial way on a daily basis says that in Ford's response they were just blowing smoke and nothing will come of it. But don't listen to me. I'm a bah humbug old man in a young man's body.
"You might be right; I may be crazy" for trying.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but domestic vehicles just aren’t on the same level as Japanese made.
I guess my question to you then is, even though they are made using a "Japanese Process" how much "Japanese" are these cars if they are made by Americans in America, using parts made in America, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Germany etc, etc.?

Sponsored

karguy08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I"m glad for the serious sounding response, let's see how they take it from here.

I haven't shared this yet on the forums, but none of my cameras worked at delivery and had to take it back a week later for them to tear out my dash and replace a cable, which took over 1 day. (at least they gave me a rental car that i had to pry to get for free)

BTW backing up without a rear view camera is quite scary when you can only see above the back tire and are used to having a backup camera; my first 5 cars did not have them but I've apparently grown lazy.

drgibson

Badlands
First Name
WalterWhite4AU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Got my Bronco on 11/23 and have noticed the weatherstripping on the MIC top has failed. It is in the shop now, will report back the resolution if any.

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I"m glad for the serious sounding response, let's see how they take it from here.

I haven't shared this yet on the forums, but none of my cameras worked at delivery and had to take it back a week later for them to tear out my dash and replace a cable, which took over 1 day. (at least they gave me a rental car that i had to pry to get for free)

BTW backing up without a rear view camera is quite scary when you can only see above the back tire and are used to having a backup camera; my first 5 cars did not have them but I've apparently grown lazy.
Adding this to the OCD (Owners Checklist at Delivery). Thnx.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess my question to you then is, even though they are made using a "Japanese Process" how much "Japanese" are these cars if they are made by Americans in America, using parts made in America, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Germany etc, etc.?
We could debate this all day. Cars made in Japan or with Japanese manufacturing process have been more reliable than their domestic counterparts for decades.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We could debate this all day. Cars made in Japan or with Japanese manufacturing process have been more reliable than their domestic counterparts for decades.
I agree, and generally speaking you're correct. Just like there are no domestics that are %100 American made, aside from Mazda, there are no %100 Japanese made cars. So making blanket statements about how much more reliable they are than domestics is a loaded statement.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree, and generally speaking you're correct. Just like there are no domestics that are %100 American made, aside from Mazda, there are no %100 Japanese made cars. So making blanket statements about how much more reliable they are than domestics is a loaded statement.
Land Cruiser, LX, 4Runner and GX are still made in Japanese plants in Japan by Japanese workers.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like the Bronco but I probably wouldn't be considering it if Toyota released the a new 4Runner this year or next.
Best current info on the 4Runner forums is the 2023 6th gen 4Runner will be released for sale in the 4th quarter of 2022.

Reactions: Jdc
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting as of Nov 29th]. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/#post-999227

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
You can add my Rapid Red BB to the list of misfits off the production line. I picked it up at 10 am on 11/26 and was dead in the water at 10am on the 27th. While running down the interstate, it overheated and shut down on me. After paying $200 to have it towed to the nearest Ford dealership, they found that one of the hose clamps for the coolant was not properly tightened, which caused it to pop off allow the engine to overheat. Luckily, no other damage was done, but you never expect to break down in the first 24 hours of owning a brand new vehicle. Needless to say, it dampened my enthusiasm a bit...

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmm....
Honda Accord -- Marysville, Ohio
Toyota Camry. -- Georgetown, Kentucky
Toyota Tundra -- San Antonio, Texas...
And how many years in a row now has the Ford F150 been the top selling vehicle of all. Not to mention how many Chevrolet and Dodge trucks...
Um, Honda and Toyota are Japan auto companies but their cars are made in the US with their QA standards.

US autos are always in the low end for reliability. Ford may SELL more F150 than Tundras, but Tundras have higher resell and more reliability.

Don't get me wrong, we have had great luck with my son's 2012 Escape and my other son's 2015 Escape. And as rock solid as a Toyota 4runner and Tacoma is, you can find people who
have had enough issues with them that they are ready to donate them to the US Army for mortar practice.

Sponsored